Creating/Using Translation Files [Updated August 22nd, 2017]

100% of the Spanish (Spain) translation done!

There's still somethings that doesn't fit, others that I dont find very clever so, if anyone wants to try it to find any issue, will be much appreciated.

I will update the file as soon as I get a better output ;)

NOTE: I've already make a few changes, unwrapped all the lines(THANK YOU GUYS! T-T ) and make new ones that fits better. I will continue working on some names but its pretty much done ;)

Oxygen not included - Spanish[SPAIN] translation.rar

Edited by Idznak
Translation Edit
  • Like 6

Thats great!

One thing tho, don't use PoEdit if youre going to make just a few changes, it's better to use something like Notepad++ to keep the format.

If there's anything that you cannot see ingame, this two thigs helped me A LOT:

On 28/2/2017 at 6:19 AM, timikx said:

Hi, talked with dev of Poedit and he said that the Poedit is making standarded PO file (line splitting is usual behavior) but problem is that the game is not implemeted in a way that it can read it.
Anyway I managed to unwrap most of wraped lines (splitted lines) with program gettext 
( https://mlocati.github.io/articles/gettext-iconv-windows.html )

with command line (Command Prompt - cmd)
msgcat strings.po > strings2.po --no-wrap

- msgcat is part of gettext
- strings.po - file with wraped lines
- strings2.po - newly made file with unwrapped lines

But the lines that contains "/n" still stay wrapped and so far I didn't find easy way how to unwrap it without manual editing in notepad++.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:34 PM, timikx said:

If you want to fast get rid of the wrapping (splitted lines) you can do it with some text editor that can locate special symbols like end of paragraph, you can in bulk unwrap all lines.

I did it in MS Word like this:

a) First make copy of the translated file (strings.po), then open the copied file in Notepad and delete first several lines until the line that starts with the hashtag symbol - # (in my file it with 15 lines), Then save it and open this file in MS Word (without this step MS Word is not Able to open the file)
b) use replace function and insert these 4 symbols in the Find box: "^p" (^p = end of paragraph in MS Word) and to the Replace box type nothing and that click Replace All, save it and close MS Word.
c) open the original file in Notepad, copy to the clipboad first several lines you deleted in step a), open the copied file in Notepad and paste these lines at the begining of the copied file and save it.

Now you have fully unwrapped file that will work in the game.

On 27.03.2017 at 6:29 PM, Seturo said:

Tu masz rozpoczęty projekt w 50-60% skończony ale chyba umarł.
https://github.com/Kiwiutek/Oxygen-Not-Included-Spolszczenie

On 27.03.2017 at 10:25 PM, PhorKILLICK said:

Zawsze można go przejąć i dokończyć. :)

Polski projekt nie umarł, uderzyliśmy w tłumaczenie wersji przedwczesnej, ale przez częste zmiany autorów gry - bardzo dużo tekstu Nam uciekało. Z projektem ruszymy dalej jak tylko wyjdzie część gry z temperatura nie w wersji beta. Czekamy również jak jedna osoba napisze skrypt do szybszej aktualizacji tłumaczenia. 

• Like 2

On 26/3/2017 at 3:12 PM, Idznak said:

¡Muy buenas paisano!

Sólo tienes que poner el archivo "strings.po" que va dentro del .rar que he subido en la carpeta:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods

Y al ejecutar el juego verás los cambios.

No he tenido mucho tiempo de revisarlo bien, asi que si encuentras alguna cosilla y me lo comentas, te lo agradeceré mucho :)

On 28/2/2017 at 6:19 AM, timikx said:

Hi, talked with dev of Poedit and he said that the Poedit is making standarded PO file (line splitting is usual behavior) but problem is that the game is not implemeted in a way that it can read it.
Anyway I managed to unwrap most of wraped lines (splitted lines) with program gettext 
( https://mlocati.github.io/articles/gettext-iconv-windows.html )

with command line (Command Prompt - cmd)
msgcat strings.po > strings2.po --no-wrap

- msgcat is part of gettext
- strings.po - file with wraped lines
- strings2.po - newly made file with unwrapped lines

But the lines that contains "/n" still stay wrapped and so far I didn't find easy way how to unwrap it without manual editing in notepad++.

I had this error, and I did as you said, and when I enter "msgcat strings.po > strings2.po --no-wrap", it says "no such file or directory"

My question  is, should i copy the file somewhere?

Anyway, I am attaching the file.

It is a spanish translation for the 214633 version, 

strings.po

@DamaNegra

Ok, I'll try to explain the process step by step as I did:

First, download & install the app gettext

Once done, go there and paste the string.po file.

Spoiler

screencap1.png

Then open cmd as an administrator(You can search for cmd at any windows search, then right click, run as administrator) Otherwise, cmd will deny any file writing.

You can go back to the root directory (C:/) using cd..

When the prompt reach C:\ type cd Program Files (press enter), cd gettext-iconv (enter again) then cd bin (enter).

Now you're in the gettext binaries folder, where msgcat and your strings.po files are.

screencap2.png

Now you can run the command msgcat strings.po > strings2.po --no-wrap

You should see no change there, but the file strings2.po file is created.

Go to C:\Program Files\gettext-iconv\bin and copy this to the mods folder. (Something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods if you have a x64 processor)

Get rid of the older strings.po file if needed, then rename strings2.po to strings.po.

The other method involved (the one with MSWord) is pretty straightforward, but if you need any help with that, just let me know and i'll do another step-by-step guide ;)

Hope this helps to anyone having this issue!

• Developer

Along with Japanese/Korean font support, tomorrow we will be launching Steam Workshop Language Pack support. So you can upload your translations to the Steam Workshop and people can subscribe to those language packs. You should already have access to the language uploader by going to your Steam Library and switching from Games to Tools and installing the Oxygen Not Included uploader. If you wanted to get a head start on your translation, I've attached the latest strings file.

strings_template.pot

• Like 5