Any Plans to Merge Shipwrecked with Together?

4 minutes ago, Maslak said:

They have lots of stuff to do already, Ness. Haven't you heard about Shank: Reign of Giants?

no, but ive heard so many good things about eets munchies: shipwrecked that i thought klei was done with it.

12 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Oh yeah, don't remind me...

Yeah. During stream i was copy pasting the link again and again. This and "do they plan to port OnI on console" "no plan for console at the moment"

So I recently got Shipwrecked for DS on Console and have been playing it a lot. But when Don't Starve Together had it's full release on console too, I instantly bought and binged that. I switched back and forth from the two games, and thought, "Man, Shipwrecked is kinda hard. Don't Starve Together is easier with other people though. What if they put Shipwrecked on DST?" And thus, I started thinking of a way that Klei could do something like that.

Would you want to see something like that? What do you think would and wouldn't work if they did decide to make this for Together?

And most the important question: WHY ISN'T THIS ALREADY A THING?!?!

haha, no wonder I thought I was unorigional saying this.

And thanks for the help on the whole "I have no idea what i'm doing because i'm really new at this" thing. This has happened before, and i've obviously not learned from my mistakes.

ONI and DST will get involved with each other someday, somehow. That would be cool, crock pots are microbe mushers, duplicants having gravity defying pigtails (or do they have that already?) and @WishIHadAFridge would have a new friend  Refrigerator.png

(I don't see any reason SW would get involved with ONI though(I am way off topic))

I don't think they can merge Shipwreck with DST, that's a lot to ask for..

Shipwreck is a total different animal, it would be very difficult to add that to DST imo. RoG is just some new elements to Don't Starve (Giant bosses, overheating, freezing, etc..) which is why it was possible to add in DST.

If Klei ever make a sequel for DST, it would be awesome if they add a lot of shipwreck element to the sequel, plus new giants bosses, and some underwater exploration/bosses (like how we have the caves in DST.

1 hour ago, jesuisralph said:

I don't think they can merge Shipwreck with DST, that's a lot to ask for..

Shipwreck is a total different animal, it would be very difficult to add that to DST imo. RoG is just some new elements to Don't Starve (Giant bosses, overheating, freezing, etc..) which is why it was possible to add in DST.

If Klei ever make a sequel for DST, it would be awesome if they add a lot of shipwreck element to the sequel, plus new giants bosses, and some underwater exploration/bosses (like how we have the caves in DST.

Eh, it's definitely possible, just a lot of hard work, rebalancing, bug fixes, etc. that Klei isn't interested in tackling right now. They just got done with ANR, they probably want to relax from DST for a while, rebalancing what they have is something far easier than adding Shipwrecked.

I have no doubt that it'll inevitably happen, since Klei would make good money from it in addition to pumping new blood into the game, the time just isn't right as of now.

As we've all said, though, @Fidooop is working on Island Adventures, which is a mod that'll merge RoG and SW together and give us stuff we want, for now anyway. I know a mod isn't the godsend of solutions, but it's the best I've got.

Klei's probably still got stuff up their sleeves though. They're not leaving DST anytime soon. :cool2:

I'd love first to get some of the character from shipwrecked into the game. Maybe not Wallani and Woodleg, because they would need to much changes, but Warly and Wilbur would fit instantly. I play with friends and barely no server mods, it would be great to had these 2 for now.

Would be cool. Say you could have a chance to get shipwrecked somehow. Then your friends have to come find you. Say you find an abandoned ship, you check it out. Then bam shipwrecked.

Characters should be added from shipwrecked to the DST game just because the more characters = the better. Characters don't have to be good to be played, they can be a challenge, they can be fun, they can be just nice with their sounds and quotes (Woodleg ♥)

If SW as a whole gets ported i'd rather have it as a world generation option, so that servers could be split between SW and RoG. I don't want a server that has both types of content because that would be WAY too much.

It would add a lot of variety to the game though to be able to choose which "game" you want to host your world in. But there is something more important to do before SW gets ported:

KILL. CHARLIE. 

Archived