Any Plans to Merge Shipwrecked with Together?

5 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Make it so while trying to post a thread with "Shipwrecked" in it, an excalamation mark pops up and on the side of it a piece of text shows up, saying: "We don't have any plans to port SW to DST at the moment."

"SW for DST when?" *repeatedly hits head on desk*

But it should really just say that when you post to Suggestions or General Discussion of DST.

46 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

I think its safe to say we all would love to have SW in Together but i really don't think it will ever happen! Why would they add a full DLC to the game for free!

Why should they do it for free? I think if they ever going to make SWT, it would be DLC (or maybe a separate game?) and I'm sure I would pay for it!

27 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

I really don't think they will. They need something to keep DS and DST two different games!

That's a really good question. I don't know Klei's long term plans of DS, but it would make sence if it had some advantage agains DST. However, it'd be great to play SW Together with others and the developers also could earn a lot money with it (I believe).

So I'll just wait. We will see, maybe in a few years there will be concrete plans...

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

It actually had stopped for a while, dunno why it started again. I'll talk with Joe about this.

Perhaps a bot that answers these questions, with threads marked Shipwrecked and DST/Don't Starve Together? Actually nah, that'd be way too get around...

Merge them! Merge all the threads into one big jumble of a thread so this doesn't keep being asked! Better forced necros than a whole bunch of threads asking the same thing!

Or, you know, a pinned topic made by a developer could be made in DST section talking about that there are no plans on placing Shipwrecked into DST, kind of like when DS was said to not have any plans for multiplayer at the time. The merging of all the "Shipwrecked+DST" threads could be done as well, just for clean-up, if you're up for it, L :p

• Developer
2 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Perhaps a bot that answers these questions, with threads marked Shipwrecked and DST/Don't Starve Together?

That'd be a nice way to see the @Klei-Bot back in action...

Or, you know, a pinned topic made by a developer could be made in DST section talking about that there are no plans on placing Shipwrecked into DST, kind of like when DS was said to not have any plans for multiplayer at the time.

Joe didn't want to make a big announcement about it as it would make the issue larger. Though I like your idea of...

Merge them! Merge all the threads into one big jumble of a thread so this doesn't keep being asked! Better forced necros than a whole bunch of threads asking the same thing!

just for clean-up, if you're up for it, L

I'll have to perform the ancient technique of merges, performed by @Excess!

I guess I know what I'll be doing today, and it ain't taking over the world. Yet.

Merging tends to make things kinda messy, so if you see cracks in the walls of space-time continuum, that was probably me.

I'll be using this thread as the main one, and whenever a future "SW for DST?" thread is made I'll put it here. The reason I won't merge all the past ones is because it'll turn into a weird mess with posts out of order making people scratch their chins in deep thought.

• Developer
3 hours ago, Keihipa said:

Hey I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything about shipwrecked coming to don't starve together. and if not maybe the dlc characters at least I really enjoy warly and I'd like to play him in don't starve together.

No, there are no plans for an official SW port. But there is a mod doing that: 

3 hours ago, Keihipa said:

maybe the dlc characters at least I really enjoy warly and I'd like to play him in don't starve together.

If you're fine with using mods you can play as Warly in the Shipwrecked Characters mod here on the stream workshop for now!

Otherwise you can also check out Island Adventures for a full port listed above if you're willing to wait a long while as it develops, as it's not currently released publicly.

A sticky isn't going to solve the problem either. It's just going to create arguments for the people who DO pay attention.

We have the Oxygen Not Included directions to buy alpha stickied all over the place here and on steam and still have a constant stream of people asking how to buy. 

Frankly, it should be well known by now. If we haven't announced a thing, that means for better or worse, it's not happening. The moment we KNOW for sure something is going to happen, we announce it. The last time we said we definitely aren't going to do something, we did it. So from now on we are only ever saying that we don't have plans for it. Right now, we have no plans to make SW in DST. =)

6 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I'll have to perform the ancient technique of merges, performed by @Excess!

Tread lightly @ImDaMisterL, for there are unseen perils when performing the ancient ritual of amalgamation. Every time you do it, you surrender a part of your former self to act as bonding. You may find yourself lost, a former shadow of what you were, repeating the sacred chant over, and over again... "ahhg, ANOTHER topic about this?, god damn-it"

Cracks in the fabric of space-time....a-HA!  So it was actually _you_ who made those weird cracks that kept showing up everywhere in Season 5 of New Who!  I KNEW there was something suspicious about you, MisterL...

("But wait, that came out several years ago and he's only merging the threads now"--cracks in space AND TIME, remember?  ;))

But seriously.  At least we're going to have island adventures...?  And I've had the Shipwrecked Characters mod for quite a while on my servers--which seems to be popular, 'cos those characters get picked by new players pretty often.

...Notorious

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

A sticky isn't going to solve the problem either. It's just going to create arguments for the people who DO pay attention.

We have the Oxygen Not Included directions to buy alpha stickied all over the place here and on steam and still have a constant stream of people asking how to buy. 

Frankly, it should be well known by now. If we haven't announced a thing, that means for better or worse, it's not happening. The moment we KNOW for sure something is going to happen, we announce it. The last time we said we definitely aren't going to do something, we did it. So from now on we are only ever saying that we don't have plans for it. Right now, we have no plans to make SW in DST. =)

*in comes Asparagus to misinterpret the meaning*

So you mean we're not definitely not gonna get SW for ONI? -- *gets dragged to the shadow dimension by shadow hands*

1 minute ago, Asparagus said:

*in comes Asparagus to misinterpret the meaning*

So you mean we're not definitely not gonna get SW for ONI? -- *gets dragged to the shadow dimension by shadow hands*

We don't have any plans to bring Shipwrecked to ONI. 

Just now, JoeW said:

We don't have any plans to bring Shipwrecked to ONI. 

But Warly has +20 in cooking... OnO (lol)

3 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Oh yeah, don't remind me...

giphy.gif

"I have played all of klei's games and I want to play ONI, IDC what it takes, someone give it to me!!"

*sends them link to the pinned thread*

oh....

*flies away*

Which would be really weird in this case!

Shipwrecked for Oxygen Not Included isn't gonna happen, guys. I mean, have you ever seen a body of water anywhere _near_ big enough to call an ocean, near your colonies?  No.  If this was happening on Europa and you could have ships sailing on an ocean with a roof of ice overhead*, maybe.  But these seem to be little asteroids that aren't even big enough to be round.

...Notorious

*And MAN, that'd be kind of cool.  Pirates of the under-ice...

Archived