Water Tricks

So, I have been playing for a while now, a good 20+ hours invested, but I have not been able to pass the 50's cycles.

I always run into the problem of not having enough water or oxygen production.

• I have tried water purification (so far the most successful method)
  • I have tried not using electrolyzers for oxygen (failed miserably because algae is hard to get by)
  • I have tried water treatment methods only, yet not very successful
  • i have tried 14x5 rooms to provide better ventilation... but with no significant success.
  • Hydrogen is a gas i can easily manage, but a lot of particles pollute the air everywhere else.

so I am curious, How do you get pass day 50 with happy people? do you cap your population at a certain point? How do you manage your decor? how big do you usually build your rooms?

oxygen.png

Yeah first of all your gas management is not very efficient. I would highly recommend scrolling through this thread and look at how others built.

I also have a post here , it's only at day 46 at that time but I'm at 90+ now and it's only getting better and better. Planning is everything and I've outlined a few tips that would help you out. I would like to add that if you have a stable power supply (manual labor!) the algae deoxidizer can hold out a long time with all the slime on the map.

1 hour ago, DevonBunny said:

So, I have been playing for a while now, a good 20+ hours invested, but I have not been able to pass the 50's cycles.

I always run into the problem of not having enough water or oxygen production.

• I have tried water purification (so far the most successful method)
  • I have tried not using electrolyzers for oxygen (failed miserably because algae is hard to get by)
  • I have tried water treatment methods only, yet not very successful
  • i have tried 14x5 rooms to provide better ventilation... but with no significant success.
  • Hydrogen is a gas i can easily manage, but a lot of particles pollute the air everywhere else.

so I am curious, How do you get pass day 50 with happy people? do you cap your population at a certain point? How do you manage your decor? how big do you usually build your rooms?

oxygen.png

Okay! I feel like my 44 hours in this game should come in handy to this. First, your gas pressure management is pretty terrible. Without air locks, there's too much area for your oxygen to diffuse, therefore thinking out your atmospheric pressure. As such, you would constantly lack oxygen in the core parts of your base.

second, like ShaTiK mentioned, you have way too many dupes in your base. 20 is way too much.

Third, related to second, with too many dupes, you have too little food production. It is about 2.5 cycles per plant and 1.5kcal per plant per yield. So, about 3 plants per person is needed.

Fourth, your oxygen seems to rely on algae deoxydizers. They go through algea extremely quickly. And, with 4 of them that I see, you pretty much have no oxygen production alongside the lack of atmosphere control.

Assuming you saved and loaded some other time, there seems to be a bug where your dupes are permanently cursed with the "interrupted sleep" debuff. And, that tends to be why my dupes are always stressed. Nothing I can really say there. 

Hope I helped even a little bit! Have fun!

Edit: Always build your rooms with air pressure, oxygen density, and temperature in mind. Remember that liquid piping does not take away from decor value, only wires do.

Archived