Tips and tricks: vertical ladders

If you want to build a really long ladder (or tiles or anything else) and you care more about it being straight than exactly how long it is, just hold the mouse button down and scroll the screen with wasd. If you're trying to dig down deep quickly, try to build your ladder straight down with no stops. That way your building materials will fall down with you as you work. Including the tiles you dig out for your ladder. You can build temporary deviations to drain water before return to dig further if there's water in your way. You can also build airlocks along the way to help manage gasses, spilling liquids, and building materials.

2 minutes ago, HabdomeRaider said:

If you want to build a really long ladder (or tiles or anything else) and you care more about it being straight than exactly how long it is, just hold the mouse button down and scroll the screen with wasd. If you're trying to dig down deep quickly, try to build your ladder straight down with no stops. That way your building materials will fall down with you as you work. Including the tiles you dig out for your ladder. You can build temporary deviations to drain water before return to dig further if there's water in your way. You can also build airlocks along the way to help manage gasses, spilling liquids, and building materials.

As I play the game (I've been playing for a total of 40 hours now), the click + wasd is definitely the fastest way to build anything and everything in the game. so A+ for letting people know. As for the title of OP's post.. ladders are most efficiently built vertically, as they are, in fact, ladders.

57 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

As I play the game (I've been playing for a total of 40 hours now), the click + wasd is definitely the fastest way to build anything and everything in the game. so A+ for letting people know. As for the title of OP's post.. ladders are most efficiently built vertically, as they are, in fact, ladders.

Horizontally they're just known as monkey bars. 

Archived