[MOD|TOOL] OnionPatcher

It's still working without any problems.

I've replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll with the original version for the Thermal Update to get the geysers working and then ran the OnionPatcher. It kept making the same world (the default seed 404 is actually pretty decent :)) and then changed the WorldGen settings piece by piece until I got the layout I liked.
Then generated the world, shuffled Dupes until they had decent stats and finally exited the game and put the original Assembly-CSharp.dll from the last update back in. Worked perfectly.

Edit: Still works with the current TU-210794, at least the Force Seed option. The seed is in the WorldGenDataSave.dat at offsets 933h to 936h.

On 2017-03-13 at 9:14 AM, Yuno_Gasai said:

I couldn't find any kind of 'managed' file or folder, only my save and autosave folders.  Is this outdated already, or am I looking in the wrong place?

On 2017-03-18 at 9:36 PM, ShamPeiN said:

first on OxygenNotIncluded_Data

possibly outdated after 208689, those dlls have changed

17 hours ago, Yuno_Gasai said:

That file does not exist for me, so yeah, I'd say outdated.

I did a full re-install (uninstall + delete the folder manually) and opted in for the Thermal Update, the files are there for me, and as far as I know, the patches still works, I'm currently not at home, but I will test it asap.

EDIT:
So I tested the patches, and they all seem to work just fine (seed, debug, free camera). Forcing world size seems to be working as indented, but I'm not 100% sure, need to do some further testing to confirm.

EDIT 2:
I can now confirm that forcing world-size still works (in conclusion, all the patches still works and are NOT outdated, unless I am missing something?). The tiniest size I tried to generate was 128x128.

10 hours ago, Methusalem said:

It's still working without any problems.

I've replaced the Assembly-CSharp.dll with the original version for the Thermal Update to get the geysers working and then ran the OnionPatcher. It kept making the same world (the default seed 404 is actually pretty decent :)) and then changed the WorldGen settings piece by piece until I got the layout I liked.
Then generated the world, shuffled Dupes until they had decent stats and finally exited the game and put the original Assembly-CSharp.dll from the last update back in. Worked perfectly.

Edit: Still works with the current TU-210794, at least the Force Seed option. The seed is in the WorldGenDataSave.dat at offsets 933h to 936h.

Thanks for testing! Glad to hear I'm not the only one the patches still work for :D

4 hours ago, ShamPeiN said:

sadly i crashed multiple times trying create new game on smaller map

What size are you trying? The algorithm that generates the map doesn't play nicely with super small maps (Smallest I have managed is 128x128, the game crashes with 96x96).

3 hours ago, Too-DAMN-Much said:

looks nice, wanted extra zoom out option :)

It's handy for showing of your colony!

On 2/25/2017 at 11:01 PM, Targa_X said:

Awesome! I had posted a suggestion that the devs allow map seed exchange. The tool is a little clunky, and if possible I'd like to see the following improvements:

You've already done this: Warn the user to backup Assembly-CSharp.dll (not too big of a deal, really, because verifying game integrity with Steam will fix it).

For a more streamlined end-user experience, I'd say after making a backup, rename the original Assembly-CSharp.dll to something else very specific, like Onion.dll. Then run the program, select your desired function and click the Patch button. The program looks for Onion.dll and uses it to create a patched Assembly-CSharp.dll. If a file named Assembly-CSharp.dll already exists, the program moves it to the recycle bin. This would make trying different seeds much easier, as the user wouldn't have to keep deleting a patched Assembly-CSharp.dll and putting a copy of the original back, then deleting it after the patch is created and renaming Assembly-CSharp.onion.dll every time. If it worked as I just described, I'd simply be able to type in a new seed and click Patch after every try.

Either that or figure out a way to patch a patched Assembly-CSharp.dll. Once you patch in a new seed value, re-patching the modified file doesn't work. It keeps giving you the first seed's map.

It would also be nice if the program remembered where the game directory is located after the user locates it the first time, rather than having to do that every time you run it.

I don't know how in the world I missed this, but I did, I'm so sorry! Great advice, thank you!

Is it still working? I tried to gen a bigger map(600x600) but cant say if its working. If the world are bigger, is the starting area the same size or is it bigger as normal? Because the starting area dont feel any bigger and the "better" materials like iron are not that more far away as normal.

On 3/24/2017 at 8:26 PM, 656379_1452791410 said:

Is it still working? I tried to gen a bigger map(600x600) but cant say if its working. If the world are bigger, is the starting area the same size or is it bigger as normal? Because the starting area dont feel any bigger and the "better" materials like iron are not that more far away as normal.

yes its working, try multipliers of 64 like 512. keep ratio too (2x3 w/h). starting area should be 70x70 anyway sharing wall with next biome. only time it was bigger when next biome had no space. not sure but sometimes looks like rombus shape (144x144). iron is purple biome. 

On 3/24/2017 at 7:26 PM, 656379_1452791410 said:

22 minutes ago, ShamPeiN said:

yes its working, try multipliers of 64 like 512. keep ratio too (2x3 w/h). starting area should be 70x70 anyway sharing wall with next biome. only time it was bigger when next biome had no space. not sure but sometimes looks like rombus shape (144x144). iron is purple biome. 

Yes it's still working, and it's still being worked on!
I just finished up re-writing all so it uses an external file for settings, this means NO re-patching to change seed, world-size, debug, free camera. I'll merge it into the patcher tomorrow and release it. That together with a few other changes (remembering path of the Assembly-CSharp.dll) and other QoL changes.

6 hours ago, Ablationer said:

I seem to have a problem with the patcher. Whenever I browse and select the folder for the game, I get this error.

4 hours ago, 656379_1452791410 said:

Exactly the same for me.:D

My apologies, seems the zip file contained only the .exe and not the necessary files. I re-uploaded it. Re-download OnionPatch and try again. Once again I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

As far i can tell the time i can scroll to the side, i think i have a bigger map. :D So for me even if i'm not that technicaly understanding girl, your "guide" in the first post is enough for me to understand it, how i have to edit the file. The last version with the extra menu was a bit more shiny and easier to understand but if this way is easier for you and the most user understand it dont change it.;)

On 2017-05-01 at 4:57 AM, Eep said:

I tried the default settings (seed 404 and map size 256x384) but after playing for maybe 50 cycles, the game starts to lag as I describe here:

Do you get the same behavior without OnionPatcher?

5 hours ago, Moonkis said:

Do you get the same behavior without OnionPatcher?

Yes but not as severe. It's all explained in the other thread so please reply there as I'd rather not duplicate it here. I just replied here to direct attention there.

Archived