Illness not in the game?

So something I was wondering about just now:

Did any of your Dupes get ill, yet? Mine are almost constantly exposed to contaminated air and water while digging but they still remain healthy.

No showers, no hand sanitizers ( still haven't found the material for it).

Did they take out the illnes mechanic for the alpha test or is the chance of getting ill just insanely low?

I was wondering the same thing.  Out of ignorance I placed a compost pile almost directly in the center of the base, so there's toxic air floating around everywhere now.

It seems like that the toxic air, coupled with the fact that they're constantly suffocating and starving should have made some sick by now.

One of mine got Trench Stench. Lasted for 1.4 cycles and made him stand there looking like a zombie once in awhile and give off foul fumes that made people near him sick.  Other than that one time my dupes have been living like pigs and been perfectly fine.

One of my dupes had something called "spores" I think. Lasted for about 4 cycles. There was no cure, it just had to go away. Said she got it from walking through contaminated water. But that's all I've seen. I'm on my second colony and both have gone through about 15-20 cycles with only one illness.

Archived