Moonkis

[HOWTO] Enabling debug-commands

Eep    7

Doesn't seem to work since the thermal upgrade for me.

Hotbread100    0

im trying to understand the debug controls but i have no idea how i would spawn or place oxygen and or algae can anyone help me?

Kasuha    482
53 minutes ago, Hotbread100 said:

im trying to understand the debug controls but i have no idea how i would spawn or place oxygen and or algae can anyone help me?

When you enter the debug mode (pressing backspace after enabling debug), the cell painter window will appear in the upper right corner. Just select the element (algae or oxygen or whatever), click the Paint button and use the mouse cursor to paint blocks or individual tiles with the element. You can set the amount or temperature with the tool as well.

Hotbread100    0
12 hours ago, Kasuha said:

When you enter the debug mode (pressing backspace after enabling debug), the cell painter window will appear in the upper right corner. Just select the element (algae or oxygen or whatever), click the Paint button and use the mouse cursor to paint blocks or individual tiles with the element. You can set the amount or temperature with the tool as well.

i already tried to do that nothing was working unless you can't be paused to use it

Moggles    84
10 minutes ago, Hotbread100 said:

i already tried to do that nothing was working unless you can't be paused to use it

Some commands do require the game to be playing before they execute.

Hotbread100    0
Just now, Moggles said:

Some commands do require the game to be playing before they execute.

is that one of them? i'll try it out but i'm on cycle 26 and things are finally starting to go south and its my first game play!

rezecib    3,084
38 minutes ago, Hotbread100 said:

is that one of them?

Yes, painting requires you to unpause briefly before it takes effect.

Kasuha    482
2 hours ago, Hotbread100 said:

unless you can't be paused to use it

You can paint while paused but the result will only appear after you unpause.

Risu    221
28 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

You can paint while paused but the result will only appear after you unpause.

Or press DebugSimStep a few times.

Ted n Emily    6

The backspace key opens up the cell painter for me, the first time you do it, it takes about 15 seconds to activate, then you can see the whole world and paint cells to what ever ya like.   That and the ALT F4 (instant build) key are really the only ones I  use in debug mode.  Ok, maybe the ALT F2 key to rescue a dup from death as well.

mf99k    274
Posted (edited)

anyone know how to put mobs in? I figured out how to paint minerals and gasses and stuff but I need to spawn some seeds

Edit: crap actually how might I respawn the printing pod I deleted it by accident

Edited by mf99k

careo    0

Does anyone know where to place the file for the Mac version, or are they even available in that version? My best guess is either "OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/Resources/Data", or "OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed".

So far I've littered the contents of my OxygenNotIncluded.app with "debug_enable" and "debug_enable.txt" files in just about every directory, but nothing's getting them enabled.

Moonkis    127
41 minutes ago, careo said:

Does anyone know where to place the file for the Mac version, or are they even available in that version? My best guess is either "OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/Resources/Data", or "OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed".

So far I've littered the contents of my OxygenNotIncluded.app with "debug_enable" and "debug_enable.txt" files in just about every directory, but nothing's getting them enabled.

That is very weird, it's literally just a File.Exists check - nothing fancy!

careo    0
1 minute ago, Moonkis said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't end up looking somewhere that's either truly bizarre or is just simply impossible. Unity can be really... interesting... with paths across platforms.

Galaxy001    0
On 26/08/2017 at 2:07 AM, Moonkis said:

I tried on both Windows and Mac, put the blank file "debug_enable.txt" next to "resources.assets" and it works on Windows with Backspace.

However on Mac, there is no Backspace key. Both delete and Fn+delete do not work.

Will the game change to accept delete key on Mac ?

AlexRou    183
1 hour ago, Galaxy001 said:

I tried on both Windows and Mac, put the blank file "debug_enable.txt" next to "resources.assets" and it works on Windows with Backspace.

However on Mac, there is no Backspace key. Both delete and Fn+delete do not work.

Will the game change to accept delete key on Mac ?

If you did it right you can open the controls screen to see/change the shortcuts for debug mode.

Galaxy001    0
On 12/09/2017 at 10:40 PM, AlexRou said:

If you did it right you can open the controls screen to see/change the shortcuts for debug mode.

I can see the "Debug" tab for shortcut settings. However, whatever I set the key, it just not work in game.

I tried with '\' and 'Shift+\'. And the Mac delete key is identified Backspace key there.

So, there might be a bug that the Mac version cannot switch to debug mode.

If it isn't working for you turn of steam synchronization. Just right click the game on steam the browse around properties and you will find it!