[HOWTO] Enabling debug-commands

I haven't seen anyone post any information about this, so I thought I ought to make a post about it. For some reason the default "Backspace" doesn't enable debug-commands (is it just me?) but you can force the game to make all the commands available. This can easily be done by just creating a simple (empty) text-file inside the " OxygenNotIncluded_Data"-folder which is located at the root of the game-folder. The text-file needs to be named:

debug_enable.txt

Note: The ".txt" is the extension! The filename should be "debug_enable".

This allows you to use Debug-commands (A restart of the game is necessary). This is very useful for screen-shot purposes as you can disable all hud by pressing ALT + F1 in-game or unlock the camera so you can zoom further out. The Control-submenu is full of the commands, but please note that SOME of these commands will crash the game or just not work (Removing FogOfWar for example doesn't seem to work).

2 hours ago, Mara1681 said:

I put it to all sub-folders and it works in someone... I think it's the OxygenNotIncluded_Data, which should contain this file.

EDIT: If I will find out how to open some debug menu, then please write it down... thank you. ^.^

Yes, I was hasty to write this down, but you are right, it's suppose to be placed inside " OxygenNotIncluded_Data" folder. Thanks, I updated the OP.

5 hours ago, Mara1681 said:

I put it to all sub-folders and it works in someone... I think it's the OxygenNotIncluded_Data, which should contain this file.

EDIT: If I will find out how to open some debug menu, then please write it down... thank you. ^.^

Yeah, it might be possible to patch it with some IL-magic to make most of them work...maybe... I was quite bummed that removing FogOfWar didn't work :/

13 hours ago, Radje said:

Does any of you know if it's possible to spawn creatures? I can't seem to find out.

I haven't found a way to spawn creatures but in the mobs.yaml you can change the weight with which creatures get spawned in the beginning.

It's somewhere under managed files.

Here's the list of controls:

DebugToggle            		Backspace
ToggleProfiler            	Backquote/Tilde
DebugPaintForceFlower       AlphaO

DebugVisualTest         	SHIFT + F1
DebugGameplayTest        	SHIFT + F2
DebugElementTest        	SHIFT + F3
DebugRiverTest            	SHIFT + F4
DebugTileTest            	SHIFT + F5

DebugSelectMalerlia!        CTRL + 5
DebugToggleMusic        	CTRL + M
DebugFocus            		CTRL + T
DebugUltraTestMode        	CTRL + U
DebugSpawnMinion        	CTRL + F2
DebugPlace            		CTRL + F3
DebugInstantBuildMode       CTRL + F4
DebugShowTestMode        	CTRL + F5
DebugDig            		CTRL + F6
DebugExplosion            	CTRL + F8
DebugDiscoverAllElements    CTRL + F9
DebugTriggerException       CTRL + F12

DebugRefreshNavDell        	ALT + N
DebugTeleport            	ALT + O
DebugGotoTarget            	ALT + O
DebugToggleSelectInEditor   ALT + T
DebugPathFinding        	ALT + P
DebugReloadMods            	ALT + M
DebugReloadLevel        	ALT + L
DebugSuperSpeed            	ALT + Z
DebugNotification        	ALT + X
DebugNotificationMessage    ALT + C
DebugToggleUI            	ALT + F1
DebugCollectGarbage        	ALT + F3
DebugInvincible            	ALT + F7
DebugApplyHighAudioReverb   ALT + F8
DebugApplyLowAudioReverb    ALT + F9
DebugForceLightEverywhere   ALT + F10
DebugCellInfo            	ALT + F11

Start after adding debug_enable.txt file, then press backspace to open the debug options. 

@Doudomida @Mr.Mistyi I had this same problem. The way I fixed it was by doing the following:

Delete the current debug_enable.txt you have
Open Notepad

Save-as inside notepad

navigate to where the debug_enable.txt should be (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data) in the notepad save-as menu

Delete the .txt part off of the save as title, it should read "debug_enable"

Make sure "save as text file" is selected.

Hit save

Should work now!

EDIT:

The problem for me was that I used File Explorer to create the empty .txt file, but for some reason the game doesn't respect it when its made like that. When I made a new text file in notepad it worked.

On 2/17/2017 at 1:59 AM, Moonkis said:

I haven't seen anyone post any information about this, so I thought I ought to make a post about it. For some reason the default "Backspace" doesn't enable debug-commands (is it just me?) but you can force the game to make all the commands available. This can easily be done by just creating a simple (empty) text-file inside the " OxygenNotIncluded_Data"-folder which is located at the root of the game-folder. The text-file needs to be named:

debug_enable.txt

Note: The ".txt" is the extension! The filename should be "debug_enable".

This allows you to use Debug-commands (A restart of the game is necessary). This is very useful for screen-shot purposes as you can disable all hud by pressing ALT + F1 in-game or unlock the camera so you can zoom further out. The Control-submenu is full of the commands, but please note that SOME of these commands will crash the game or just not work (Removing FogOfWar for example doesn't seem to work).

Thanks for posting that, I was wondering how to do that, I will give it a try !:)

Archived