[Game Update] - Heart of the Ruins Preview (BETA 206679)

omg guys

I just realized something super duper amaze

Heart of the Ruins

The abbreviation

HotR

Hotter

And what is it that you say when someone is getting closer to something?

You know, the game of hot and cold.

THIS IS THE GREATEST DISCOVERY

Yep, the wait is driving me insane. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, 1v0 said:

I don't care about the gender at all too when I started with gaming that didn't matter if there are no males or females in a game no one made a big deal out of it , if there were males and females no one cared about it ... so I really don't get all this gender stuff that has been happening lately everywhere in every game ... but that's for another topic ...

The antlion well I hoped that it will be like world wide strom and you will actually need the glasses to see (make your suvival easier) and it comes and goes from time to time not non-stop ... but oh well its only in one desert if you don't go there no big deal - the sink  holes might happen while you are out of the camp and you will lose nothing (not to mention if you are just in caves like I do every summer) the teleporter is nice thou that's the only reason to battle the sand storm but apart from that .... meh ... and when the oasis is very often at the start of the desert (small desert in a huge world (not large I aways play on huge map) the storm is meh ... so I get the disappointment ... But I have to admit that summer is now better than before it's still not worth it staying surface all summer but maybe for some days just to get the teleporter , yea . It just need something more to it ... and not only 1-2 mobs ... more than that ...

Just take for example winter this season is even better not only you have to go to the walruses for walking cane / defend base from deerclops now you also need to search for the deers if you want to have the keys for claus . Best season so far (for me) . I aways play with winter set to long - more time to do everything

I never implied some gender related issues.... what I said was that it's not relevant to me if the Antlion is female or male... cuz my disappointment doesn't have to do with the gender of the creature, but with the mechanic... idk... it's like if a woman slightly mentions female or male and somehow the conversation turns into a gender related issue.. which is not in my case... I guess it's the product of Anita Sarkeesian's campaign (which is so over the top and full of lies btw... etc... don't wanna go there actually)

and you actually proved my point... it's not worth it staying in the surface cuz exploring the caves in summer is perfect and more fun than waiting for the sand storm or fishing, giving trinkets, evading caveholes etc.. Staying in the surface it's maybe something you'll do for a "couple of days" as you mentioned... so you'll get the teleporter, etc...

so yeap... last update was overall a disappointment to me... the graphical effect of the sand storm is very pretty, but all in all it just wasn't what I was expecting... that's my opinion on the topic...

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

Actually I'm pretty sure I've heard characters call the Antlion both male _and_ female, depending on the character...so...I've decided the Antlion is either non-binary or the characters have no idea what they're talking about. At any rate, Its Royal Pissiness is now a "they", for me.  Heh.

Not that this is important at all, just mentioning...I don't think the game definitively says either way.

The thing that _is_ important is just how greedy, insecure and mental THEY are!  : P  Also...

Spoiler

pigkingsinkholes.png

PROOF that the Antlion _is_ trying to take out their rival monarch, the Pig King!  You're up next, Bee Queen...

(or I saw the ground shaking, was in the area, and ran around him on purpose to get the holes to appear there; whichever.)

...Notorious

• Like 4

Yeah...seriously, I was amazed that it made FIVE sinkholes the last time.  I guess its rage increases over the summer--first it was only 3, then it was 4, and then, the last time before it turned autumn, _five_ god damn sinkholes.

Sorry, Bugcat, I can't go around making super-long trips allllll the way up the map every time you start feeling a little unappreciated!  That would take, like, most of the summer.  And nothing would get done.

...which is why people make secondary bases at the oasis, I get that. Didn't have enough materials for it, though.  (It might be fun to make an oasis base on my _other_ map. That's the one where the birch trees spawned a very confused catcoon den.  So it'd be KITTIES ALL SUMMER LONG.  :D)

...Notorious

10 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I was a joke...

Ey, it's not that bad. It means that your parents are probably nice, funny people that like making jokes :^)
Same goes with you, I guess.

Edited by Maslak
Grammar, eh
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, SandvichSpy said:

Wasn't Woodrow just the sound files for Wx-78?

Woodrow's sound files were identical to WX, but they weren't WX's

Recently *their* name has been added to ONI

All the DS characters and Woodrow, a very possible addition. You be the judge.

5 minutes ago, AFatCat said:

Woodrow's sound files were identical to WX, but they weren't WX's

Recently *their* name has been added to ONI

All the DS characters and Woodrow, a very possible addition. You be the judge.

Maybe Woodrow is a puppet sent and controlled by Charlie! To see how the group (mostly Maxwell) are doing.Or he is a living scarecrow... Who knows.

Just now, JimmyJam said:

Maybe Woodrow is a puppet sent and controlled by Charlie! To see how the group (mostly Maxwell) are doing.Or he is a living scarecrow... Who knows.

Actually, looking at the Preview again, your first idea might not be wrong. Lost secrets await in the Heart of the Ruins. Lost secrets = Unimplemented content? Perhaps Woodrow is there. Maybe a captive like Wes?

3 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Whenever someone says Woodrow I can't help but imagine a line of logs...

Nawh man, it's Woodlegs' brother, Woodrow. No legs, he just sits on his boat and paddles across land. Y'know, some call him Whitebeard. Those in the know call him Wallace.

16 minutes ago, AFatCat said:

Nawh man, it's Woodlegs' brother, Woodrow. No legs, he just sits on his boat and paddles across land. Y'know, some call him Whitebeard. Those in the know call him Wallace.

So you think Wallace might come in? Might be interesting having a Scottish man in the game.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2017 at 9:36 PM, ScottHansen said:

Nope. Retrofitting the new content will be fully supported, and no waiting a few extra days this time.

This is great. I was waiting to start a new world but wanted the betas and updates to be complete first. So if I make a world now I'm set on all content until a new reign is complete? Also I'm curious if this last update will touch upon the lure you guys alluded to when you first started the updates. Can we fight Charlie?

Antlion Rule 34:  Well, in this case it hardly matters...because we can't SEE all of the Antlion, anyway!  The entire bottom half of its body is buried in the sand!

(Therefore I guess it could be whatever type(s?) of genitals you think it is...?)

My personal headcanon is already kinda gender-bendy anyway, since Wigfrid calls it a girl and my "guess" as to why the Antlion is so upset is that it recently had a bad breakup with the Dragonfly...it got half the desert and only gets to see the lavae on weekends.  That's why it keeps trying to make the ground eat us. 

(dramatic...hand analogue on the forehead gesture, sobbing voice) "NOBODY UNDERSTANDS MY PAIN!!  MY LIFE IS OVER!  GO AWAY!"

"...UNLESS YOU WANNA GIVE ME STUFF!"

;)

And then it binges on chocolate ice cream rocks while watching its favourite soap operas...and kills you if you don't bring the snack supplies fast enough.

: P

...Notorious

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DatShadowJK said:

(I did some editing on that one)
Its called console..

I was gonna say...I don't remember saying that...(the "Adventure Mode in Shipwrecked"! part-- since it only did the ONE level of "quote"...also...there already IS Adventure Mode in Shipwrecked!  Because it's part of the singleplayer game!  : P)

The console.  Totally does NOT count.  That's just flat out wish-fulfillment have it all immediately with no work cheating.  (Unless you're using it for purely aesthetic/experimental reasons, and not to actually make your game easier.)  AND, even if you make things from Adventure Mode and/or Shipwrecked appear, the game mechanics that make them _work_ properly won't be there, unless you're an expert hacker/programmer...

Also, people from right here on these forums are making a mod for putting Shipwrecked-esque stuff into Don't Starve Together, right now!  Yay.

(I'm going to assume you were kidding, but MAAAAAAN, did you make my post--and me--sound stupid and _shallow_ with that.  And like the solution was just (snaps fingers!) nothing.  You don't need to make people sound dumb by misquoting them--there's plenty of REAL stupid in the world already! : P)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
I hate when I accidentally send something too early and say only part of a sentence...