[Game Update] - Heart of the Ruins Preview (BETA 206679)

I was gonna say, for the Odd Skeleton to be a boss, it seemed kind of small. I feel like the shadow around the bones will give it some more size. 

The horns still bother me though, perhaps this is one of the forms it's referring to? Dunno.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 5

What I'm wondering abaut is the "atrium of the ruins". As far as I know there isn't such a biome, so will we get a new ruins biome? Or some kind of new buildings? 

An atrium could be perfect for a new boss (or just simply a new mob, who knows?), especially since I connect the word "atrium" with the roman buildings (as they usually had atriums), and these are quite ancient and ruins now...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GDK7 said:

It's necessary to start a new world?

With the power of the Death Note, I will become god and create a new world...

I would so love if DST, with this addition of the ruins beast, felt a bit like Death Note. I mean, the thing literally looks like a frikkin' shinigami! Just look at it:

13 hours ago, spiderdian said:

Thanks to @Chris1488 for the pic

72e4c1f4ac1b43bfa1015460f6174ef1.png

Who wouldn't think of Ryuk when seeing that smuggly face and terrifying body?! Now this, THIS is what I like! Lets just hope it isn't something that isn't consequential. Imagine if in some form, the place where you would need to resurrect this thing was guarded by the Ancient Guardian!

• Like 2

Atrium of ruins probably refers to the  "Heart of the Ruins". Judging from Maxwell's quotes about different states of Thulecite Medallion, this might be the source of the nightmare cycle.

1 minute ago, Myself49 said:

Maybe they are removing the Ancient Guardian altogether with this guy so you can resurrect it pretty much whenever and each time you do the fight will be different?

I mean, he looks more like a minotaur than the ancient guardian does.

Perhaps, a rework into full fledged raid boss?

Edited by Radax3
No reason to Double post.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Myself49 said:

Maybe they are removing the Ancient Guardian altogether with this guy so you can resurrect it pretty much whenever and each time you do the fight will be different?

I mean, he looks more like a minotaur than the ancient guardian does.

I don't think so. That would clash with the existing canon and would ruin (badum-screech) the Single Player game.

I would guess a rework of the caves that will be in line with one of the old updates/rework of the caves where in the more you go deeper into the caves, the harder it will be... it showed cave entrances on the fringe of the caves and an exceedingly harsher biome being mapped towards the center... which now I guess would be called the atrium... the heart of the the caves... the ruins... even deeper than that... the source of the nightmare fuel that corrupted the ancient civilization and even the guardian itself... this is getting juicy... O__O

• Like 7

The poster refers to it as "Ancient Beast" and we already have an "Ancient Guardian". 

Whether there is a correlation or simply two unrelated old beings is up for debate as of now. Intriguing.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 2

You can find multiple fossils that could make up more than 1 of these "Ancient Beasts"...

It begs the question, "How many Ancient Beasts are there?" And if so... how are they related to the Ancient Civilization?

*H.P. Lovecraft scratches his bum in his grave*

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Deadbyte said:

I hope that we won't need to restart our worlds to enjoy the new update.

We won't!

15 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Nope. Retrofitting the new content will be fully supported, and no waiting a few extra days this time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Asparagus said:

And if so... how are they related to the Ancient Civilization?

The Beast was maybe its Dictator? And the Ancient civillization rioted, died, and wrecked it to pieces?

(Insert Fanfic here :wilson_evil:)

Edited by DatShadowJK

20 minutes ago, DatShadowJK said:

I Summon @Pyromailmann

Please stop summoning me because of my title. I know it's not a standard member title but still it doesn't mean "mention me because title".

I may get back into DST eventually though Idk, just to stay on topic, can't wait to be completley clueless in a game again.

Edited by Pyromailmann
staying on topic.
  • Like 2

Wait a minute... in the previous posters the number of roses corresponded with the number of the update (Update #1 had no roses, #2 had one, #3 had two, you get the gist). So this, being 8th update, should have 7 roses. However, I can count 14 of them. Even if we count holiday updates, this one is only 12th, so the poster still has a bit too many roses.

Artistic choice or a hidden deeper meaning? You decide!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Zhuzha said:

Wait a minute... in the previous posters the number of roses corresponded with the number of the update (Update #1 had no roses, #2 had one, #3 had two, you get the gist). So this, being 8th update, should have 7 roses. However, I can count 14 of them. Even if we count holiday updates, this one is only 12th, so the poster still has a bit too many roses.

Artistic choice or a hidden deeper meaning? You decide!

I noticed that too. I believe it has 7 roses (as it was expected) but two times, as this is the grand finale. 7 roses on both sides. Charlie must like symmetry, and it seems she is prepairing something extra kind this time. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I believe it has 7 roses (as it was expected) but two times, as this is the grand finale. 7 roses on both sides.

Two pairs of 7 huh.

Well, Charlie has been known for having two personalities. The shadow and the normal or "comedy" and "tragedy". However you prefer to refer to them.

It could potentially have to do with that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3