Show Us Your Colony

13 hours ago, suicide commando said:

Replace te open spaces with gas permeable tiles, the airflow won't be impeded by those and your dupes will be able to run around a little faster that way.

Not greatly, actually. Except for the ladders above the polluted water tank. What adding the gas permeable tiles will do, though is give greater floor space for things like a few additional storage compactors if that were desirable.  If I were to make one suggestion, it would be to just replace those ration boxes with fridges. It would give a 33% increase in storage capacity for the same space as the ration boxes.

this is currently my biggest colony, i usually only get at most 30, but i wanted to try to see how big i could make one. i can only play on normal speed on this colony, any faster and most dupes stand still for like 10 sec with problems deciding what to do.

i have 3 water geysers just to make oxygen, not sure if its really needed, but i like some redundancy in case something happens, if all gather at one spot there is NO way to get in enough oxygen, as i noticed when i was using 2x speed and dupes gathered near my food production.  each water geyser producing oxygen is self powering so no extra power is going to them, they actually produce a bit more then is necessary to keep them running.

the entire base were actually powered by a single gas geyser and fertilizer makers running on the produced polluted water, but later i tapped into a 2nd gas geyser to get more polluted water for farming peppers.

heat is starting to become a bit of a concern even in main base, as i have no cooling on the oxygen i pump in, i have weezeworths to cool with and usually 1 per vent is enough, but lately it has kept rising. lucky that dupes seem to like temps around 30 degrees :p

on a sad note, 6 dupes have died on the name of progress... or in some cases, STUPIDITY! you CAN walk from that water, just decide on a direction, don't jump back and forth! ARGH!

Oxygen 91.png

oxygen 91 heat.png

20170818112938_1.thumb.jpg.e0038d16e7ec36e33e8666250bfccca6.jpg20170818112956_1.thumb.jpg.a17e3a189d0f818d90fb948fe33af763.jpg

recently revamped the wiring and dragged in 6 wheezeworts to make up for the battery and oxygen production heating.

i dont think ill be running out of water anytime soon.

i had to cheat twice by spoofing in more sand using the debug menu. the lava at the bottom of the map is wayy to far to reach and sorting through each and every container to disable storing clay or sandstone so that i can have it delivered is far to much annoying.

i already tackled that gas vent on the bottom as well as one about 200 clicks to the left - last 5 bases had no steam vents i hope this isnt a reacurring problem

id ask for improvement ideas to this base but the update is probably going to need me to start fresh :)/

Archived