Show Us Your Colony

I don't dig out nearly enough space for my duplicants, and I'm paranoid about letting any form of pollution into my base, so it all tends to end up a bit cramped...

cxnPYQG.jpg

See that 2x2 square of tiles in the middle? I've got 3 hatches on that square. Coal for days!

I also have a pack of 5 geysers (4 in a single bubble) directly above my base. If I'm lucky someday I will harness them as a resource, but I foolishly tried to access their bounty too early and at least for the moment they're threatening to drown us all in boiling water.

QL5KQ2M.jpg

On 30.03.2017 at 5:12 PM, aukingiii said:
Spoiler

This is what my first ever colony looked like, but I've made it much better since then. I'll post picture of it when I can.Screenshot_20170330-100423.png

The tasteful memorials placement right next to the beds is perfect. Nothing like waking in the morning, looking at them and thinking 'yup, why do I even bother to get up, I'll die too soon enough' :D

Spoiler

On 30.03.2017 at 3:06 PM, ime said:

i found 3 new puffs and upgraded farm

457140_screenshots_20170330003149_1.jpg

Wow, this farm looks really cool. Up until now I didn't realize that those three creatures together create a perfect production chain for coal. And no additonal resources needed. The only question is how did you manage to put them all together in such a small place !? :)

9 hours ago, Shade84 said:
  Hide contents

Wow, this farm looks really cool. Up until now I didn't realize that those three creatures together create a perfect production chain for coal. And no additonal resources needed. The only question is how did you manage to put them all together in such a small place !? :)

2 hours ago, Firestronk said:

C4D40DA30B5CA5532CD771038B5632E462B3A9E3

My current colony so far, just bought the game and currently like an hour in. Having trouble with oxygen production sadly and I am just chewing through algae.

Looking good for a new starter :) 

Couple of quick tips :

Don't go too overboard on early oxygen production - there's normally a few blocks of "oxylite" (there's some next to your pure water at the north-west) which pumps out oxygen if you expose it - I normally milk those until well into cycle 40-50 (you might want to reinforce yours though as when it finishes pumping out it's mass, it vanishes...you're in for a bath soon!).

Also, be careful when you dig into large open spaces - especially if they're full of gasses you don't want. To your north-east is that huge vacuum, and when you open it - it will need to be pressurized - meaning all your sweet oxygen gets spread pretty thinly :) 

Other than that - keep making mistakes, die a few times - it's the best way to learn :D

21 hours ago, heckubis said:

28BDBD59D90C132A489F89377DE6E7EF1BC02FB82 fresh water geysers 1 po2 geyser a newly tapped void. hydrogen bubbler and sitting easy at 900k food/24kfert. hmmm I think I need more dupes

I'd love to see a hi-res pic of this by the way, might make some good wall art...

12 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

I'd love to see a hi-res pic of this by the way, might make some good wall art...

will do the base has gotten a little bigger with a sub base near the bottom geyser and void. don't build one base, build facilities your base is the hole of the asteroid

Archived