Oxygen Not Included Pre-Release Alpha - Available Now!

I'm not smart enough for this complex game, I think, but I enjoy playing it for the first few cycles (before dying terribly lol). Thanks Klei! 

Maybe if you have extra time near the end (yeah right lol), you can add an Easy Mode for people like me. :?

On 3/17/2017 at 5:17 PM, Pandaxclone2 said:

Three questions regarding final release of Oxygen Not Included:

1. Will there be a DRM free release when or a little after the final release is pushed out? Think GOG.com game releases.
  2. If the first is true, would alpha purchasers be allowed to get this DRM free release or would it have to be purchased seperately?
  3. If the first is false, would the Steam version at least be playable without requiring Steam to be online? i.e. Offline Mode.

I hope that there will be a DRM free release someday, but that's up to your discretion.

The only one of these I can answer is that the current Steam version is definitely playable in offline mode.

If I purchase this on steam, and not just play it for free. What are the odds, or is it possible that I would be charged more money later. This was stated in the EULA agreement:  You do not have to pay to play the Game, though we reserve the right to charge fees to play the Game in the future.

If you wish to obtain a product or service through or in connection with the Game that requires you to pay a fee, you will pay all applicable fees by credit card or a third-party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions (“EPPs”). You irrevocably authorize us, as necessary, to instruct EPPs to process your payments, and you irrevocably agree that we may give such instructions on your behalf in accordance with your requests as submitted using the relevant Game features. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use of each applicable EPP; if there is a conflict between this Agreement and the EPP’s terms and conditions, this Agreement will prevail.

Essentially what I am asking is, if I pay to play am I subject to be charged again.

PS. I am a weirdo as most people don't actually read these Agreements, but this question is the reason why I do read them.

On 4/1/2017 at 3:52 PM, TheUnknownSpecimen said:

If I purchase this on steam, and not just play it for free. What are the odds, or is it possible that I would be charged more money later. This was stated in the EULA agreement:  You do not have to pay to play the Game, though we reserve the right to charge fees to play the Game in the future.

If you wish to obtain a product or service through or in connection with the Game that requires you to pay a fee, you will pay all applicable fees by credit card or a third-party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions (“EPPs”). You irrevocably authorize us, as necessary, to instruct EPPs to process your payments, and you irrevocably agree that we may give such instructions on your behalf in accordance with your requests as submitted using the relevant Game features. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use of each applicable EPP; if there is a conflict between this Agreement and the EPP’s terms and conditions, this Agreement will prevail.

Essentially what I am asking is, if I pay to play am I subject to be charged again.

PS. I am a weirdo as most people don't actually read these Agreements, but this question is the reason why I do read them.

Wait so we could be charged later even if we bought it in alpha??

On 4/14/2017 at 0:00 PM, Executive_Lurker said:

Wait so we could be charged later even if we bought it in alpha??

No, they have not said that you can be charged again directly, though I wanted to make sure that I was correct in assuming that we cannot. It was a question I had, and I wanted them to clear it up. I will probably post again when I finally get an answer.

The chunk from the EULA statement basically says that you can play for free, but they reserve the right to charge fees. I just wanted to clear up whether they still reserve that right or not when we purchase the alpha rather than play for free.

Archived