[Outdated] Klei/Slick Weekly Live Art Stream on Twitch!

JanH

• Developer

streamsmash014.jpg

@ImDaMisterL hey thanks! if there's one thing I know, it's avacado weapons.

@minespatch good strategy with that hat! and Dago's stats are alright, all he really does is stealth CONSTANTLY regardless of it being a good idea or not. It's pretty ridiculous. Your inked blindfold drawings and big Lobtaur sketch look super cool! Interesting take on my approach, I never really thought about other artists that tackle work like that, you gave me someone to research so thanks a bunch!

@Atkvin great stuff! That torch is a tricky one to cram in there. hope you figured something out! IF not we could hop on it on stream or something. great colors!

@reowwwwwww haha looks so good. another great job!

Last week we started on our Warly drawing and we'll be finishing it today hopefully! we had a pretty good time drawing a Lobtaur sea-mage and horsing around. This week we'll for sure be getting some DAWJ ball (draw along with jouste... ball) happening so we'll hopefully see you guys then!

-jouste the drawbarian

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, jouste said:

great stuff! That torch is a tricky one to cram in there. hope you figured something out! IF not we could hop on it on stream or something. great colors!

Ah, thanks so much! I finished it and posted it recently on another topic, but here's the end product! I admit I gave up on the bodies drafting them because it looked weird so they're just disembodied heads, though xd

59298f4120734_WerewolfDST.png.165d4412fd62c666be7349f5ffa283f7.png

• Like 5

I already inked the lobtaur but will post once I get all three scanned.

SAM_2555.JPGMachine gun wielding bi-pedal ox. I'm going to have fun cleaning this one up.

SAM_2556.JPGExploding jackrabbit. Kept hearing something about nails, so this came out weird.

machine gun wielding bipedal ox.png

Finished blindfolded Bipedal Ox. HAs some 90s Rob Liefeld esque notches in his armor and a bowling bag for some reason.

Exploding poof rabbit.png

Blindfolded exploding Jack rabbit. His hair went poof and the nail became a assassins Dagger.

lobtaur mage.png

Finally the Lobtaur. Tried to finish it and it came out wildly different from the pencils.

• Like 5

• Developer

streamsmash015.jpg

@Atkvin looks fine without the bodies! really neat coloring style, really soft. well done!

@reowwwwwww just an amazing banana spider. great work!

@minespatch cool stuff! my fave is the jackrabbit, so vicious looking! And really interesting on the Lobtaur with the inking pass!

Hey guys! so we wrapped up our Warly cook off last week! It was a lot of fun, we got into some great talks and had a good time catching up with everyone! be sure to come on by today for even more searing art tips and more drawing! the Warly drawing tweet is right here.

-jouste the drawbarian

• Like 12

SAM_2590.JPG

Here's what I use for my blindfold. So due to how my laptop having trouble with Twitch, it took me two days to finished the first part. Had to try a bit of it at the library yesterday.

SAM_2594.JPG

Really glad I managed to get the warm up drawing Jouste did finished. IT was a intense tutorial. I swear, Jouste i so fast, he's like a hyperactive Bob Ross. Man, I have to keep screencapturing just to get the details and lessons down pat.

I showed my father a bit of the stream and he asked me if I was going to draw Timon on the warthog's snout. Here's my reaction:

um.png

SAM_2596.JPGSAM_2592.JPG

Blindfolded drawings.

SAM_2595.JPG

This was based on a warm up sketch he did. I'll finish this one along with the others.

• Like 7

• Developer

streamsmash016.jpg

@minespatch excellent blindfold! you really get a lot of things drawn every week! Awesome stuff! I find it really interesting seeing your take on the warm up sketches as well!

@reowwwwwww cool stuff!  The Jaws comp works super well. And your super fox is super cool! The scoops are great, be sure to tackle them in whatever way works for you. the shading might be too 50/50? but its a great pose and I love the chicken.

@ImDaMisterL Dang! well thanks for stopping by here anyways, always good to hear from you.

Hey Guys!

We got our ONI fan art done up last week and this week we'll be diving into some Don't Starve fan stuff again! Here's the image of that super hungry dupe and I hope to see you guys in the stream again for some more searing hot art tips! It's gonna be a good time!

• Like 7

SAM_2609.JPG

Finally! Got the cat-tyranusaursfish done! Took me three days due to library having only a short amount of time but great streaming service.

SAM_2610.JPG

Decided to try to study your practice Weaver sketches. They were really interesting but even the simpler drawing were really complex to study from. You're fast, amigo!

SAM_2613.JPG

Got a lil' sad when you were erasing your study sketch but oh well. You work on fast pacing and rhythym. I don't blame you.:wilson_ecstatic:

SAM_2611.JPG

Blindfold cat-tank

SAM_2612.JPG

And dress horse. Kind of looks like those skesies from Dark Crystal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Jouste Stream art:

tyrannus catfish.pngTyrannus cat fish.

skeledork stress of speed.pngStress over his quickness. :wilson_ecstatic:

not fuelweaver.pngOne of the fuelweaver tries that I quit on. Looks like a Silent Hill monster.

flying creature.pngAnother fuelweaver attempt.

blindfold kittentank.pngBlindfold kittentank.

blindfold dancehorse.pngBlindfold dancing horse. Was not as successful.

SAM_2617.JPGBlindfold mantis-burger.

SAM_2618.JPGBlindfold squirrel fisherman(I'm so sorry how your blindfold drawing turned out:wilson_ecstatic:).

I'll be posting the cleaned versions next week.

• Like 3

Thanks for the techniques and configuration, Jouste! I'm using the pencil tool at 10px, eraser at 25px. Using the Clipping Mask (alt+click between layers) and the lasso tool for scoop shaded shadows. Using top-right lighting. Sketchpad is 2000x2500px @ 96ppi in color #cd7a50. :3

Can't touch that amazing pen control and speed, tho. Will keep practicing... Thanks for these streams.

2017-07-02_21-19-41.png

Edited by mikesmullin
better revision attached
  • Like 2

• Developer

streamsmash017.jpg

@minespatch Awesome! you really draw along the whole duration of the stream! That's super cool! It's really neat how you end up inking all your images. Thanks for the shout out on the forum game but I got no idea how I'm supposed to answer the question. I guess I'm fast because I wasn't very good to start so had to be something!

@mikesmullin Whoa! thanks for clipping those moments in the streams! You totally got he set up! just keep at it and best of luck! Thanks so much for posting!

Hey Guys! 

So we got our gnarly Fuel Weaver done up last week as well as a start on some toadstool action! Here's the tweet that the finished weaver is on and we are gonna try and finish the Toadstool drawing today as well as dole out the most searing hot art tips you've ever handled! Thanks again for stopping by and I'll see you guys soon!

• Like 6

Jesse's Stream Smash art show is live now on Twitch (4:00 PM PDT to 6:00 PM Pacific Time) 
https://www.twitch.tv/slickentertainmentinc

Jesse's drawing his take on Don't Starve Together's Toadstool, giving searing hot art tips, doing a draw-along sketch, as well as drawing blindfolded to close off the show!

Be sure to tune in, get your Twitch username drawn by Jesse, draw with us, and post your art on this thread!

• Like 2