[Outdated] Klei/Slick Weekly Live Art Stream on Twitch!

JanH

• Developer

streamsmash008.jpg

Hey Guys!

@minespatch Thanks! I agree. hopefully I'll wrap her up today!

@ImDaMisterL great! I LOVE old monster movie posters. thanks for the comment!

Last week we had some fun stuff drawing some Viking Squad fan art for our Easter update. We also had some searing hot art tips on shading and drew a surfer crab looking guy! Thanks so much for everyone stopping by and I'll hopefully see you today as we wrap up that Wendy picture!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

• Like 7

• Developer

streamsmash009.jpg

@minespatch yeah the nose on our flask merchant does look a lot like the beak of a plague doc. My favorite is when people think he's a penguin under there.

@ImDaMisterL what a twist! 

Hey Guys!

Yesterday we did up some fun character stuff and you guys had some really great questions about drawing and character approach as well as some palette stuff that I am always trying to get better at myself! We drew up a cool dual flame sword guy and wrapped up our Wendy fan art. You can grab a printable version of Wendy and Abigail right here if you want something for your fridge or locker. I had a blast so thanks everyone for stopping by!

-Jouste the Drawbarian

• Like 8

• Developer

streamsmash010.jpg

Hey guys!

We had a great art stream yesterday so thanks a bunch for dropping by! We tackled a beast at the beginning and talked a little bit about approaches to design and caught up with all of our awesome regulars. We moved onto a graphical approach to our Maxwell print and got some good thumbnails done up! Really looking forward to running into you guys next week!

also here's the tweet of "Klip" the clipped ear elf! he was inspired by last week's warm up sketch so you can check it out here

-jouste the drawbarian

• Like 8

• Developer

streamsmash011.jpg

@ImDaMisterL: haha looks great! yeah the Skrog is looking pretty boss!

@minespatch: thanks! hope that carried into the final!

Hey Guys!

Last week we had a great time doing up a magic boar and finishing off that Maxwell drawing. The full res is right here if you are interested. We also did our fir's DAWJ! (Draw along with jouste) and it was a total disaster! But heck it was a fun time anyways. thanks for stopping by and i'll hope to see you guys later on today. We'll be doing up some Oxygen Not Included fan art! Hooray!

-jouste the drawbarian

• Like 6

• Developer

streamsmash012.jpg

@thekrevfox Yes! excellent positronic brain, ray gun and catch phrase! Thanks so much for the post!

@reowwwwwww So much energy! great job and you really nailed the hair. crying over that spilled slurpee...

So that was a lot of fun! we got some fan art for Oxygen Not Included done up in the form of our Morbo-Lisa (click here for the high res!) we'll probably be tackling some more fan art today so be sure to drop in for those searing hot art tips!

We also had even more Ducks from this week's Draw Along with Jouste BALL! thanks everyone for those tweets!

@ragebarrage did a super aerial Duck, strong work pal!

DAWJ_01.jpg

@razzlev went for some sinister foreshortening with his duck!

DAWJ_02.jpg

Hope to see you guys later on today!

-jouste the drawbarian

• Like 6

SAM_2517.JPG

Couldn't find the duck and basilisk blind draw alongs but here's my blindfolded mole, gator, and warriorcado.

SAM_2518.JPGHe looks freaking creepy.

I'll get these done by sunday and post the finished versions here when they're fine tuned and inked.

• Like 3

• Developer

streamsmash013.jpg

@reowwwwwww hey great stuff! what a brand! You tend to really push poses well and approach things in an interesting way. thanks so much for sharing! Also thanks for the time coding for the events of the stream. We'll be DAWJ Balling next week for sure.

@minespatch great work! also I'm not responsible for any injuries sustained during the most dangerous style of drawing. I admire your bravery for the blindfolded drawing. Thanks for sharing!

Last tuesday we did up our "Down in the Dumps" ONI fan art! It's out in early access now so check it out because it's great. We tackled a basilisk type creature at the beginning of the stream as a warm up and we kept from dropping the pen width for some control practice. I really liked the effect and tackled my lunchtime DnD group's characters with the same soft approach. you can see an example below!

SP_DAGO_small.jpg

It's Dago, our Firbolg Ranger who is friend to the forest but confounded in an urban setting. I kept only one pen through this guy's creation and really liked the way it turned out. The player of Dago is fine with me sharing the piece inspired by his exploits.

Hope you guys had a good time  during that stream and we'll see you next week!

-jouste the drawbarian

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jouste said:
  1.  great work! also I'm not responsible for any injuries sustained during the most dangerous style of drawing. I admire your bravery for the blindfolded drawing. Thanks for sharing!
  2. SP_DAGO_small.jpgIt's Dago, our Firbolg Ranger who is friend to the forest but confounded in an urban setting.
  1. Closest thing I have to a blindfold is my hat, so I had to stretch it over my eyes.:wilson_ecstatic:I inked the drawings and intend to scan them either sunday or monday depending on if don;t collapse on sunday.
  2. How good is his stats?

SAM_2544.JPG

Sorry Jouste, you were way too fast for me this time. :wilson_ecstatic:

I didn't mean to lie. Lots of things piled up but I enjoyed what I did learn. I usually learn by fundamentals of design, shapes first, lines second. You went the Egon Schiele route, focusing on contours. If you want organic drawings done at a fast pace, that is a neat technique. A bit disorganized compared to what I'm used to but a interesting try nonetheless.

I'll try scanning the inked and digitalized version by the end of the week.

• Like 4