Silvercide's Thread of Theoretical Questions! Drama! Death! Explosions! Puppies! And nothing I said here except for the first thing!

Silvercide

I'd like to witness the first crusade. It had so much spectacular stuff going on in such a short time. Meteors, aurora, etc. And I'd like to learn more about the personality and history of the good men among the armies who sincerely went in good faith and took no more than what they were more or less forced to take, including the two leaders of one of the armies, Robert of Flanders and Robert of Normandy. The entire crusade may have not really been about religion at all, but those people have proven morale and willpower like many desperately need it these days and all days before.

...Sorry, I got a bit carried away.

8 hours ago, Silvercide said:

Keep in mind you can't change anything or the universe will implode or something like that

21 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

And maybe while I'm there, I'll convince some egyptians that I'm a god and get worshipped for a bit.

IMG_1529.GIF

8 hours ago, ~Matt said:

The liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau by the Red Army

Mind elaborating why you would like to witness the remains of something this horrid? I've heard some bad things about gold teeth and sending prisoners off to "gather berries", and the two-sided behaviour of the officers is extremely disgusting to me even after just a few examples by survivors. I, personally, am thankful I didn't get to see the end of those places, the beginning was horrid enough...

7 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Mind elaborating why you would like to witness the remains of something this horrid?

It's precisely that dreadfulness which appeals to me. Mind you, I wouldn't be going there to get any satisfaction out of myself, much like I don't look at Edvard Munch's Scream searching for beauty or pleasure. My intent is seeing an ugly, broken place still oozing of its own abomination. I am also aware that the liberating soldiers weren't by any means all that was good in the world, but that is part of the picture. Coming in direct contact with what is most horrific in our species isn't something I would like to do, but something I feel like I should do given the chance, provided I'm not the one committing atrocities.

Archived