It's been great.

WaddleDee

I suppose most of you would have noticed by now, but these days, I've grown distant from these forums (for reasons that some people know, and others probably don't. It's rather personal in nature.) The roleplay that I participated in, Wave After Wave, has ground to a halt. I haven't stepped foot in the Skype, Discord or interacted with most of the community at large for over a week, save for a brief period earlier today. A lot of what once tethered me here has faded away, and I find myself drifting further from the group every day.

It's certainly been a fun year with you guys. Being here in this community, I feel like I've almost become an entirely different person than before. My life really opened up - for the first time, I got to see that there was more to life than just rote schoolwork and mindless Internet-surfing. I've had so many laughs here, met so many kind and interesting people, and I got to play drinking games with people all across the world that I never would have met otherwise. I realized my potential for art, storytelling, and making really bad jokes. I wrote a fanfic shipping Dwer with an egg. I even got to fall in love for the very first time.

It's been a great year, all things considered. And it is with this all this in mind, and with a heavy heart, that I make my announcement - I am leaving the Klei community forums. I will also be leaving the Skype and Discord servers as well, however I will remain active on the latter (as well as on Steam) to anyone who has me added as a friend.

Will I be gone forever? I can't say. Maybe someday, I'll return. But I'm really gonna miss being here, and I'm gonna miss being a part of one of the most inclusive and charismatic communities on this side of the Internet.

@LiptonPee, @Mr.P, @Youknowwho, @Mezukie, @Zeklo, @Chris1488, @Paxtonnnn, @Pyromailmann, @DragonMage156, @Ysulyan, @DwerBomb, @GiddyGuy, @Mobbstar, @LadyD, @Battal, @AnonymousKoala - I won't ever forget any of you. You guys really, honestly are the best. May you all have success in whatever you do in life, no matter what that ends up being. And to everyone I haven't mentioned here, or that I unfortunately never got to know very well - thank you so much for being a part of this wonderful community, and for helping to make it what it is today.

...Well, that's all I can think of to say, so I guess it really is time to say goodbye.

See you all soon.

~Waddle Dee

Alas, it did appear to be a matter of time. I'm quite happy you decided to give a proper farewell, and not just fade away with the silence. You always had that air about you that just made socializing easier. You'll certainly be missed, and without a doubt be unreplaceable.

It would appear in my attempt to not make this a really quirky farewell, I have converted it into an awkward more formal farewell, so I'll just add this little ramble bit at the end to slice that tone. Might as well say it, because it'll be the last one that you get to hear from me:

Fair whales, and good luck.

Best girlfriend ive ever had, only girlfriend ive ever had

im not going to say a lot for reps or a big pretty post, you already know pretty much everything about me and what i have to say already

swing by again and visit us one day, ill always be here to welcome you no matter what happens/happened

Why does everybody leave.

:wilson_cry:
Waddle. My dearest little waddle. Oh how it is to share a D (dee). I do adore all the moments we have had and wish we had had some more! 

I will miss you my dearest, take care of yourself and I hope one day you will come back- be it 6 months, a year, 3 years... whenever you need us we will be here for you. Friends online always. 

I'm sad to see you go but as you told me over the last few weeks I suppose it's for the better.

But who knows maybe one day you'll return. I thought I would never come back after I got majorly burned out on DS and DST yet here I am and not feeling like leaving anytime soon.

Still won't stop me from making stupid jokes with you whenever I have a good one in store ha.

Archived