Really Klei?

Hey there Klei

I would like to ask some stuffs and make a suggestion.

Why you guys have abandoned Don't Starve?  Don't Starve have a lot of fps problems compared to Don't Starve Together, lots of bugs, and things that Don't Starve Together have that  Don't Starve does not have. Is it really hard to add stuff from Togheter to Don't Starve? Or maybe you guys could give a option for the solo players in Don't Starve Together that sets the enemys health values for a solo player, and if you don't want to loose money and want people to buy Don't Starve, make this option that i've just said only for the people that bought the single player version of Don't Starve.

I love your work, you guys are a really good company but this does not mean you guys are perfect. I'm not here to make you look bad or anything, its the opossite of that, I want to show what you guys did wrong and how to correct it so that we consumers can have a better experience. Peace

You are singin' my song, friend.  Oh, the NUMBER of things from Together I so, so wish Don't Starve singleplayer had.  Juicy berry bushes, twiggy trees, petrified trees, grass geckos, meteors.  Continuing to gather while your cursor "hand" is full.  Hitting space by a tooth trap resets it instead of picks it up.  BEEFALO TAMING, which seems way more _made_ for singleplayer!  GATES.  Randomised seasons that make more sense. 

I'm okay with singleplayer missing the fancier/more recent stuff such as pets and holidays, but I see absolutely no lore reason why regular Don't Starve can't have the _basic_ improvements/additions of Together, the older stuff.  Can't we have resource variation?  And little control tweaks that make _big_ quality-of-life differences?  Pleeeaaassee?   

In the meantime, I've actually resorted to looking for mods that bring over Together-only stuff to singleplayer.  If that's what it takes, well, that's what it takes.  Unfortunately I haven't yet found mods for the _basic_ stuff, but if you look on the Steam workshop you can find singleplayer pets, gates, mushroom farming, meteors and even the Toadstool!   It's a start, at least.

And as for Together, there's already a mod that will adjust the HP of bosses to the number of players on the server--so yes, you can have the Dragonfly at her singleplayer strength again! if you want to play Together for the newer content but not the "Together" part.  I myself quite often end up playing alone in Together by random happenstance, so I totally see the use of something like that.

...Notorious

On 1/29/2017 at 11:36 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

And as for Together, there's already a mod that will adjust the HP of bosses to the number of players on the server--so yes, you can have the Dragonfly at her singleplayer strength again! if you want to play Together for the newer content but not the "Together" part.  I myself quite often end up playing alone in Together by random happenstance, so I totally see the use of something like that.

Where can I find this

10 hours ago, Destros09 said:

Where can I find this

The bosses can be neutered with this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436164138 or https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=494699184&searchtext=tweak+tool (this one is very modular). The question is, why if you can solo them all, essentially and then brag about your prowess?

Archived