Captain Rage's creative knick-knackery

Hello there, Don't Starve enthusiasts! If I happen to conjure up anything digitally artistic related to everybody's favourite game, I will try to post it here.
This is mostly for my own amusement, but if anyone else happens to enjoy it, then even better.

This is a scan of a doodle of Willow, which was edited using Gimp.

WillowFull.png

• Like 5

And a vector image of my dear Crabbit plushie, which was I did just before the Christmas break ended. Made using Inkscape with a minor touch-up in Gimp. Hopefully worthy of being considered to be shown in the fan-art part of the intro of the weekly Rhymes with Play stream. :D It there had been more time I would have added more details to the background. Now it looks very bland. If someone likes to draw palm trees and sea shells they can do that. :)

CrabbitFacebookUpload.png

• Like 3

RWPballCrabbitGray.gif.1c67823ad9897114fc7db65e55258062.gif

In response to the Rhymes with Play - Animating for Don't Starve Together stream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219962345) I tried to animate a Crabbit chasing a bouncing ball.

The animation was done using Synfig Studio, an open source program for creating vector animations. It's not equivalent to Adobe Animate, which Klei is using for their animations, but it was the most similar alternative I could find in order to have a go at it myself.

Great fun, eh, Crabbit?

TinyCrabbit_FullTwo.thumb.png.5042126c14ca7210f3e2b10d70a657eb.png

• Like 3

Thanks alot, @minespatch :) That was the original idea. I really wanted to make the legs and claws bend at their joints, just like you suggested. This was actually one of the main goals. Unfortunately I didn't manage to figure out how to rig and set up the skeleton deformation. Failing to do this I simply made a loop with the body bobbing up and down and the legs rotating about their attachment points. By that time the weekend was almost over. :/ But thanks again for the suggestion and kind words. If I get more time to fiddle around with this and manage to figure out the tools I will definitely post an updated version. :)