Chris1488    11,014

I can probably guess the answer, but this rule also applies to mods of the SW characters, right?

halfrose    1,117
1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

I can probably guess the answer, but this rule also applies to mods of the SW characters, right?

Id imagine so, I mean, they are also klei official characters? that is my guess at least

• Like 1

Fidooop    2,365
3 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I'm fairly certain it does because as halfrose said, they are official characters... :p

• Like 1

Fidooop    2,365
5 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I must see all the new mod skins people are making!

Show me all of them!

Are you going to add a Mod Made rarity section to your skins thread? xD

• Like 2

ImDaMisterL    17,295
1 minute ago, Fidooop said:

Are you going to add a Mod Made rarity section to your skins thread? xD

Ech, imagine how much work that would be!

• Like 4

Lumina    1,503

This seems really nice, i'll probably try it a day.

On 06/01/2017 at 0:17 AM, Fidooop said:

Can I make clothing?
No, that is off limits. (and it'd also require a lot of extra code that is not supplied within the mod...)

What is clothing exactly, i don't understand ? Skin for armor/hat ? Something else ?

Also, it is possible to give special condition for a skin to appears ?

Chris1488    11,014
1 hour ago, Lumina said:

What is clothing exactly, i don't understand ? Skin for armor/hat ? Something else ?

What we mean by clothing is any skin that goes in the body/hand/shoe slot. Only the head slot is available to be skinned on your character.

Lumina    1,503

Ok, thanks for the answer :) It's because even if the character isn't a klei character, since there are clothing from klei you don't want the mod to be in "conflict" with official skin is it this ?

neal_b4_me    0

Which file in which folder am I inserting ' MakeModCharacterSkinnable' into? Also what folder in general am I modifying? The one that came in this particular mod folder?

Fidooop    2,365
41 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Ok, thanks for the answer :) It's because even if the character isn't a klei character, since there are clothing from klei you don't want the mod to be in "conflict" with official skin is it this ?

To clear the air a bit more... Equippables are completely fine to reskin! (Not official equippables however) What I mean by clothing are the items here below the head:

5B63D72A2145F0F95D0460EDB17DC2B7D3C9C8E4

And it isn't a compatibility issue! It's just that Peter had told me that making clothes was off limits to us modders. :p

17 minutes ago, neal_b4_me said:

Which file in which folder am I inserting ' MakeModCharacterSkinnable' into? Also what folder in general am I modifying? The one that came in this particular mod folder?

MakeModCharacterSkinnable goes into your mod's modmain.lua after the AddModCharacter function has been run! Please don't modify anything in the Modded Skins folder, only your own mod. (and please do not copy anything from the modded skins mod into your own mod) Every needed function to create skins for your mod are available in the global space once Modded Skins is enabled! All you've got to do is create the skin prefabs in your mod's prefabs folder! :p

• Like 1

Lumina    1,503
1 minute ago, Fidooop said:

And it isn't a compatibility issue! It's just that Peter had told me that making clothes was off limits to us modders. :p

Yeah, sorry, didn't use the right word, by conflict i was meaning more like "competition"/"concurrence", rather than compatibility.

Thanks for your answer :)

Devinxh04    23
On 1/5/2017 at 6:17 PM, Fidooop said:

This mod is only to be used to create skins for modded characters/items. Klei strongly forbids the use of modders creating skins for any official character/item. If any mod is found using code from this mod in order to skin official characters/items it will be reported on sight. 

Including Shipwrecked characters ported mods?

Fidooop    2,365
24 minutes ago, Devinxh04 said:

Including Shipwrecked characters ported mods?

On 1/5/2017 at 5:47 PM, Fidooop said:
On 1/5/2017 at 5:40 PM, Chris1488 said:

I'm fairly certain it does because as halfrose said, they are official characters... :p

NeddoFreddo    640

So we can't make skins for Klei-made objects? Darn, that sucks, I was looking forward to seeing the fabled Microwave on a Stool skin for the Crock Pot!

Fidooop    2,365
1 minute ago, NeddoFreddo said:

So we can't make skins for Klei-made objects? Darn, that sucks, I was looking forward to seeing the fabled Microwave on a Stool skin for the Crock Pot!

....You could make a custom crockpot with the same exact code and have it use a microwave-on-stool art though! Just as long as it isn't considered a "skin" and isn't using the skin system then you're completely fine! :p

• Like 1

Lumina    1,503

Ok i tried to make something but i got mistakes. I'm sure some of them are obvious but i'm not skilled enough to fix them. Here is the mod :

sunshade.rar

Here is the error log :

Spoiler

[00:00:47]: MOD ERROR: sunshade (Sunshade): Mod: sunshade (Sunshade)    
[00:00:47]: [string "../mods/sunshade/modmain.lua"]:13: attempt to index global 'RECIPETABS' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        ../mods/sunshade/modmain.lua(13,1) in main chunk
        =[C] in function 'xpcall'
        scripts/util.lua(609,1) in function 'RunInEnvironment'
        scripts/mods.lua(483,1) in function 'InitializeModMain'
        scripts/mods.lua(457,1) in function 'LoadMods'
        scripts/main.lua(251,1) in function 'ModSafeStartup'
        scripts/main.lua(306,1)
        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'
        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(22,1) in function 'SavePersistentString'
        scripts/modindex.lua(76,1)
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        scripts/modindex.lua(63,1) in function 'BeginStartupSequence'
        scripts/main.lua(305,1) in function 'callback'
        scripts/modindex.lua(516,1)
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        scripts/modindex.lua(490,1) in function 'Load'
        scripts/main.lua(304,1) in main chunk

I tried to use erik mod as an example but i don't understand some problems i got... Thanks for any help.

Chris1488    11,014
1 hour ago, Lumina said:

attempt to index global 'RECIPETABS' (a nil value)

I'm no modder, but shouldn't this mean you need a GLOBAL.RECIPETABS somewhere or something...?

Lumina    1,503

I don't know, this line is usually fine used in others mods i have, but maybe i forgot something somewhere. I can't figure what is wrong and i'm pretty sure something else is wrong too :(

Zeklo    10,229

This makes me wanna get back into modding.

• Like 2