Problem With Contingency Plan, Please Help

Invisible inc has an issue that has been caused the Contingency Plan DLC which is extremely low fps. The low fps only happens when I use things like the new augments and items or if I try to use objects in the new missions i.e. data points or the teleport pad to the research facility. The low fps only happens when one of the above items are visible on the screen after they are used. An example is when I use Derek's teleportation beacon. When the screen shows the area he teleported to, the game gets some large amounts of lag and it makes it hard to do anything like move through the area. The new missions like the data points do something similar, but since there are three data points in a level, it adds two extra areas of lag, which are a pain to move through if necessary. The lag has completely ruined my experience with the Contingency Plan DLC but since I paid for it, I want to find out how to fix it without turning the DLC off in the settings. 

Due to many grammar and spelling problems that I just noticed I will reply with an updated version.

Invisible inc has an issue that has been caused by the Contingency Plan DLC which is extremely low fps. The low fps only happens when I use things like the new augments and items or if I try to use objects in the new missions i.e. data points or the teleport pad to the research facility. The low fps only happens when one of the above items are visible on the screen. An example is when I use Derek's teleportation beacon. When the screen shows the area he teleported to, the game gets a large amount of lag and it makes it hard to do anything like move through the area. The new missions like the data points have the same effect, but since there are three data points in a level, it adds two extra areas of lag, which are a pain to move through if necessary. This lag has completely ruined my experience with the Contingency Plan DLC but since I paid for the DLC, I want to find out how to fix it without turning the DLC off in the settings. 

I don't have these problems myself, but there are some temporary solutions you can take to boost the frame rate.

In the main menu, click Options and look under the Video tab. Turning off VSync, Lighting FX, Background FX, Full Décor, Bloom, reducing Shadow Quality to medium or low, and changing the refresh rate from 60fps to 48fps (the difference is almost unnoticeable to the naked eye) will all help improve frame rate at the sacrifice of aesthetics. Until you find a better solution, I recommend doing this to make the game run as smoothly as possible.

You should also try verifying your game cache in Steam. Right click I,I. and click properties and go to the Local Files tab. You should see "verify integrity of game cache". If it doesn't catch any problems, you could also try reinstalling the game. All progress will be kept in the Steam Cloud so don't worry about lost progress.

Hope I could help. :)

Archived