Add MFI controller support to DS ROG/SW Pocket Edition

I'm so happy to see that Both DS ROG/SW arrives at the iOS platform and made it's way to the editor's choose, good job KLEI Team! With the pocket editor in checked, I can kill some boring time in the train by starting a exciting adventure! But both iphone and iphone plus has limited display screen, unlike large screen ipad, using finger to control the character  in a such small screen is a catastrophe. my thumb is can cover the whole character and I don't know what i am putting at orz.

There are some bugs which can't be fixed in the touch screen interface:

* Giant jungle tree in the SW DLC covers a lot of  screen space, so what ever  I am doing in that area, it will be end up at mis-touch that jungle tree

* virtual stick is a good ideal but it will also consume a part of the screen and will be conflict with the edge of the item bar and construction bar in the edge of the screen! (turn down the scale of the GUI will help but it's TOO small)

In pc version we don't have such problems because as far as I know, people will mostly use their keyboard with "WASD", the console user can use the controller, they can avoid these too conflict by moving using specific keys.

It is known that controller is well supported in the PC(steam) and playstation(PS4 and PS Vita) version, can you transplant this feature into the pocket editon? The main problem you are going to face is the variant of different kinds of controller, there are too many standard in the Bluetooth controller, but this is not a problem in ios devices, because we have MFI(made for iphone) standard!

By simply use the API provided by apple, you can easily turn a DS iphone into a fulling functional mobile console  

Another +1. Made the forum account to add myself to a potential wait list. =) I have all of the don't starve series on steam. I do love it as a mobile game though the controls get a bit difficult in combat. I got a steel series iOS controller over the holidays and really wish it would work for the pocket edition. Thanks. 

Archived