DragonMage156

"Ugh" Ria was starting to get annoyed with the group not listening to her words "Let me explain something, Sunrider here doesn't eat humans. I mean, I don't know if you've noticed but there hasn't been a lot of humans around lately anyway. And look, I still have my limbs. To be honest, I don't even know if he does eat meat anymore. I mean eating other monsters seems like cannibalism to him but if you ask me, I agree with him"

---

Sunrider yawned and flexed his wings while Ria was rambling on to the group. Then he heard a twig snap coming from the nearby bushes. He turned and looked in that direction but couldn't really see much. Looks like that wingless leaf dragon thing found something... and was really excited about it. He looked at Ria and the others. They didn't seem to hear it. Odd since Ria was usually as alert as him in her wake. He decided to walk over, still cautious, to see what he had found.

Edited by DragonMage156

"Maan-draah-go-"

The creature stopped trying to pronounce his new found friend's name at the sound of the word "Name". He seemed very confused by it. So much so, it stopped him from immediately going to devour the dirt and just stare up at Mandragora.

"Grrawrf! Awrf! What word spoke? Rwarwarwar!"

Edited by Youknowwho
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Than Tim started he recognized her. "Wait... you saw me? And try to follow me?" Ria thought for a bit "For what reasons exactly?"

"Yes. You were the only other survivor that I saw at the time... Say, you wouldn't happen to know where I'd be able to find some intact metal, would you?" Tim asked, knocking on his dead metal arm twice.

• Like 1

Mandragora was baffled at the plantcreature’s response.

“You don’t know what a name is? Nobody ever told you…?”

Then she noticed something behind it. Something large. And it was coming closer.

Her expression turned to panic, concern for herself—and her new friend.

“MEATLIZARD!!” she shrieked and pointed at the creature approaching, cake-cutting knife in her grasp.

• Like 2

The leafy creature yelped and turned around to see the winged yellow lizard he had seen before. It sneaking up on them was very scary and it spooked the creature so much he ran to hide behind his new friend instead of growling and asking "why you do" like he'd normally do.

• Like 1

"Well I remember passing something a few days back. I didn't bother to check it out though" Ria shrugged "You know how it is nowadays"

---

Sunrider reared it's head back when they started to freak out and shout names at him. He wasn't too pleased with the "meatlizard" remark. Sunrider huffed and shook his head. Then he left out a little "arf" except it was way deeper, giving his size, and difference in vocal cords. It seemed like Sunrider was trying to speak to them.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1

(Actually I'm sure nameless-eater didn't say anything to Sunrider upon his arrival)

Mandragora noticed the plantcreature run behind her for safety. This made her more terrified of the meatlizard in front of her.

However, it was not attacking, but holding it's ground and making strange, terrifying noises with it's throat. She realized...it clearly did not like what it ate!

"Meatlizard is trying to spit out his meal!! Let's run while it throws it out!!"

Mandragora pushed herself up with her appendages, trying to burst out of the ground. But she was too weak to uproot herself in one go.

• Like 3

The Plant Creature freaked out and ran around in circles for a bit before realizing he should probably try and help up Mandragora, which would be difficult, considering the no arms thing, but some help is better than none, right? He held out one of his horns for his new found friend to grab onto, so he could try and pull her out.

• Like 2

(Sorry for not being here tuesday or yesterday, still really busy with school bovinefeces. Hopefully it all ends on monday. God how I hope it ends on monday. )

Alright, Lou. Assess your situation. Remain aware of your surroundings. Breathe. Keep breathing. It has been a few days since Baxter and Lucy, you've walked quite far and there are no rattle snakes here. Or people, I guess. It feels like everyone vanished into thin air, which would mean I'm probably walking around once-human entrails in the form of transparent gas. Gah, disturbing. --- Luma stops walking and sits next to a tree and puts down her cane --- Darn how hot it is. --- Luma takes off her mask and overcoat and starts checking pockets --- All out of crackers. Great. --- Taking a moment for quietness of mind, Luma listens. With hardly any wind, the silence seems to swallow all sound and make itself heard. --- No birds, too. --- Suddenly, strong winds blow, a phenomenon similar to that which happens when aircrafts land. Curious, Luma puts her coat and mask under her left arm, grabs the cane and moves as quietly as possible towards the sound. --- Interesting.

Closer to the source of the winds, Luma becomes able to make out through the trees a few figures, and tries moving faster. Even closer, she realises: a dragon. And people. --- And... some... things? --- Now taking baby steps, she approaches the group with even more care, and puts the mask on. Eventually, she gets in very close vicinity of them, to the point of being able to make out faces and tell that one of the things is a mandrake, while the other is... --- Intangible. Dubious. Utterly indeterminable. By the way, yellow sweatpants might not be perfect camouflage gear. --- When she notices the mandrake trying to push itself out of the ground, Luma can't help but giggle. However, the giggle comes out much louder than expected despite the mask's muffling.

Sh... Did they hear that?

• Like 3

Sunrider tilted his head. Why would he want to cough up food? Food was rather scarce in these times. Eating a range of meat from hunting animals to edible plants and veggies. He's even eaten pet food a few times. May not taste the greatest but least it's something.

Sunrider took a couple steps back. He wasn't sure what else he could do to convince these small creatures that he wasn't a bad monster.

Then Sunrider raised his head and looked around, sure that he had heard a faint sound of someone giggling.

Edited by DragonMage156

The plantcreature had put its head next to her. Was it trying to help? She let go of her cake-cutting knife and hurriedly wrapped her appendages around its horns as tightly as she could.

As she did, she heard faint giggling coming from the nearby foliage, and even noticed the meatlizard turn its head in the direction of the noise.

She could not help but to look at it.

Edited by Sketched_Philo
Changed formatting

Thankfully, for Mandragora, she was light for her size---an easy lift for the plantcreature and she was uprooted from the soil.

She let out a sigh of relief, but then she turned her head towards the cake-cutting knife.

She tried to reach for it with one of her appendages, holding on to the plantcreature’s head with her other appendage.  

Edited by Sketched_Philo

They did. --- Particularly noticing the dragon's staring, she freezes and thinks. --- They don't seem... paranoid.. about it. Now do they? The mandrake and the creature aren't even paying attention to me anymore. Wouldn't that mean they aren't hostile? But what if they are? I could move, but then they would definitely notice me. They must be all out of food too. And I can't outrun a dragon. Bloody hell, I'm gonna be dragon breakfast. Okay. Okay. Breathe. Keep breathing. That dragon just won't stop staring! Damn it! --- Luma tries and relaxes her body, nevertheless breathing still rapidly. --- If they kill me, then... see you soon, Lucy. --- Hanging her cane on her shoulder, Luma emphatically limps towards the group with her hands raised not too far above her head and holding her folded overcoat. She doesn't dare go too far, though, on the risk running is needed, and walks only far enough to be doubtlessly distinguished from the vegetation.

Edited by ~Matt
  • Like 2

Sunrider was almost tempted to help but she uprooted herself before he had a chance. Also the person in the bushes already had his attention. It wasn't a monster so it must be safe. I mean what bad can a human do? Sunrider remained cautious however.

---

"Huh?" Ria was confused by Maurice's response "I was just talking about a small town I passed days ago. I don't really wanna back track but if you guys think there's more su-" Ria stopped when she noticed someone emerge from the bushes. "O-oh..." Ria stuttered. Even without blatantly pointing, the others turned their heads to see what she was staring at.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1

The plant creature scrambled for a bit, not used to be held by the head, not liking being touched all that much in the first place, but  Mandragora must of made really good first impressions, because they weren't immediately bitten. Instead, he licked Mandragora's "Arm" with his long, slightly thorny tongue to encourage her to stay alert, and not get eaten by the giant bird human peoples and the dragon. 

• Like 1

Mandragora suddenly felt something on her appendage. She was surprised and looked back at the plantcreature, and then noticed an odd meatpeople with a long head, approaching.

She let go of her friend’s horn and gave a little hop towards her cake-cutting knife, and hurriedly picked it up.

Then she looked up, and stared at the meat person ,wide-eyed, never having seen one like it before.

Edited by Sketched_Philo