D's Doodle Noodles: Third Time's the Charm Edition

Not necessarily art-related, but I've set up an ask meme for myself on Tumblr to help brainstorm ideas about the cast. I'll extend participation to you guys as well. Just post a number and a character. :>

1. Five headcanons about their backstory.
  2. Five headcanons about their life on the island.
  3. Three headcanons about their personality.
  4. Six headcanons about their likes and dislikes (three each).
  5. Four headcanons about their relationship with another character (please specify the second character; they don’t have to be a couple).
  • Like 1

On January 7, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Mobbstar said:

7G

:3

Such sass :3

Got these requests from Tumblr done if anybody cares to read them:

Wes, 1.

Spoiler

1. Wes was born in 1895 to an English family that immigrated to France, where he spent most of his childhood. He and his family moved to America shortly before the start of WWI, where he began to pursue a career in theater.

2. He quickly found that his voice often prevented him from being cast in large roles, being naturally quiet and affected with a minor French accent. Unable to find success in dramatic theater, he decided to abandon it and instead perform as a mime.

3. He struggled as a street performer, hopping trains from city to city and passing from one minimum-wage job to another. On one of his travels, he found himself stowing away on a circus train. He saw the circus as a grand opportunity, and found a steady job as a circus mime.

4. Of all the poor-paying jobs that he temporarily worked, being an assistant in a florist’s shop was easily his favorite. He practiced replicating the flowers with his balloons, which greatly helped him develop his skill, but also got him fired when customers began wanting to purchase his balloons over the shop’s flowers.

5. Wes actually never made a deal with Maxwell. The circus he joined also employed Wolfgang, and Wes ended up as an unintended bonus capture when Wolfgang made his own deal (similar to how Charlie was swept in with Maxwell). That’s why he has no obvious strengths, and part of why he was trapped.

Willow, 1.

Spoiler

1. Willow was born in 1882 to a poor family in New York. Her mother died of consumption when she was three and her father died two years later in a work-related accident, leaving her orphaned from the age of five. Her teddy bear, Bernie, is the only thing she has ever had to remember her parents by.

2. She stayed in the orphanage for six years, during which she served as a bit of an unintentional menace to her caretakers. She discovered her affinity for fire within her first year there, often playing with the fireplace and cookers and promptly procuring any matches and candles that happened to be left within her reach.

3. Frank, a man with a magical affinity of his own, heard about her and came to see her for himself. He determined that her pyromania was, as he suspected, magical in nature, and he decided to take her in. He never revealed his own powers to her, but he actively encouraged her to experiment and learn to control her fire. Her lighter was a gift from him.

4. His training wasn’t perfect, however, and Willow accidentally set their neighborhood ablaze when she lost control of her fire. Frank died in the accident, and Willow was committed to an asylum to try and cure her pyromania. She received treatments that wore away at her physical and mental strength until she was broken and her powers vanished.

5. Willow was on the verge of suicide when Maxwell offered her a deal: build a door, and he would return her powers. Desperate to have her powers again, she started a fire in the asylum kitchen and escaped. She found an abandoned building where she built the door from the materials she stripped from the walls and floors, and was whisked away to a world where no one would try to put out her fire.

Wendy (and Abigail), 1.

Spoiler

1. Wendy and Abigail were born in 1898 to Jack and Amelia Carter. The family was well-to-do, living in a comfortable manor in California. Jack was a successful writer and Amelia was a teacher who had retired to educate her daughters privately. The twins wanted for little and were happy.

2. Wendy was studious and very much a bookworm. She spent most of her time in the family’s library, reading the days away and aspiring to one day become a writer like her father. Abigail was much more active and rough-and-tumble, preferring to play outside in the garden and pretend she was out on a grand safari. They were incredibly close, despite the differences in their preferred hobbies, and they would often make compromises for each other (Wendy would document Abigail’s “discoveries” in the garden, Abigail would act out Wendy’s favorite scenes from her favorite plays and books, etc.).

3. The sisters never knew William, or any of their extended family for that matter, outside of mention by their parents, the reception of a handful of letters, and a couple of photographs. Abigail longed to meet with the family left behind in England, but Wendy was fairly apathetic towards the thought. She was happy enough with her parents and her sister.

4. When the sisters were ten, Abigail fell ill with consumption. Their parents hired the best doctors they could afford, but she could not be saved. The loss of her beloved sister changed Wendy in ways that mortified her parents. She became obsessed with death and what lies beyond, suddenly bitter and filled with contempt for the world. The things she once enjoyed no longer could make her smile, and she spent most of her time alone.

5. Wendy began to try and find some way of bringing her sister back to her. She read scientific journals and religious texts and she tried rituals portrayed in the stories she read, but nothing seemed to work. Then, Maxwell appeared before her and claimed that he could bring back Abigail if Wendy built a door for him. She wondered what could be so special about a door that one would bring back a dead person in exchange for it, but began to construct the door regardless while her parents slept. She disappeared without a trace in pursuit of her sister, and her parents could only weep in sorrow.

Wes, 5 (With Wigfrid).

Spoiler

1. Neither would deny that they are a couple if asked, but they aren’t incredibly open about it either. Most of the flirting and whatnot is done when they are alone, and Wes is usually the instigator. Wigfrid is often the one to push them into more heated interactions, though.

2. Wes admires the fact that Wigfrid lives for the thrill of battle and is an incredibly capable survivor, but knows that he would never be able to attain that level of skill himself. To make up for his lack of fighting and survival abilities, he tries his hardest to keep a nice camp when she’s absent and takes care of her when she comes back from her more violent excursions.

3. When they first met, Wigfrid took it upon herself to try and train Wes to be capable of taking care of himself. It wasn’t long before she realized that she had taken on a fruitless task, Wes being far too soft for the battlefield. This brought on a new feeling of endearment towards him, as well as a new dedication to protecting her mime companion.

4. For most of her time on the island, Wigfrid lived a nomadic lifestyle and typically never came into contact with other people. Whenever she did, she was cautious and stoic and didn’t keep contact with them. Wes is thus the only person she could legitimately call a friend, and he is often the only one who can get real displays of emotion from her. His ability to make her laugh is one of her favorite things about him. Wes likewise had difficulties really making friends with other survivors when he was part of their group, and Wigfrid was the first person on the island to really get to know him. Even if he could speak, words couldn’t express how much her friendship means to him.

Wendy, 5 (With Webber).

Spoiler

1. Webber has a crush on Wendy (which he spectacularly fails at keeping subtle), but Wendy is at present completely uninterested (and a little disgusted by) in love. She has outright told him that she never plans to fall in love and that his crush on her is a waste of time, but Webber still holds onto the hope that maybe one day she’ll change her mind. Abigail wishes that Wendy would give him a chance, but Wendy tends to ignore Abigail’s advice in that matter.

2. Wendy does, however, relent enough to allow a friendship with Webber (partly to satisfy Abigail, and partly because the adults have designated them as obligatory playmates, meaning they get forced together quite often). Wendy would never admit it, but she actually finds playing with Webber rather refreshing; he’s the first person to get her to truly play since Abigail. Webber is happy to at least be considered a friend, and always looks forward to playtime (even if Wendy tends to choose rather morbid and scary games).

3. Because they have come to an understanding about each other, Webber is the only person (besides Abigail) that Wendy will willingly talk to about her feelings and other personal subjects; she knows that he won’t try to tell her that her way of thinking is wrong. Webber will talk to others about his feelings and such, but if given the choice he would often prefer to talk about them with Wendy; he knows that she’ll be honest with him.

4. Without realizing it, Wendy tends to be protective over Webber in a way similar to how her sister protected her. She comforts him when he’s upset, helps him work through problems he faces, and takes care of him when he’s sick or hurt. She likes to make him happy and worries for him when he’s away. But even if she realized how much she cared for Webber, she’d never tell.

Edited by Dragara
  • Like 7

Still trying to relearn/update face designs.

Spoiler

Willow Face.png

After really thinking about the backstory I gave her, I realized that Willow probably wouldn’t have been allowed to keep her hair long like I normally draw her, so… Willow with short pigtails? (Over time on the island she would grow it out, but I suppose she’d start off like this.)

• Like 3

Hey, guys! Sorry for the huge absence, but y'all know how much life loves to get in the way of things. :') Let's try to get this ball rolling again!

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.993ee197e27acec41e5aa56c247299ed.png

This was something that I had sitting around unposted for who knows how long, finally found it sitting around in my files and got around to uploading it. Meant to be the first part of a kiss challenge (kiss on the forehead), although I have no clue where the original list post went.

Spoiler

59c5ece3ba5c1_WinonaDoodle.thumb.png.0553cf5fa6651c5761e905a27791fc7e.png

And here's a little doodle of the newbie!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Nice work on the couple piece. IT's well detailed.

Really prefer the way you drew Winona's cowlick. IT has a rosetheme than her stealing's Wilson's sproing.:wilson_ecstatic:

Thanks!

And huh, I suppose it kinda does look like a rose. :o Glad it worked out like that, it never crossed my mind. LOL

Edited by Dragara
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dragara said:

Meant to be the first part of a kiss challenge (kiss on the forehead), although I have no clue where the original list post went.

I've saved quite a bunch myself incase I ever ran out of ideas. Unfortunately I don't think I have the one you're looking for. Well if I see it on Tumblr, I'll be sure to let you know (if I remember ^^; )

I have other shipping memes however if you ever feel like drawing your (or my) OTP again :p

Also I'll have to agree with Mines on the Winona one. Didn't notice the cowlick until now ^^;

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I've saved quite a bunch myself incase I ever ran out of ideas. Unfortunately I don't think I have the one you're looking for. Well if I see it on Tumblr, I'll be sure to let you know (if I remember ^^; )

Thing is, I do still have the list itself copied down as a document file. It's just that I don't remember where I found the list (somewhere on Tumblr, but I don't remember the exact post) so I could give credit to the creator of said list.

• Like 1

Was doing some warm-up sketches and I ended up exploring Wolfgang at his different strength levels.

Spoiler

59cebf6d98476_WolfgangFormSketches.thumb.png.000aac47e86d22979a57e8628fc2daa0.png

Probably pushed everything way too far to be taken even remotely serious, but I actually had fun with these. Stop judging me.

• Like 5

I tend to get frustrated with my style sometimes because I feel it's pretty bland and other people make me jealous with their beautiful styles. Tonight is one of those nights. :')

Spoiler

59d4691dc7e2c_WilsonStyleDoodles.thumb.png.cfeed87184091f1dca002326355b0266.png

Trying to find something a bit more simple than my usual style, in part to have for a project I want to do someday. Top left was a warm-up DS style doodle; top right and bottom left are a bit too simple for what I'm looking for, although I do like bottom left as it's own thing; bottom left is just my normal style but a little bit less detailed, I guess. Bleh.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Your style's bland? Since when?

Since forever? IDK. I have a problem in that I always feel torn between wanting to be as realistic as possible and wanting to have a really cool and elegant (not-necessarily-so-realistic) style. I see other artists with really interesting styles and I always feel like my art's just not as interesting in comparison. (Which honestly is in part my repetitive and unimpressive subject matter, but that's another can of worms entirely.)

• Like 1

Hey! Your work is great! You put a lot of work The self-doubt you're having is only propelling your technique to  be better. If you feel that you could improve, it means you have the drive to keep on improving. So far I love the color schemes and crisp linework you're doing.

If you feel that you need to explore other things, try focusing on what you feel you're having trouble on and I'm sure that'll add more variety to your work.

• Thanks 1

God, I’m such trash. Horrifically bad and ridiculously self-indulgent bedtime doodle incoming.

Spoiler

59dafa2d483c8_WillowsonPregnancy.thumb.png.884937ce11924559ca428cffd1d09c29.png

Sometimes when I’m not feeling inspired I reread parts of my favorite fanfictions and chapter 6 of @TheBlob's Infinite Obituary is one of my all-time favorite things to read because fandom babies are my biggest weakness and I need more of them in my life please.

• Like 3