panel 1.jpg

The last thing I remember was running through a warzone. Explosions erupting left and right and helicopters flying over head. Ofcoarse they didn’t remain airborne for long. Monsters, unknown to man, flying and running ramped around the city that stood behind me.

I kept running for that was all I knew. I heard roars and screeches erupt from the air. Then suddenly, one of the monsters landed right behind me, sending me stumbling forwards. I stole a quick glance at the monster:

panel 2.jpg

tall, wings and what looked like glowing eyes. It was roaring to the sky. I didn’t waste time to get up and starting running again. Just when I though the monster had stopped chasing me, it jumped right infront of me, bringing me to an instant halt.

panel 3.jpg

I got a better look at the monster but I was too fear stricken to focus on its features. It roared and growled at me. I tried to back up but I ended up falling backwards instead. I held an arm infront of me and shut my eyes in fear. I was sure this was the end for me but the monster didn’t attack.

panel 4.jpg

I heard distant sounds of a missile being fired and was immediately picked up by the monster. The monster flew off, away from the city and the direction of the missile. Everything happened so fast. I was too terrified of the height to pay attention to what was happening around me. The missile was sent to attempts to eradicate the monsters.

panel 5.jpg

It blew up the city and everything around it. The monster and I just barely escaped. That was when I realized his true intentions.

panel 6.jpg

The next thing I remember was standing on the outskirts, overlooking what was left of the city. It stood in fire and ruin, buildings blackened and mostly destroyed from the explosion. Everything I ever knew was gone. Monsters still remained but I stayed hopeful that some people escaped and are looking for new civilization.

Sunrider, the yellow dragon that saved my life, stood next to me. It was my dream to have a dragon companion… but it came at a great price. He nudged me which broke me out of thought. I looked at him and stroked his smooth, sparkly scales. “Yeah…” I said, softly “Let’s get out of here”. I glanced at the city one last time before turning and walking away, Sunrider right behind me.

---

So this was originally a story idea I've had since... um, early last year? Well, a long time ago and only decided recently that maybe it should be an RP (since I could only think of an intro and some other plot points that I will not be discussing here cos spoilers).

So what is it?

Basically, it's set in a world where these genetically engineered/created monsters broke out and now are rampaging all over the world. The armies saw this as a threat from other countries and declared a WWIII. Idk how long it lasted but what you read above is basically how it ended. The bombing of cities in order to eradicate the monsters. Ofcoarse it doesn't work but it probably killed millions of humans. I dubbed this "The fall of humanity". Then the apocalyptic stuff starts.

Where will it take place?

Well the RP starts three months later with a group (that's you guys) traveling through a forest in Europe. I find you guys while flying overhead (having dragon has it's perks ^_^ ). However, without giving too much away, you guys haven't had any friendly encounters with large monsters and taming them is still in the works.

I probably won't start this RP yet due to people being busy with school and stuff. However I will be here to answer any questions you may have.

Also, I'm planning on having a supply inventory that I'll update regularly. Still when I'm not online, I'd like you guys to try and remember what you have and what you don't.

If you wanna sign up:

Spoiler

Name:

Race:

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.):
Personality:
Appearance:

Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Etc:

(Totally not copy n pasted from WaW... ok maybe it was :? )

Participants:

@DragonMage156 Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Ria

Race: Human

History: Was once an artist and aspiring animator before the outbreak. She was separated from her family in the chaos. She attempted to run to safety but was ambushed by one of the monsters and carried away. She doesn’t know what happened to her family but hope they survived somehow. Part of her feels that they didn’t make it out in time though.

Personality: She used to be happy, carefree, imaginative, creative and sometimes optimistic. Now she’s more serious and down to earth. She can still have a fun but those opportunities don’t come that often anymore.

Appearance: (After the fall of civilization) she wears a plain black t-shirt, blue jeans with a belt and black boots. She has long brown hair, blue eyes and a special necklace she’s had for years.

Strengths: She is a skilled rider and has her own monster to aid and defend her, is a fast learner, alert, fast reflexes.

Weaknesses: Has trust issues with other monster characters, not a fighter, doesn’t work well in groups having been alone for so long, can be gullible, can get emotional when her old life or family is asked/thought about, is weak on her own.

Etc: Her necklace is a locket that contains pictures of her family.

Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Sunrider

Race: Dragon (as Ria has dubbed him. Otherwise, just monster).

History: Sunrider has always been difference than the rest of his race. Sunrider was part of the other monsters that broke out. However, unlike the others, Sunrider didn't have killer instincts and felt remorse for the weak. When he saw people quiver in fear before him, he felt bad and thought it was wrong to take advantage of them as an easy meal. When he met Ria, he decided to save her rather than eat her. Their bond had been growing ever since.

Personality: He is intelligent, non-feral and protective of Ria and her friends, loyal, lovable and friendly once you get to know him.
Appearance:
A yellow/gold dragon with a yellow underbelly and orange spikes down his back.

sunrider_s_fabulous_pose_by_dragonmage15sun_fire_by_dragonmage156-dadbogb.jpg

Strengths: Can breathe fire and fly, can bite and scratch, can swim and has strong dragon senses.
Weaknesses: If wings are broken or restrained in any way he cannot fly. He has a limited amount of fire breath. The more fire he uses, the less he can fly, sometimes can be over protective, is still a monster.
Etc:

@Mobbstar Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Maurice "The Madman" Russell

History (Recording recently after the incident):

What the... what on earth happened? There I was, just driving around in the city, doing my usual journalist stuff, when suddenly hooters go off everywhere. Couldn't think about what to do 'cause there came a huge... botfly... anglerfish... thing at me. For whatever reason it locked onto my car and wouldn't let loose, but at least that beast didn't go 90 mph. Well, of course I was low on fuel right then of all times, so it caught up at the suburbs. There were soldiers and helicopters 'n' such everywhere along the way, trying to shoot that thing down. No use. I couldn't exactly tell how it evaded certain death, if the bullets just bounced of or if it dodged somehow, if the wounds healed faster than they came or just didn't make a difference to it.

All I know for certain is that I barely got into somebody's garage and prayed to god that the monster couldn't simply burst through the thin walls. It made short shrift of the car before I managed to lock the door. A woman yelled at me, knowing very well that I didn't care about anything other than surviving that horror. Then the roof collapsed. She was gone, I stuck under some rubble, that thing oozing just above me.

Whatever that substance was, it felt like death. Mostly 'cause I had flashbacks to all kinds of stuff, the kind of thing said to happen near death. Then I thought I saw a light, literally going to die that moment. But the light must have been some kind of explosion, maybe there are other survivors who know more. Anyways, the beast dropped on me in shock or for whatever other reason, barely not crushing me more than the ceiling did already. That's why I think I prevailed, it must have soaked up the immediate damage, just like the bullets.

When I woke up, there was not much of the monster left. Some scavenger found me and the remains of that woman... Who knew an act of desperation could be so haunting in hindsight? The scavenger assured me I wouldn't ever be hungry again... We are heading to an outpatient clinic right now, for one to treat my injuries, but also because something about him is very wrong. I don't know what it is or if he'll make it.

Personality:
Rather inquiring and thoughtful; Likes to play with phrasing, but not particularly good at it;
Doesn't hesitate to break laws and social norms if there's no way around it; Usually finds such a way, though;
Dislikes getting bribed with money, but bribes others sometimes;
Was officially christian, but not really, until the monsters got loose; Now tries to stay sane using the bible, but unable to read it for long enough;

Appearance:
slightly chubby; chinstrap  (becomes full-on lincoln when stressed for too long); fingerlong hair, kempt straight back; usually wears vest and trousers; bead-less necklace (under shirt); limps a bit;
russell.png

Strengths:

• Photographic memory (not everything)
  • Good at understanding speech through distortion

Weaknesses:

• Occasionally actual perception merges with imagination (usually direct memories)
  • Takes some things too literal, others too figurative
  • May accuse you of faking emission values

@~Matt Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Luma Elizabeth Caesar

Race: Human, though some liked to think otherwise even before the incident.

History:

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #42. Written by CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

It's a hellhole outside, and it surprises me that this building is still standing. As of now, I am locked up in the lab with CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR and we are making progress on Research Project 990913, which is better described in Entry #388 of Volume #236. I'm afraid that if we don't work, we might just go insane. If we do, please do not judge us. You don't know how loud the crawling can be.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #46. Written by CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

We might have accidentally given a rat some brain cancer. Something keeps banging at the door, and CODENAME: LEECHER will not let me open it. If anyone dies because of this, the fault is hers.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #47. Written by CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

Whatever that rat was given, it's definitely not cancer, or at least not any recorded kind of it. The subject doesn't move, but doesn't appear to be dead either. There is a huge swelling above its left eye. CODENAME: LEECHER is currently going through past journal volumes in search of similar events. The banging has stopped.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #50. Written by CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

This shouldn't be happening. Why is this happening? It has been a few hours since CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR noticed the swelling, and the growing hasn't stopped since. If this keeps going, the skin tissue will soon be torn. We would be getting hungry, but this is gross enough that it kills our appetites.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #52. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

Lucy is vomiting. I might soon get around to doing so. We have dropped the codename idiocy. This is gross. The skin tissue was torn, alright, and a mushroom sprouted out of it. As if that was not enough, the mushroom is moving around the glass container we kept the rat in, stretching and bending its stem. Looks to be studying its surroundings. Lucy has stopped vomiting.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #55. Written by Lucy, CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

More toadstools have sprouted, and even more swellings have appeared. We can only conclude that whatever this is, it can spread. To make matters worse, the rat is walking. Languidly, but walking. Luma decided to name it Baxter. It's a good name.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #58. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

All observed swellings have sprouted mushrooms, and no new ones can be identified. Lucy does not want to look at it. I am fascinated. The mushrooms are pushing against the container's lid, and I have promptly locked it. Does it want to get out, or is it just mindlessly doing this?

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #67. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

The mushrooms are acting frustrated, violently ramming against the lid. Lucy hates the noise, and is covering her ears with her head between her knees. She has turned pale and I suspect it is because of low blood pressure. There is food in the lab, but she won't eat.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #72. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

The thing sees, and I believe it's through Baxter's eyes. As I approached to move the glass container from the table to the sink, it stopped moving completely, but the eyes followed my movement. As I grabbed it and moved it, the thing thrashed. I almost dropped it. Lucy would never forgive me if that happened. She is now eating a banana, but still won't talk.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #78. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

The mushrooms smashed the lid and slowly started to make their way out. We could have tried to burn it but neither of us wanted to get close to that thing. I suggested going outside and locking the thing in. Lucy did not appreciate the idea and preferred drinking cyanide. I don't blame her, but I am getting out of here. This is the last that will be recorded in these journals. If this is ever found, remember our names: Luma Elizabeth Caesar, CODENAME: LEECHER. Lucy Fear Plath, CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR.

Personality:

• Coy, unassertive, paranoid;
  • Relies heavily on her friends and colleagues;
  • Not above lying and faking illness to get what she wants;
  • Incredibly difficult to abhor or anger;
  • Likes making others feel good;
  • Favourite tarot card is The Hanged Man;
  • Hates bananas.

Appearance:

• Short and skinny;
  • Sleek, short and at times greasy black hair;
  • Wears a plague doctor mask to hide severe facial burns; *
  • Likes to use striped black and white shirts and yellow silk sweatpants;
  • Commonly also wears an overcoat with lots of interior pockets to carry herbs and other compounds, as well as scalpels, syringes and test tubes;
  • Carries a cane with a concealed short black blade;
  • Mostly walks barefoot or with flip-flops.

Strengths:

• Very smart;
  • Tidy;
  • Psychologically strong;
  • Possesses encyclopedic knowledge of chemistry and biology;
  • Able to craft poisons, bombs and drugs (medicinal or not), given the necessary materials;
  • Quick reaction times;
  • High self-esteem when masked;
  • Knows the basics of fencing;
  • Amazing at untying knots;
  • Surprisingly can tap dance.

Weaknesses:

• Thinks she is smarter than she actually is;
  • Lazy;
  • Not athletic;
  • Limps, but the cane helps;
  • Physically weak;
  • Situationally untrustworthy;
  • Sight is somewhat hindered by the plague doctor mask;
  • Tends to take command of things but not be able to hold it.

* Will take it off for eating and drinking, activities she will avoid doing next to her peers.

@Youknowwho Accepted

Spoiler

Name: _____ [He has no collar, wonder what he’s called?]

Race: Monster

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): Judging from the cone he’s wearing, he must of belonged to somebody at some point. Perhaps he was an early escapee at the lab, or maybe he was a pet of the scientists? Who can tell? 
Personality: Almost like a stray dog. Almost always aggressive to new things, but with patience and care he can become a friendly little cottenball. But don’t touch him. Pets and treats are the only exception. If you disobey this rule, you’ll get a nasty bite.
Appearance: A small leafy dragon like creature with no arms. He wears a cone of shame around his neck, and the remains of some chain around his right leg. His legs are small and webbed to his body, and the point of this is a mystery.

Picture here

What..png

Strengths:  Physically strong. A Strong mouth and sharp teeth. Perfect for chomping on sweets, fruits, and foes! Quite fast too. Is a monster, and may be able to get along with others if opted too. And, despite not having a nose, he has an amazing grasp on smell, and can sniff out foes before they jump out! Can talk…kind of.
Weaknesses: Is a monster. Quite dumb and gullible. Can’t pick up things. Has to lean over to get over the cone of shame to bite. It’s possible for him to forget about relationships when a big amount of food appears, in which he will go into “everyone for himself mode”. Of course, he’ll remember eventually. Let’s just hope the food lasts long enough for that to happen. And his tail is quite sensitive. Not the greatest at English either.
Etc:

@RyanandLink Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Xinn Eques    

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): ISTHISWIPORASECRETIDK

Personality: 

- Rough, brave, cheerful, hard to take seriously, loves lame jokes

Appearance:              

Very large- around 2 meters tall. Dark tan skin colour with blonde hair. Right eye is blind and as a scar running through it.

20161207_005556.jpg

(Will probably make better picca with less unfinishedness) 

Strengths:                                        

She's very large, pretty strong and knows the most gruesome ways around an axe  

Because of her armour and a good base pain tolerance, she's able to take a hit or two.

Weaknesses: 

She's very untactical when it comes to fighting. 

Frustration tends to happen when brute force isn't the way to go.

^Will update this a few times probably with better thingsss balances adds forgets

@Chris1488 Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Tim Finnegan

Race: Human

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): Tim couldn't care much about the war outside. He liked to keep to himself and his inventions in his tiny, cramped home. That was, until the missiles hit the city, destroying everything he loved and made. He barely made it out, but everything he had was gone. Even his mechanical arm short-circuited, doggoneit. The only thing he managed to save was his WIP invention at the time, a 3 ft tall, hulking spider. After crawling out of the rubble of the city, Tim saw a golden dragon fly overhead, carrying a person. These were the only other people that Tim could find at the time, so he made his way out of the city and started his journey.

Personality: Eccentric, nervous around monsters, inventive

Appearance: 

>20 years old 

>Lanky, 6 ft tall 

>Has scorched, messy, oily black hair 

>Wears a navy blue, buttoned trench coat with a dirty, white t-shirt, black trousers and a pair of steampunk-like goggles resting around his neck

Strengths: 

>Tim invented a mechanical arm for himself after losing his left one after a failed experiment, though many would assume it would be from the war at first. The arm had the ability to unfold into a variety of tools and weapons before the missile struck. Currently, it's useless. It doesn't even function as an arm unless Tim can get ahold of some intact metal and gears.

>Has a WIP mechanical spider, but it still needs some work before it can function, and Tim needs his arm to function to control it.

>Can tinker with scrap metal found to create an assortment of things. 

Weaknesses: 

>Is actually very sensitive about other's opinions on his inventions. Be nice.

>Inventions more than half the time backfire in Tim's face. Stand back while he's working!

>Currently, his mech arm is dead weight. He can't even remove it unless done so by force. It'll hurt.

Etc: Is British

@Sketched_Philo Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Mandragora

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): (Will be revealed as RP goes on)
Personality:  Very impulsive. Also has a bit of a defiant streak. Otherwise, she gets easily excited and curious about the things she doesn’t understand.
Appearance:

http://philothesketched.deviantart.com/art/Lilligant-648719225

She carries a cake cutting knife on her at all times. She stands at a mere 3 feet tall.

Strengths:

-Knows how to wield a cake cutting knife (…for many purposes).

-Can accurately determine the state of soil after careful observation.

-Good at hiding, especially in forest areas and among plants.
Weaknesses:

-Due to having no clothes or garments, she will only be able to carry a single item in her inventory.

-Has no fingers. Her appendages can fold to grasp, but she’ll have trouble with anything that requires complex handling.

-Both as a result of her size and her oddly shaped “feet”, she is a little slower than a human.

Etc: As she is indeed, a plant, Mandragora needs to remain fertilized to keep her steady. If she goes for too long without eating fertilizer (manure, fertile soil, and such) she will gradually lose her cool and turn uncooperative and violent. Also sleeps partially buried in the soil, leaving only her flower exposed to catch the moonlight.

Sleep Powder(Not magical)

Mandragora can release a cloud of bluish-green dust  at  a creature to put it to sleep(so long as the creature in question can indeed sleep). Larger creatures will probably not be sedated completely from one cloud.

@Mr.P Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Markus “The Hunter”

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.):

After the inevitable fallout that was created after the beasts escaped some people took it to themselves to hunt the creatures for different reasons. Fun, the thrill of the hunt or in Markus case revenge.

Having his entire family get killed by the beasts he swore that he will exterminate every last one of them. He accepted that his body would be implanted with heavily experimental implants. Due to that Markus right eye and left arm have been replaced with cybernetic implants ontop of a few minor things like reflex booster to help him hunt the beasts.

Now where his revenge filled way will lead him only fate knows.

Personality: Markus is a loner preferring to work alone. That doesn’t mean he won’t accept help hunting the beasts but he’s more likely to shove people aside to deal with his prey by himself.

He does however massively care for kids and other younger folks going into full on protection mode if children are endangered.

Appearance: Markus is a middle aged man wearing a cloak and combat armor. His right eye and his left arm have been replaced by cybernetic implants helping him on his hunt.

He carries a sword, an assault rifle and an experimental harpoon gun with him using them as weapons against the beasts.

Strengths:

-       Cybernetic Implants: Markus implants help him in multiple ways. His arms increases his strength allowing him to lift and throw things a human would not be able to. His eye allows tactical scanning of the area, heat vision and telescopic view. He also has some minor ones like reflex boosters allowing him to react faster than a normal human if needed.

-       Hunter: Markus knows how to hunt the beasts meaning he knows a thing or two about killing them.

Weaknesses:

-       Experimental: Markus implants might be powerful but also highly experimental and prone to malfunction if not maintained properly.

-       Loner: Markus prefers to hunt alone. He’ll still allows others to join him on his hunts but he prefers to keep his hunts to himself.

@Battal Accepted

Spoiler

Name: Olives

Race: Wyvern

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine. Olives was created just like the rest of the monsters, and his history is pretty much the same.

Personality: Olives is sort of a jerk, especially to humans, but he’s not exactly dangerous.  Probably.  He can be pretty easily manipulated by food, but gets grouchy if he’s too hungry.  It’s hard to tell what he thinks or feels, since he’s completely mute and doesn’t emote much.  Has a tendency to eat people’s pets.

Appearance:

Olives.png

About as long as a school bus, from head to tail.  His body shape is more comparable to a snake’s than a lizards, as in the majority of it is neck and tail..

Strengths: Being part snake, Olives is very poisonous.  He has no teeth, though; his venom is injected through spines in his tendrilous tail.  The poison is not deadly, but it is paralytic, which comes in handy when eating things.  He can also constrict prey in a vicelike grip.

Weaknesses: He doesn’t have a whole lot of poison; it takes a lot of energy to make the stuff.  Usually, he can only inject one or two things at a time.  Furthermore, he’s a bit overconfident and tends to bite off more than he can chew.  Olives also cannot chew due to his mouth shape, lack of teeth, and general snakey-ness.

Etc: He has a collar reading his name wrapped around his neck.

I would prefer human characters but you can PM me if you want to discuss a non-human character.

Name it "Of Monsters And Men" :p

Just kidding, it's hard to come up with a fitting title for a RP so losely defined. For all I know, this could almost be the intro to DogHouse. :)

It's hard to consider those monsters as generally bad if the only one you mentioned so far is good and friendly.

Does this incident have a name?

6 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Name it "Of Monsters And Men" :p

Just kidding, it's hard to come up with a fitting title for a RP so losely defined. For all I know, this could almost be the intro to DogHouse. :)

It's hard to consider those monsters as generally bad if the only one you mentioned so far is good and friendly.

Does this incident have a name?

Lol :p

Nah, these monsters aren't civilized like they are in DH. They're more feral.

Well I could have added Sunrider protecting me from some other monster but I was just writing down ideas off the top of my head. I did have an idea to write the intro part from Sunrider's POV but I don't think it'll work in an RP.

Well as it states in the intro post, after the bombings it was called (well I called it) the fall of humanity but that's more of a historic event than an RP title. It's an apocalyptic world plagued by monsters, that's all I know :/

Application Sheet:
Please notify me of any issues!

Spoiler

Name: Maurice "The Madman" Russell

History (Recording recently after the incident):

What the... what on earth happened? There I was, just driving around in the city, doing my usual journalist stuff, when suddenly hooters go off everywhere. Couldn't think about what to do 'cause there came a huge... botfly... anglerfish... thing at me. For whatever reason it locked onto my car and wouldn't let loose, but at least that beast didn't go 90 mph. Well, of course I was low on fuel right then of all times, so it caught up at the suburbs. There were soldiers and helicopters 'n' such everywhere along the way, trying to shoot that thing down. No use. I couldn't exactly tell how it evaded certain death, if the bullets just bounced of or if it dodged somehow, if the wounds healed faster than they came or just didn't make a difference to it.

All I know for certain is that I barely got into somebody's garage and prayed to god that the monster couldn't simply burst through the thin walls. It made short shrift of the car before I managed to lock the door. A woman yelled at me, knowing very well that I didn't care about anything other than surviving that horror. Then the roof collapsed. She was gone, I stuck under some rubble, that thing oozing just above me.

Whatever that substance was, it felt like death. Mostly 'cause I had flashbacks to all kinds of stuff, the kind of thing said to happen near death. Then I thought I saw a light, literally going to die that moment. But the light must have been some kind of explosion, maybe there are other survivors who know more. Anyways, the beast dropped on me in shock or for whatever other reason, barely not crushing me more than the ceiling did already. That's why I think I prevailed, it must have soaked up the immediate damage, just like the bullets.

When I woke up, there was not much of the monster left. Some scavenger found me and the remains of that woman... Who knew an act of desperation could be so haunting in hindsight? The scavenger assured me I wouldn't ever be hungry again... We are heading to an outpatient clinic right now, for one to treat my injuries, but also because something about him is very wrong. I don't know what it is or if he'll make it.

Personality:
Rather inquiring and thoughtful; Likes to play with phrasing, but not particularly good at it;
Doesn't hesitate to break laws and social norms if there's no way around it; Usually finds such a way, though;
Dislikes getting bribed with money, but bribes others sometimes;
Was officially christian, but not really, until the monsters got loose; Now tries to stay sane using the bible, but unable to read it for long enough;

Appearance:
slightly chubby; chinstrap  (becomes full-on lincoln when stressed for too long); fingerlong hair, kempt straight back; usually wears vest and trousers; bead-less necklace (under shirt); limps a bit;
russell.png

Strengths:

• Photographic memory (not everything)
  • Good at understanding speech through distortion

Weaknesses:

• Occasionally actual perception merges with imagination (usually direct memories)
  • Takes some things too literal, others too figurative
  • May accuse you of faking emission values

Spoiler

Name: Luma Elizabeth Caesar

Race: Human, though some liked to think otherwise even before the incident.

History:

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #42. Written by CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

It's a hellhole outside, and it surprises me that this building is still standing. As of now, I am locked up in the lab with CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR and we are making progress on Research Project 990913, which is better described in Entry #388 of Volume #236. I'm afraid that if we don't work, we might just go insane. If we do, please do not judge us. You don't know how loud the crawling can be.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #46. Written by CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

We might have accidentally given a rat some brain cancer. Something keeps banging at the door, and CODENAME: LEECHER will not let me open it. If anyone dies because of this, the fault is hers.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #47. Written by CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

Whatever that rat was given, it's definitely not cancer, or at least not any recorded kind of it. The subject doesn't move, but doesn't appear to be dead either. There is a huge swelling above its left eye. CODENAME: LEECHER is currently going through past journal volumes in search of similar events. The banging has stopped.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #50. Written by CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

This shouldn't be happening. Why is this happening? It has been a few hours since CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR noticed the swelling, and the growing hasn't stopped since. If this keeps going, the skin tissue will soon be torn. We would be getting hungry, but this is gross enough that it kills our appetites.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #52. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

Lucy is vomiting. I might soon get around to doing so. We have dropped the codename idiocy. This is gross. The skin tissue was torn, alright, and a mushroom sprouted out of it. As if that was not enough, the mushroom is moving around the glass container we kept the rat in, stretching and bending its stem. Looks to be studying its surroundings. Lucy has stopped vomiting.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #55. Written by Lucy, CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

More toadstools have sprouted, and even more swellings have appeared. We can only conclude that whatever this is, it can spread. To make matters worse, the rat is walking. Languidly, but walking. Luma decided to name it Baxter. It's a good name.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #58. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

All observed swellings have sprouted mushrooms, and no new ones can be identified. Lucy does not want to look at it. I am fascinated. The mushrooms are pushing against the container's lid, and I have promptly locked it. Does it want to get out, or is it just mindlessly doing this?

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #67. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

The mushrooms are acting frustrated, violently ramming against the lid. Lucy hates the noise, and is covering her ears with her head between her knees. She has turned pale and I suspect it is because of low blood pressure. There is food in the lab, but she won't eat.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #72. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

The thing sees, and I believe it's through Baxter's eyes. As I approached to move the glass container from the table to the sink, it stopped moving completely, but the eyes followed my movement. As I grabbed it and moved it, the thing thrashed. I almost dropped it. Lucy would never forgive me if that happened. She is now eating a banana, but still won't talk.

Excerpt from the Villaroel University's Biological Center Lab Journals, Volume #237, Entry #78. Written by Luma, CODENAME: LEECHER. After the incident. Precise date not recorded.

The mushrooms smashed the lid and slowly started to make their way out. We could have tried to burn it but neither of us wanted to get close to that thing. I suggested going outside and locking the thing in. Lucy did not appreciate the idea and preferred drinking cyanide. I don't blame her, but I am getting out of here. This is the last that will be recorded in these journals. If this is ever found, remember our names: Luma Elizabeth Caesar, CODENAME: LEECHER. Lucy Fear Plath, CODENAME: MORNINGSTAR.

Personality:

• Coy, unassertive, paranoid;
  • Relies heavily on her friends and colleagues;
  • Not above lying and faking illness to get what she wants;
  • Incredibly difficult to abhor or anger;
  • Likes making others feel good;
  • Favourite tarot card is The Hanged Man;
  • Hates bananas.

Appearance:

• Short and skinny;
  • Sleek, short and at times greasy black hair;
  • Wears a plague doctor mask to hide severe facial burns; *
  • Likes to use striped black and white shirts and yellow silk sweatpants;
  • Commonly also wears an overcoat with lots of interior pockets to carry herbs and other compounds, as well as scalpels, syringes and test tubes;
  • Carries a cane with a concealed short black blade;
  • Mostly walks barefoot or with flip-flops.

Strengths:

• Very smart;
  • Tidy;
  • Psychologically strong;
  • Possesses encyclopedic knowledge of chemistry and biology;
  • Able to craft poisons, bombs and drugs (medicinal or not), given the necessary materials;
  • Quick reaction times;
  • High self-esteem when masked;
  • Knows the basics of fencing;
  • Amazing at untying knots;
  • Surprisingly can tap dance.

Weaknesses:

• Thinks she is smarter than she actually is;
  • Lazy;
  • Not athletic;
  • Limps, but the cane helps;
  • Physically weak;
  • Situationally untrustworthy;
  • Sight is somewhat hindered by the plague doctor mask;
  • Tends to take command of things but not be able to hold it.

* Will take it off for eating and drinking, activities she will avoid doing next to her peers.

1 minute ago, Youknowwho said:

Quick question, what time period is this in? I don't wanna accidentally be an odd man out

Helicopters, cities, mass destruction missiles, genetical engineering... pretty sure this is the present time with some minor alterations in technological advance.

4 hours ago, Youknowwho said:

Quick question, what time period is this in? I don't wanna accidentally be an odd man out

4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Helicopters, cities, mass destruction missiles, genetical engineering... pretty sure this is the present time with some minor alterations in technological advance.

Yes but more of an alternate timeline. War and fantasy as @Mr.P describes the genre.

On 29/11/2016 at 2:08 PM, Battal said:

I really want to participate but I don't have any ideas for characters at the moment.  I'll try to think of some!

Tall, barrel-chested, green skin and has antenna like ears.

Dislikes: people in his swamp

6 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I'll probably stalk this once it starts to get a feel for it.

Well even Mobb said I should add more to it. Not sure how to though without spoilers (wait is it considered spoilers if it's the intro of the RP itself? Well I need something to put in the intro post other than "alright go" :/ )

Nope, if it's at the beginning it's not spoilers.  It's information you want us to have about the world and story before we get into it.  So if you feel there's extra details or lore you want to add, there's where you should do it.

29 minutes ago, Battal said:

Nope, if it's at the beginning it's not spoilers.  It's information you want us to have about the world and story before we get into it.  So if you feel there's extra details or lore you want to add, there's where you should do it.

I added a bit more to the intro post. I hope this helps.

Spoiler

Name: _____ [He has no collar, wonder what he’s called?]

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): Judging from the cone he’s wearing, he must of belonged to somebody at some point. Perhaps he was an early escapee at the lab, or maybe he was a pet of the scientists? Who can tell? 
Personality: Almost like a stray dog. Almost always aggressive to new things, but with patience and care he can become a friendly little cottenball. But don’t touch him. Pets and treats are the only exception. If you disobey this rule, you’ll get a nasty bite.
Appearance: A small leafy dragon like creature with no arms. He wears a cone of shame around his neck, and the remains of some chain around his right leg. His legs are small and webbed to his body, and the point of this is a mystery.

Picture here

What..png

Strengths:  Physically strong. A Strong mouth and sharp teeth. Perfect for chomping on sweets, fruits, and foes! And on top of that, he can eat most things, even if they are poisoned or irradiated! Quite fast too. Is a monster, and may be able to get along with others if opted too. And, despite not having a nose, he has an amazing grasp on smell, and can sniff out foes before they jump out! Can talk…kind of.
Weaknesses: Is a monster. Quite dumb and gullible. Can’t pick up things. Has to lean over to get over the cone of shame to bite. It’s possible for him to forget about relationships when a big amount of food appears, in which he will go into “everyone for himself mode”. Of course, he’ll remember eventually. Let’s just hope the food lasts long enough for that to happen. And his tail is quite sensitive. Not the greatest at English either.
Etc:

8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Edited the info. Now all character applications are included with tags. My characters have also been added.

Also I've been thinking of titles for this RP...

How about Survivors? Monster Fighters maybe?

Remainders?

Archived