Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

LoghikA

[Bug] Audio stops working and i can only hear crackling sounds

LoghikA    0

So i just bought the game yesterday and it always starts well and all but after a couple of minutes the in-game audio stops working. Every sound get "overwritten" by this static/crackling sound. It sounds like a dying speaker. I searched everywhere and i cant find anyone with the same problem.

My PC's sound works fine on every other game i have. The problem persists on headphones, bluetooth and speakers.

Some general information:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GH

Linux Mint 17 Qiana (64 bit)
Kernel Version:  3.13.0-24-generic

Driver:  NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 765M/PCIe/SSE2

8GB of RAM

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SQNoname    11

I am also Linux (Ubuntu 14.10) and I have the same problem occasionally, mainly in Don't Starve, but lately also had it when launching FTL. It always happens when starting  the game though, and usually disappears after a few seconds or when I restart. After FTL however I had to restart to make sound work again at all, even outside the game.

Some others occasionally reported the same problem on Linux. All that makes me think it's not a problem of the game itself but with the sound drivers on Linux. The best solution I have found so far is here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/322330/discussions/0/361787186438741536/

Hope it helps.

Stabli    0

I experience this issue with Invisible Inc and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Probably all Klei games have this annoying issue.

Running Pulseaudio 9.0-2ubuntu2.1.