Pyr0's 120° corner

I usually make one of these topics on the occasion that I get active in a game community, because of the plethora of odd bugs I tend to find...
But DST's bugs are hiding from me.
So.
ART THREAD.
Mostly art, anyway. And mostly DST. Enough to make this the most appropriate section.

Look at what you've made me do. You and your not-bugs.

Any new stuff will be archived in this post.

Reskins:

Spoiler

Reskins(?):

Spoiler

Lineup (Topic).png

Lineup (Kitty).png

Axe Chainsaw Skin:
(@Ninjanemo)

Spoiler

Lineup (Chainsaw).png

Ancient Tunic/Circlet:
(@Aileen-Rose)

Spoiler

Lineup.png

Meat Effigies:
(@ExtollerOfTrolls)

Spoiler

Lineup.png

[Placeholder because sometimes the forum is buggy and I might need a placeholder.]

Memes are apparently a section now??:

Spoiler

Dragon-chan:
(@CaptainChaotica)

Spoiler

SENPAI.png.31ef01a5fe56a05e7b3179365a7cd

Metheus stuff (SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY):

Spoiler

The page count blew up really quickly.

Thursday.png

Everything is connected to the moon.

MOONS.png

A delicious new reign.

A delicious new reign.png

Something something Winona.

Choo choo.png

The grand finale!

Panel 1.png

Panel Charlie.png

Super special first post bonus just for you because I love you (:

Panel Hype.png

Also WINONA PLAES

I like the twins:

Spoiler

Abigail's day out.

5938cda648826_NormalDayWithAbigail.thumb.png.3885f60d8fcb0b27976fb07ef78e5e79.png

carol emote spam

5a44df5098ddb_fiedorraBWAAAAAAAGGGHHHH.thumb.png.f874cb21e031472d64590b16501fb3a3.png

[Hello up there, fellow placeholder!]

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
Hail to the Shadow Queen.
  • Like 13

Hehe, yea, just wanted to get the topic started to store all of this stuff in one place and thought it'd be a good time with that chainsaw axe being made.
And I'm kind of hoping to get more attention so someone can help make our re-skin mod stop misbehaving.

And by probably I meant definitely, I just like being vague. That way I'M ALWAYS RIGHT.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

*sees the meat effigies* 

WAIT ONLY THE GIRLS HAVE TO WEAR SKIRTS?...

Reveal hidden contents

dNVvntX.gif?noredirect

In all seriousness, why do some have foot bones, and straw hair, while others do not? Seems like a big inconsistency, but I understand Webber's stubby hands. 

Crap, I drew them wrong. Design error, my bad. However, the hair I did for Wendy and Willow because the have the longest, and it isn't stiff, like Wickerbottom's.

For Woodie, I just did pine needles for his personality.

• Like 4

It actually wouldn't be too hard to normalize that Meat Effigy meat-bone thing when implementing them, if someone wants to help out on the code/showingmehowthehellthatanimfileworks side. They're all separate pieces, those are just mock-ups based on Extol's original drawings.
Absolutely willing to learn the Spritering myself, I just need to know how this thing is actually being implemented to have a better idea of how to do it.

16 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I love how Wilson's Meat Effigy is the only smiley one XD

Death's just another experiment!

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
  • Like 2

the layout of some of this game's graphics make me want to tear my hair out especially the axe swinging one seriously WHICH WAY IS UP I NEED A CAT AAAGH

I made some things.
Here, have some things.

atlas-0.pngatlas-0.png

atlas-0.pngatlas-0.png

atlas-0.pngatlas-0.png

Guest of Honor, Survivor (there ya go @Arlesienne), and Triumphant, respectively.
she a kyute

AGAIN IF ANYONE WANTS THESE IN THE GAME WE NEED TROUBLESHOOTING HALP FOR THE MOD (this one)

Lucy didn't get to participate in the Halloween festivities, so here's something for Lucy:

atlas-0.pngatlas-0.png

catcoons were harmed in the making of this skin

Updated collective image, now with 100% more dubstep:

Spoiler

For this topic:

Spoiler

Item Lineup (Topic).png

For the mod's Steam page (here's where you're tagged @EsaiXD)

Spoiler

Item Lineup.png

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
The beginning of something quite horrible.
  • Like 6

I have a habit of doing a lot of small edits after making a post. It's like a game of spot the difference. Pay no mind to the edit notes.

Went ahead and updated the preview images. Since the transparency's gone as a result, I added a zip file of all the finished stuff so people can experiment if they want to. Also included PSD's and some resources in case anyone wants to get an idea of how this has been done so far/try themselves.
For manual drawing/editing, I mostly use 1-pixel brush at 75% or 25% opacity. If you try to copy the method, make sure to add occasional random extended strokes to emulate hand-drawing.

Here it is.

...since nothing there is really new, have an accidental expression from an old (OLD) character mod I decided not to finish because the character was way too much of an in joke to make sense to outsiders (that and I couldn't really match Klei's style at the time).

the hell kind of expression.png

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
While we're here, anyone noticed the title joke yet?
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

...since nothing there is really new, have an accidental expression from an old (OLD) character mod I decided not to finish because the character was way too much of an in joke to make sense to outsiders (that and I couldn't really match Klei's style at the time).

Have you seen Tencent's romantic partners mod?! :wilson_ecstatic:

On 11/11/2016 at 2:56 PM, Arlesienne said:

On top of this being utterly imbalanced and making no sense in the context of DST whatsoever, I saw the style of the thing and something died in me.

Children dear, compare and contrast these two!

Kibi-fxxsmic6036686.jpg

You can click the arrow in quotations to check the thread out.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2016 at 5:29 PM, Pyr0mrcow said:

I usually make one of these topics on the occasion that I get active in a game community, because of the plethora of odd bugs I tend to find...
But DST's bugs are hiding from me.

7A13EF8ED5B4ED84ED3E6308853A1EBB10F34232

TOPIC'S OVER, EVERYBODY GO HOME

• Like 1

Jk.
Witness the horror.

On 11/22/2016 at 8:16 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Haha! Wow, that's amazing.  I once got Deerclops to spawn next to Dragonfly by _accident_...but I was already low health so I just got the heck out of there rather than stick around to see what happened.  I assume Dragon-chan smacked down Clopsy but good, but I didn't come back to that desert until spring so I don't know.

Dragon-chan

SENPAI.png

@CaptainChaotica THIS IS YOUR FAULT

It's just a screenshot edit, but the process let me test a couple things. It might be a full reskin sometime in the future?
Also just noticed how small Dfly's legs are, since I had to fondle them with a pen tool. This is why you don't skip Leg Day. THEM ARMS THO

In other news...Kitty Lucy and other Halloween variations might be implemented in our reskin mod. WHICH IS ACTUALLY STARTING TO WORK NOW.
And those Meat Effigies, if we can come up with a good way to do that (@ExtollerOfTrolls I'll let ya know when/if we do...also, if that is the case, would you be interesting in drawing up the remaining heads?).

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
YOU DON'T SKIP LEG DAY
  • Like 4

Hah! And I just made up "Dragon-chan" at random.  : P  Oh, god, can you imagine her as a yandere?  HOO boy!  Not only kills you, but burns down your entire block if you piss her off!   (Well, that and I've been playing Willow lately.  The Dragonfly _is_ kinda her spirit animal.)

Now I'm wondering who the hell the equivalent of Kokona Haruka (aka "Boobs McKenzie" according to Markliplier) would be--the spring giant whose name this forum won't let me type the way I want?  (cracks up)

(I'm also loving the Lucy costumes.  Hee.  Also WX's high levels of dapperness in the "Dragon-Chan" picture.)

(and I am also a member of the way-too-frequent-edits club.  : P)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 2

Honestly (if I do end up fleshing this out at some point) I was already planning on making it go yandere as a replacement for enraged mode. Might even change the uniform to match Ayano. And give it her hair??

Edited by Pyr0mrcow