[MOD] Advanced Guard Protocol

Assault Enforcers have been removed, Inspectors have been added.
Assaults and Elite Assaults have short vision.
System Admins now are a separate toggle.
Added an option to rebalance the Validate Daemon.
Guards with 135 degree peripheral vision now have larger lookaround vision.
Omni killers now carry normal grenades.
Fixed drones with Boosted Reactors not going as far as they were supposed to.
Prototype Security have only 1 firewall when spawning through an elevator.
Drones spawned by Engineers now carry power and have less firewalls.

I totally burned out on numbers of new guards for now: emptiness in a head about how to combine parts or trying to think of something new happened, so I started to leave it for yesterday, it goes in a loop and there still done nothing

so I uploaded those 3 that were done at least so they can be used as named or differently

Advanced protocols 2.zip

Added art for Sprinters and Assault, as well as other tweaks and bug fixes.

No new guards this update, because I have lots of okay ideas but none that I'm completely happy with. I dunno, do you guys have any suggestions for an ftm or sankaku guard?

1 hour ago, Cyberboy2000 said:

A have made new art for the Elite Sharpshooter.

Hide contents

3ktweZQ.jpg

I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out. Much better than the Elite Interferer. Recap icon is also included.

I like it. Maybe you actually want to use the idea of making the Tier one kinds of guard wearing simple/clean uniforms while tier 2 wears mixed colors/mixed combinations to show that tier 2 are prototypes wich are stronger, as it gives the player a fast way of knowing how threadening an enemy is. Regarding new guards, let me think about some of my ideas, maybe something useful is there (I mostly designed neutral guards which can appear on every level, though). One idea is a kind of Swat team that has a drone (maybe unhackable?) and 2-3 guards which can spawn if you create an early alarm and wait to long to get out. The idea is that the drone is the scout and the swat scatters around the level. As soon as the drone detects an agent, it notifyes the erst of the team and since they come from different directions, it gets harder to avoid.

2 minutes ago, HumanKirby said:

I like it. Maybe you actually want to use the idea of making the Tier one kinds of guard wearing simple/clean uniforms while tier 2 wears mixed colors/mixed combinations to show that tier 2 are prototypes wich are stronger, as it gives the player a fast way of knowing how threadening an enemy is. Regarding new guards, let me think about some of my ideas, maybe something useful is there (I mostly designed neutral guards which can appear on every level, though). One idea is a kind of Swat team that has a drone (maybe unhackable?) and 2-3 guards which can spawn if you create an early alarm and wait to long to get out. The idea is that the drone is the scout and the swat scatters around the level. As soon as the drone detects an agent, it notifyes the erst of the team and since they come from different directions, it gets harder to avoid.

Come to think about it, the chest of the Sharpshooter looks a bit washed out doesn't it? Maybe I still need to change it after all. I'm still not as good as Shirsh at this apparently haha.

The idea of using a drone as a scout for a human guard was one I had early on too. I ended up making the Drone Engineer fill that role. The PSI was also developed around the concept of two guards being connected.

If you look at the files there are actually some guards I considered for the last update. I left them out because I thought they were too similar to existing guards.

I have a bug for you:

Spoiler

Sim returned:
game/sim/simunit.lua:57: SYSTEM ADMIN

stack traceback:
        [C] in function 'assert'
        game/sim/simunit.lua:57 in function 'getID'
        game/sim/btree/situation.lua:8 in function 'hasUnit'
        game/sim/aiplayer.lua:569 in function 'findExistingFleeSituation'
        game/sim/aiplayer.lua:576 in function 'createOrJoinFleeSituation'
        game/sim/aiplayer.lua:299 in function 'updateSenses'
        AdvancedGuardProtocol/aiplayer.lua:143 in function 'tickBrain'
        game/sim/aiplayer.lua:417 in function 'thinkHard'
        game/sim/engine.lua:2109 in function 'applyAction'
        game/client/states/state-game.lua:362 in function <game/client/states/state-game.lua:359>

Reverted back with debug menu, here's situation right before ending turn:

Before.png

And here's hangup:

Bug.png

I got myself into a big mess, there are several guards alerted. Ghost (it's Plastech) cloaked, Admin got alerted and teleported out on the same turn.

Found another bug, but it might be not related to AGP:

Spoiler

File not found: nil
stack traceback:
        [C] in function 'GetResource'
        game/client/gameplay/agentrig.lua:1661 in function 'onEnter'
        game/client/gameplay/unitrig.lua:701 in function 'transitionUnitState'
        game/client/gameplay/agentrig.lua:659 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/unitrig.lua:590 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/agentrig.lua:2097 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/boardrig.lua:1064 in function 'old_onSimEvent'
        AdvancedGuardProtocol/boardrig.lua:92 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/viz_manager.lua:21 in function 'fn'
        game/client/gameplay/viz_manager.lua:291 in function <game/client/gameplay/viz_manager.lua:289>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Param type mismatch at position 2: expected a 'userdata' but got a 'nil'
stack traceback:
        [C] in function 'bindBuild'
        game/client/gameplay/agentrig.lua:1661 in function 'onEnter'
        game/client/gameplay/unitrig.lua:701 in function 'transitionUnitState'
        game/client/gameplay/agentrig.lua:659 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/unitrig.lua:590 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/agentrig.lua:2097 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/boardrig.lua:1064 in function 'old_onSimEvent'
        AdvancedGuardProtocol/boardrig.lua:92 in function 'onSimEvent'
        game/client/gameplay/viz_manager.lua:21 in function 'fn'
        game/client/gameplay/viz_manager.lua:291 in function <game/client/gameplay/viz_manager.lua:289>

Happened while Decker zapped Drone Engineer during Sleep daemon induced skipover, as a result its icon never goes away and Seed discount persists. To me this looks like missing animation, but I'm probably wrong.

invisibleinc.txt

savegame.lua

Support Drones will now attack agents in sight by shooting grenades at them.
KO Overloader has been renamed to Feedback Overloader. It can now trigger when the guard is killed, but it also causes the guard to be ko for longer if the damage dealt to him is less than the damage dealt by the overloader itself.

Fixed Support Drones playing the wrong sound when the New Items and Augments mod is installed.
Fixed Interferers crashing when killed.

Also, feel free to discuss the mod on our Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/aQrXEse

Update: Improved Sprinter portrait, added Assault portrait, fixed the On Guard trait sometimes being visible after the guard got alerted, patrol changes, scans and guards communicating no longer raise suspiciousness, and fixed crash in the case that there are no empty cells next to a guard that another guard is communicating with.

Archived