<default>'s winter-themed reskins (and more)

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

it shouldn't act at a lightning rod, that would let WX mass-store overcharge. Instead, I suggest it only works when worn, but can hold the other two lightning strikes Wickerbottom's The End Is Night causes.

Hmm, point taken.

The Lightning Rod part was added because when I play WX it's most of the time either an empty server or a server with no Wickerbottom or with a very newbie Wicker around. I hate RNG in games, and lightning strikes having a chance to miss me is a load of crap.

So how about this:

- WX Expansion Pack:

*acts as a backpack, can store up to 2 overcharges. Overcharges can be stored in it, but decay while Expansion Pack is unequipped (4x slower than WX's overcharge decay rate);

*Sparks pop up from it from time to time, indicating that some of the electricity is lost.

*Lights on the top of Pack represent current charge. Gem lights up if there's a second charge stored.

And a 'quality of life' change for WX:

- Lightning Goat Horn:

* can be equipped as a handslot item from now on (17 damage, unlimited uses - to leave it stackable);

* acts as a Lightning Rod while equipped.

Edited by PanAzej
I forgot that giving the Horn uses would exclude it from being stackable
  • Like 4

New updaaates!!!

On 11/22/2016 at 11:56 PM, PanAzej said:

Glad you like it! Willow is going to get something new as well. All characters will be able to get something special, just for them.

pigfallo.jpg

Even more content! Reskins of Pig King, Pigman and Obelisks.

Beefalo Bell - uses Saddle slot. While equipped: the Beefalo doesn't lose loyalty. Breaks after few days.

...HOGFATHER!!!

shs0194a.gif

Is it really only me to be excited like heck?!1₩

On 11/25/2016 at 5:26 PM, PanAzej said:

newupdate1321.jpg

pardon the jojo reference, i couldn't resist

The ugly sweater from this one aunt everybody has...

On 11/25/2016 at 11:09 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Wilson, stop standing around looking pretty and help Willow XD

I could also stand around and look pretty if you prefer.

Who recognises the quote?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Or the Exp. pack simply increases WX-78's chance to get struck by thunder.

I think I should just scrap this idea altogether and make something different.

7 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Is it really only me to be excited like heck?!1₩

If you don't get excited over something you don't get let down by it! :V

worufgangu5000.jpg

The most overpowered item for the best character. Just look a them muscles! MAJESTIC.

• Like 5

On 11/22/2016 at 5:56 PM, PanAzej said:

pigfallo.jpg

Since Pig King acted as a great candy giver during Hallowed Nights, it'd be great to see him being a chairman of Holidays.

On 11/27/2016 at 7:59 AM, Arlesienne said:

shs0194a.gif...HOGFATHER!!!

Dammit, as a Discworld fan, I should've seen that coming. ariel ID face.png

On 11/23/2016 at 6:35 PM, PanAzej said:

lighterlucy.jpg

Willow's Lighter being replaced with a festive candle-mug is pretty ingenious. I'm getting some Disney Pinnochio
-style aesthetic from the design.

On 11/25/2016 at 11:26 AM, PanAzej said:

newupdate1321.jpgpardon the jojo reference, i couldn't resist

If that's a reference to Joseph's egotism, I can highly see it. :wilson_ecstatic:

On 11/27/2016 at 3:22 PM, PanAzej said:

worufgangu5000.jpg

This method of statuary building has been passed down the Wolfgang line for generations.

• Like 2

On 27.11.2016 at 11:18 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Is the statue wearing a grass tutu?

I'll change this part of the statue to look more like they were torn apart. I also want to make it that so hats can be equipped on Statue-Wolfgang's head, but we'll see how that turns out.

14 hours ago, rubidiumsart said:

and do you draw those traditionally?

Yup, a black pen and a piece of paper is what I use to draw these.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

If that's a reference to Joseph's egotism, I can highly see it. :wilson_ecstatic:

Well, it's just that I drew a fabulous Wilson in an over-the-top pose. I couldn't resist drawing Wolfgang-Stand behind him :V But this idea of yours makes it look like I actually put more thought into it, so my reply is: Yes.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

This method of statuary building has been passed down the Wolfgang line for generations.

*sparkles*

Okay, so here's the first piece of Elf Costume. I coded it already (Wolfgang's transformations and his arms glitching like crazy were a pain in the butt, but I succeeded, in a way).

elfcostume_willow.jpg

I made skirts invisible, because this way torso animation from the back doesn't look weird and I don't have to figure out how to check a part of skin name to make skin-skirts visible (pants/skirts are the same body part in skinner component).

But hey, if people don't like the fact that skirt is invisible, I can figure things out. Or maybe make an "elf version" of skirt visible only on females.

All opinions are welcome, as always.

tl;dr don't come to me and complain after this crap is finished

Edited by PanAzej
people make mistakes, mine was a typo
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

I'll change this part of the statue to look more like they were torn apart.

Ah sorry, I should has assumed it was his shirt >_<

Nice elf costume btw. The skirt could probably match the outfit if it was striped green and red but you've probably already tried that. Looking forward to seeing this finished :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ah sorry, I should has assumed it was his shirt >_<

Nah, that's okay, if you don't recognize it, that means more people wouldn't and that means I drew it badly and it has to be changed.

22 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

The skirt could probably match the outfit if it was striped green and red but you've probably already tried that

I'll try to do this in the later version. Atm I'm trying to make "Stylish" Sweater not look like crap in-game :V

grinchgreen.jpg

So, that's all of new reskins I'm introducing (outside of the rest of character-specific reskins that'll come later).

I have way too many ideas, but I have to stop somewhere. Here's where I draw the line.

Still, it'll be a pretty nice little mod that'll make your christmas DST experience a bit more 'festive'.

(inb4 no-mod-purists come and tell me to kill myself)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

:wilson_shocked:Kill... Wot? You alright, man?

Is joke.

sadwilson.jpg

I think I'll make few versions of the "Stylish Sweater", one of which will fit the Winter Hat's color scheme. Will take a while, but it'll be worth it, I guess.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Does it have any insulation?

It's a Dapper Vest reskin (that's what I planned but this may change, of course). Players will be able to "festivize" their vest with a new prototyper.

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If you're going to include stylish sweaters, don't forget the traditional ugly sweater meme as well.:wilson_ecstatic:

I'm not familiar with the meme. Is that some special kind of pattern, or is my sweater not ugly enough for ya? :p Also, it's not stylish, it's "stylish"!

wilson_blu.jpg

Sweater reskin incoming. And I've just discovered a bug with body parts. Gotta look into it.

• Like 6

wickerbook.jpg

Wickerbottom's book Spine-chilling Tales is in the game and working.

Freezes all freezable mobs in the area, freezes nearby ponds (for 12 seconds), freezes icebergs, puts out fires and lowers temperature of nearby players.

Freezes players only if PvP is enabled.

Craftable with 2 Papyrus, 1 Blue Gem and 4 Nightmare Fuel in the Festive Tab. Festive Tab can be accessed only during Winter, using the new prototyper, Festivizer (coming in near future).

3 uses. Consumes 50 sanity per use.

Edited by PanAzej
stats
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, PanAzej said:

wickerbook.jpg

Wickerbottom's book Spine-chilling Tales is in the game and working.

Freezes all freezable mobs in the area, freezes nearby ponds (for 12 seconds), freezes icebergs, puts out fires and lowers temperature of nearby players.

Freezes players only if PvP is enabled.

Craftable with 2 Papyrus, 1 Blue Gem and 4 Nightmare Fuel in the Festive Tab. Festive Tab can be accessed only during Winter, using the new prototyper, Festivizer (coming in near future).

3 uses. Consumes 50 sanity per use.

This'll be great to use with Dragonfly's lavaes!

Edited by mathem99
  • Like 1

On 2016-11-09 at 7:29 PM, PanAzej said:

Okay, so I'll be putting here some reskin ideas that may or may not make it into a mod.

Here's Spider Den/Spider/Spider Warrior/Spider Queen/Spider Hat reskins:

japonki.jpg

Pet Volt Goat concept:

baby_goat.png

What do you think? Are these good? Are these okay? Are these crap? Should I dump them and come up with new ones?

Woah! Looked through the whole thread and I must say I'm amazed. Your traditional works are sooo good. So much motion in the characters, so much weight in the lines. Keep it up! : D

I also loved the concept of a baby version of the volt goat though yours looked a bit like a miniature volt goat and not a proper baby.

Drew my version just to show you what I mean by that. Babies have incredibly big eyes and also are extremely fluffy with their horns being nothing but tiny stumps in their head. Liked the idea of unproportionally big ears so I kept them :D

goat.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rawsie said:

Drew my version just to show you what I mean by that. Babies have incredibly big eyes and also are extremely fluffy with their horns being nothing but tiny stumps in their head. Liked the idea of unproportionally big ears so I kept them :D

goat.png

Do you have a art thread...?

That's impressive! :wilson_shocked:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rawsie said:

Woah! Looked through the whole thread and I must say I'm amazed. Your traditional works are sooo good. So much motion in the characters, so much weight in the lines. Keep it up! : D

I also loved the concept of a baby version of the volt goat though yours looked a bit like a miniature volt goat and not a proper baby.

goat.png

Thanks!

That's a pretty neat redesign you've got there, I dig it!

The reason that my version of Pet Goat has long horns is because it's an old creature concept, which was a part of a mod I was going to make. Baby Volt Goat was supposed to be rideable, player would grab the horns while riding on it. It has a weird face expression because it was supposed to have pacifiers with varying effects that player could put in Goat's mouth.

But since I'm not that good at modding... Actually, more like "not good at using Spriter", since you can make the most amazing animation in Spriter, but when compiled and imported into the game it can get so glitchy it's not even funny.

Your version would fit as one of DST Pets that were added not too long ago, fits way better than mine, nice job!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Do you have a art thread...?

That's impressive! :wilson_shocked:

Woah! Thanks man! It's just a flat coloured sketch though, nothing complicated.

No, I currently don't, but I'm thinking about setting up one when I make enough don't starve art. I used to draw tons of fanart back in 2015 but most of it has aged quite badly.

14 hours ago, PanAzej said:

Thanks!

That's a pretty neat redesign you've got there, I dig it!

The reason that my version of Pet Goat has long horns is because it's an old creature concept, which was a part of a mod I was going to make. Baby Volt Goat was supposed to be rideable, player would grab the horns while riding on it. It has a weird face expression because it was supposed to have pacifiers with varying effects that player could put in Goat's mouth.

But since I'm not that good at modding... Actually, more like "not good at using Spriter", since you can make the most amazing animation in Spriter, but when compiled and imported into the game it can get so glitchy it's not even funny.

Your version would fit as one of DST Pets that were added not too long ago, fits way better than mine, nice job!

Thanks man. Your art is hella rad I absolutely love it! Gonna follow you for sure and keep an eye out for more stuff you create.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rawsie said:

Woah! Thanks man! It's just a flat coloured sketch though, nothing complicated.

No, I currently don't, but I'm thinking about setting up one when I make enough don't starve art. I used to draw tons of fanart back in 2015 but most of it has aged quite badly.

Maybe you could redraw some of them if you have time? Also, do you have a DeviantArt?

• Like 1