NightWonder7's Don't Starve Fan Art

Favourite skin sets?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Probably been asked a hundred times in this forum before, but which skin set(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

• Guest of Honor
    • Survivor
    • Triumphant
    • Costume
    • Gladiator
    • Roseate
    • Snowfallen
    • Verdant
    • Victorian
    • Magmatic
    • Hallowed Nights
    • Merrymaker
    • Year of The Pig King
    • Others

1 hour ago, vixenine said:

I know that feel. Rest when you really need it. Take care of your priorities. Go back drawing when you already feel that you're in the zone. You can't spontaneously do art if you force yourself. ;)

Just hold on to your ideas. I'm sure they would turn out a lot better with a well rested mind. #Takeiteasygurl #NoPressure.

Yeah, you're probably right : ) I'll see what I'll do.

• Like 2

OC - DS New.jpg

Pfffff! Maybe I should rename this thread to "NightWonder7's Don't Starve Fan Art but it's gradually being spammed with her OC Wayne"?

For real though, I promise that the next piece will be a cannon character ; )

So, I'm planning on showing my OCs to Tumblr eventually, but I didn't feel like I had the most presentable pieces in store, so some of them are getting new portraits/ref sheets. This one here is actually a redraw of the first piece I presented Wayne with (if you recall opening all those spoilers XD). I just didn't think the old one looked very much like how I draw Wayne now :B

And when I compare the new one with the old one, I honestly don't know how to react...

Spoiler

OC - DS.jpg

I mean, there are things I like with both versions, but the old one is sorta... old?

*Hasn't even been a year*

• Like 5

I think a lot of it has to deal with the fact he wasn't fully developed just yet. You had your basics but he wasn't entirely fleshed out. I find characters tend to change in appearance after drawing them many times and after I've in in a sense "gotten to know them better." Because once you know a character's personality and what they're like you can then capture it.

Plus art can change in a short amount of time for a character if you draw them a lot.  =D It's a good sign of growth. You've improved in emulating the DST style for his chibeh self and as for your style he seems less lanky and has a bit more of a confidant look. Like he's comfortable with himself. Either way he's still awesome and I'm always happy to see him. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vixenine said:

The old Wayne's face looks kinda gaunt like sort of a young father or something. Perhaps still use it as reference?

Haha it does XD I think I started to decide to give him a more round face after a while X) He wasn't the most well-fed kid in town.

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I see a great improvement (did big Wayne get tired of holding the shovel? XD )

Thank you! ;u; (The handle of his shovel was so thin it snapped the moment he used it, but luckily the DS-styled Wayne had a better shovel in store for the next picture XD)

4 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

I think a lot of it has to deal with the fact he wasn't fully developed just yet. You had your basics but he wasn't entirely fleshed out. I find characters tend to change in appearance after drawing them many times and after I've in in a sense "gotten to know them better." Because once you know a character's personality and what they're like you can then capture it.

Plus art can change in a short amount of time for a character if you draw them a lot.  =D It's a good sign of growth. You've improved in emulating the DST style for his chibeh self and as for your style he seems less lanky and has a bit more of a confidant look. Like he's comfortable with himself.

Yeah, I started noticing this tendency after a while XD

Indeed O.O You don't notice it until you look back on your older works >o>
And thank you! ;w;

6 hours ago, vixenine said:

I don't mind if you spam Wayne on a regular basis. XD

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Never stop drawing your OC.

5 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Either way he's still awesome and I'm always happy to see him. Keep up the good work.

I need to shake the feeling I get when I think I'm posting too many pieces of my OCs 8T Thank you for liking him! *u*

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Aileen-Rose said:

I'd start making up stories but I'm already getting hit in the feels by this image alone.

Poor nerd babeh needs a hug.

I was going for a more feel-y atmosphere here, yes. But just to throw in a theory that's gonna completely ruin the mood:

Spoiler

Not a distressed situation.png

I feel bad about doing this. Let's pretend this didn't actually happen XD.

Nevertheless; yeah, he needs a hug ^^

Edited by NightWonder7
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Aw, poor Wilson just wanted some meatballs. I'll be honest, the same thing's happened to me :p

If it was Wendy, I could have linked it to her quote for the heart.

The moment Wendy thought she can finally play with abigail

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

If it was Wendy, I could have linked it to her quote for the heart.

2 hours ago, vixenine said:

The moment Wendy thought she can finally play with abigail

Oh, I know which quote you're talking about : (

13 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Aw, poor Wilson just wanted some meatballs. I'll be honest, the same thing's happened to me :p

There were probably some semi-rare ingredients in that crock pot XD

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wilson, to make a souffle, you shouldn't smell it when it's being finished. :wilson_ecstatic:

I feel the new Wayne has more confidence in the piece.

Lots need to be learned by Warly :3

Perhaps ^_^ It was more or less unintentional, but it might be a subtle implication of his character evolving? : P I dunno.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

Oh, I know which quote you're talking about : (

There were probably some semi-rare ingredients in that crock pot XD

Perhaps ^_^ It was more or less unintentional, but it might be a subtle implication of his character evolving? : P I dunno.

All the related quotes are kinda sad. I've even seen some sad fanart of Wendy trying to revive her sister :<

Never use crop vegetables in the crock pot for meatballs XD (luckily I got smart crockpot so I know what I will get :p )

All our characters evolve over time, especially if we draw them a lot. Just recently, I added to Red's back story (though I swear each time that happens, it gets more tragic XD )

• Like 1

Speed of sound.jpg

Tried to recite a line from one of my favourite stand-up performances =P

Spoiler

Sorry, this looks really shabby >_< Pen is permanent, so there was no going back. That's why Wilson's speech bubble is on a separate sheet XD And I kinda wish I did the body language a little differently :I

• Like 4

On 6/23/2017 at 4:27 PM, NightWonder7 said:

The thing is that I will be away from my computer for a few weeks at the beginning of July. And after that I have no idea how much time I have to spare for making comics and digital art because of school preparations and such. 

I will be around, but I don't know how much time I will have to actually sit down and draw with good conscience. I really really want to put my ideas on paper and show you guys, but I just don't have the energy this week.

And that's pretty much what had happened to me (notice how late I am at quoting this).
And will continue to happen til the end of the month.
Yes, this is the obligatory "I'm sorta back but not really, but I'm alive and there won't be a second instance of leaving the forums, hopefully" post.

[insert obligatory creepy thing here, because I care about upholding my image]

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 4

DS - Dress Design.jpg

Page 40. Wow.

So Klei stated that Charlie has a wardrobe with different clothes, and we've seen her dress change from different cinematics and posters. So I thought: but... what if me? So I banged some pots together and made this.

----------------

Also, I'll be traveling, so there will certainly not be any digital pieces from me the next couple of weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be internet there and that I'll have some time to do art, so I may be able to post some low quality pictures. Can't promise anything, but I'm gonna try to be around :encouragement:

• Like 7