NightWonder7's Don't Starve Fan Art

Favourite skin sets?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Probably been asked a hundred times in this forum before, but which skin set(s) is/are your favourite(s)?

• Guest of Honor
    • Survivor
    • Triumphant
    • Costume
    • Gladiator
    • Roseate
    • Snowfallen
    • Verdant
    • Victorian
    • Magmatic
    • Hallowed Nights
    • Merrymaker
    • Year of The Pig King
    • Others

DS - Happy 17th May.jpg

Happy 17th of May everyone! : D It's Norway's Independence day :3

I couldn't make anything new for the occasion, so I'm contributing with a piece I did for last year. It's Wilson and Willow celebrating in the traditional outfit bunad ^^

I won't be able to celebrate a lot today, but I'll make sure to eat a lot of ice cream : )

• Like 7

Okay. I've seen many people design some really awesome skins for their OCs, and eventually I've been gnawing at some ideas for Wayne at the back of my mind. I'm... not really sure why ^^; but it's been haunting me for a couple of months now. Inspiration! I'm planning to make some proper portraits, hopefully this summer.

Warning! Under this spoiler lies some very, ultra, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious WIP-induced sketch ideas. So please don't drag them out from there ._. Thanks

Spoiler

Skins Ultra-WIP.JPG

So far I've only managed to think about designs for the Survivor, Hollowed Nights and Guest of Honor skins. The quotes for all categories are ready though. Also these aren't necessarily the poses I will go with in the finishing products. 

Alright, so first the Survivor. It's the second skin I've designed, and it took some time to figure out. Not sure if I should keep the head band, cause it's been used a lot already.

Hallowed Nights was surprisingly easy to make. He's gonna be dressed as the first thing that killed me in Don't Starve XD

Now, for the GoH, I'm really unsure. I literally made this sketch just now (this suit's gonna be brown). The thing is: what kind of fine clothing did laborers have? This is also why I struggle finding a Triumphant and Rose design for him, cause those are rather fine outfits too. At the beginning I thought of maybe giving him a bunad look for GoH, for originality's sake, but then I remembered that I have erased his origin. Might have been a mistake :B In other words, his identity is a bit hard to integrate in fineries. But someday I will have things sorted out. Hopefully.

Let me know what you think!

• Like 8

Looking good so far! =) Wayne looks adorable!

And as for outfit ideas in regards to Rose, Triumphant and GoH: With GoH Wayne might've had one good suit in his wardrobe. "Sunday Best" in a sense. Doesn't have to be anything super fancy but it can be nice and would still match his common labourer theme.

Triumphant is if the character was the ruler so they can make any clothes they want for themsleves. With Wayne triumphant is rising above the labourer class so it wouldn't be too odd to see him dressed high class.

Rose I always imagine Charlie herself designs this particular skin so she could've given Wayne a nice suit or comfy clothes. So long as it has roses and is presentable it's a rose skin.

And that's all I got. Best of luck! =) Can't wait to see the finished product.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:
  Hide contents

Skins Ultra-WIP.JPG

Now, for the GoH [...]

Let me know what you think!

You could put a small repair patch somewhere on the suit. Nice clothes, but maybe they had to really work to keep them that way.

• Like 2

They look good! ^_^ Being the developer of the Ori mod, I can say that GoH and Rose skins are hard to pin down (then again Ori doesn't wear clothes so you can see the inconvenience there :p )

What is the Hollowed Nights one btw? Looks like either a dodo bird or current Charlie but I thought I'd ask (I may be way off XD )

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Looking good so far! =) Wayne looks adorable!

1. With GoH Wayne might've had one good suit in his wardrobe. "Sunday Best" in a sense. Doesn't have to be anything super fancy but it can be nice and would still match his common labourer theme.

2. Triumphant is if the character was the ruler so they can make any clothes they want for themsleves. With Wayne triumphant is rising above the labourer class so it wouldn't be too odd to see him dressed high class.

3. Rose I always imagine Charlie herself designs this particular skin so she could've given Wayne a nice suit or comfy clothes. So long as it has roses and is presentable it's a rose skin.

And that's all I got. Best of luck! =) Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thank you! QwQ

1. I also thought of a Sunday kind of look for him :3 I've watched some tv series that evolves around in the early 1900s and tried to catch some details, but most of the characters there are rich and wealthy.

2. That's a very good point!

3. Yeah, I've noticed this set is quite romantic. I would suspect it's quite moldable in a sense. Hm...

And thank you so much for your in-put : D Will definitely help me further ^^

(Also I find it kind of amusing how close your comments were to the quotes I picked for him XD Gonna reveal it with the portraits)

5 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

You could put a small repair patch somewhere on the suit. Nice clothes, but maybe they had to really work to keep them that way.

On the GoH one? Could be a nice detail :3 I have to see what I'll do.

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

They look good! ^_^ Being the developer of the Ori mod, I can say that GoH and Rose skins are hard to pin down (then again Ori doesn't wear clothes so you can see the inconvenience there :p )

What is the Hollowed Nights one btw? Looks like either a dodo bird or current Charlie but I thought I'd ask (I may be way off XD )

Thank you! ;w;

Hehe, yeah, it's a bit hard to see without the colours ^^; It's supposed to be a pengull :B

• Like 4

First thing that killed me was the dark. I barely knew what I was doing. Impressive that you survived until Winter.

For Rose skins, I highly recommend checking out the Hobbit fashion from the first Lord of the Rings trilogy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

1. First thing that killed me was the dark. I barely knew what I was doing. Impressive that you survived until Winter.

2. For Rose skins, I highly recommend checking out the Hobbit fashion from the first Lord of the Rings trilogy.

1. It took a while before I got the game when I became interested in the fandom, so I watched some let's plays on YouTube ^^;

2. That's could actually work! I will definitely check those out more : D

I hope I manage to come up with designs I'll be satisfied with ;u; 

• Like 2

Alright... so... I couldn't stop thinking about skin designs. (I only managed to get 3,5 hours of sleep the night before last night, but that was probably due to other things ;u; ) And then I sat down to sketch a bit, and I think I might have found a Triumphant skin for Wayne >_>; 

Here is what I have so far:

Spoiler

Triumphant Wayne.jpg

He discovered hair gel. I'll never be able to draw that hair again.

I wanted to give him a "boss look" kind of style. One of my challenges was to make him something that isn't just a suit.

So I threw in a trench coat B-) with fur. Yup.

I also needed a red element, and didn't want to make his tie red. That thing on his coat is a pin.

All in all, it's partly decided, but it's still a work in progress : P

Rose is coming up eventually.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Walter0 said:

Dont mess with me or i will tear your ass apart 

la.gif cool 

He looks great! Make way for da boss!

Thank you so much! ;w;

Wotch out! Cause he's evul oAo

Spoiler

Triumphant Wayne 2.jpg

Can't wait to see his Rose Skin.

I'll upload it as soon as it starts existing XD

• Like 3

Wayne's rose skin is... 

Spoiler

... questionable?

Wayne - Rose Skin. sorta.jpg

Pffff! His hair looks stupid! XD But that's okay.

And for the love of all that's pure and made of chocolate, please don't drag this out from the spoiler!

Spoiler

(Speaking of which, I tried chocolate made from camel milk a couple days ago. It was weird. But this is besides the point.)

So, I think I went for a 18th century/early 1800s style? Maybe? I think? I dunno? This time I used the bunad as a reference. Veeeeery uncertain whether to keep the pony tail or not.

• Like 6