Android controller support

Yes, I'm also supporting this.

I have the game on PC, and it has support for controllers there, and the game is available for consoles as well. So i didn't even expect to not have on android.

I have bought the games on Android quite a while ago, and i avoid playing it because of this. using touch screen is clunky. 

Just registered for this forum to add another request for controllers on Android. I love Don't Starve, bought on Android to support the development but I've never actually played since I can't stand touchscreen controls. Would love to play one of my favorite games of all time on mobile.

I got the controller support today! But the trigger buttons are working weird. I have to press them and hold for 2 seconds for open inventory, also my Map key (back button) isn't right mapped. Anyone having this issue? I'm using Ipega 9021 gamepad. Could you devs make all the buttons remappable? Thanks! Now we need cloud save. haha

Screenshot_2018-06-19-07-02-42-249_com.kleientertainment.doNotStarvePocket.png

7 hours ago, JayMingHong said:

I got the controller support today! But the trigger buttons are working weird. I have to press them and hold for 2 seconds for open inventory, also my Map key (back button) isn't right mapped. Anyone having this issue? I'm using Ipega 9021 gamepad. Could you devs make all the buttons remappable? Thanks! Now we need cloud save. haha

I created an account just to say I'm having the same issue, using a cheap EvoVR Bluetooth controller.  The inventory takes a few seconds of holding to open (though I don't know if that's actually how it is on console as well?) and the Back/Select button doesn't open the map (in fact, nothing on the controller does). The option to remap controls would be fantastic.

8 hours ago, JayMingHong said:

Exactly the same behaviour here (both Don't Starve and Shipwrecked). I'm using a GameSir G4s. The left stick also seems over sensitive when navigating the build menu and enabling the on screen d-pad doesn't seem to do anything when a controller is attached (so can't even get an on screen map button).

EDIT: the map seems to be bound to the 'BACK' event where as my controller button generates a 'BUTTON_SELECT' event. I can get the map up by pressing the on screen back button.

I can confirm DS:PE works with my BT controller, but the game doesn't seem to have my back button set to display the map, even though the picture from the controller settings menu says otherwise. On top of that, I can agree to assigning camera rotation to the shoulder buttons, but I'd love to have the ability to set the keys myself. While I'm glad I can finally play with my physical controller and hide the virtual one, R2 and L2 still act weird, which is a deal breaker for me: If you're picking up stuff and then you realize night is a few seconds away and you need to use the craft menu to make a torch quickly, you'll struggle like I did. Holding R2 and/or L2 down does make the menus pop up, but as soon as I release the triggers, they go away. It didn't take long before I realized how annoying it was becoming and then I was like "sigh.. well, let's wait for yet another update to fix this".

On another note, I was expecting a MRS (Multiple-resolution support) update. Enough with those blurry textures.
And finally, I wish Beta subscribers could get the taste of what's coming up before they become a thing. I feel like if that was the case, this controller episode could be better handled if the Devs used our feedback.

• Android Device: LG K10 (2017 Edition)
  • Model Number: LG-M250ds
  • Android OS Version Number: 7.0
  • Device Manufacturer: LG

Archived