[Game Update] - 193193

Ipsquiggle

• Developer

Hey Starvers,

It's been a little bit since the last update but we've fixed a bunch more issues! In particular, we looked closely at a lot of problems that were arising around linking and travelling between different maps. This has been cleaned up and stabilized so many related issues will have gone away. But as with all big changes, new issues may have appeared or we may have missed a detail, so don't hesitate to post in this thread if you notice anything screwey. (Part of these changes included some tweaks to the way the "Days Survived" count works, see the full patch notes for details.)

Thanks for all your bug reports and logs and save files! It's been invaluable.

View full update

• Like 12

Something I noticed: A few updates ago, you changed Prime ape's shout to a lower pitch, and now you restored it. And since I haven't played RoG since you released SW, I don't know if this change also applies/applied to Splumonkeys.

Update is so GREAT!

But I find another problem before the update, sorry I'm late to point it.
This is about the puddles will sometimes spawn in the sea during the green. Because of that, my base often is flooded.
Also, I must place many sandbags around the island or my base to prevent it to happen. It is so waste of time.

In addition, I see the Hotfix 193234. But my friends and I can't update to it.We still keep in 193193. Is there something wrong?

17 hours ago, Xyangy87 said:

Update is so GREAT!

This is about the puddles will sometimes spawn in the sea during the green. Because of that, my base often is flooded.
Also, I must place many sandbags around the island or my base to prevent it to happen. It is so waste of time.

This is intended I'm pretty sure - to make it so that you can't negate flooding by just replacing all the ground tiles with flooring. Put sandbags by the edges of sand.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 2

• Developer
On 10/15/2016 at 2:06 AM, Octyabr said:

Something I noticed: A few updates ago, you changed Prime ape's shout to a lower pitch, and now you restored it. And since I haven't played RoG since you released SW, I don't know if this change also applies/applied to Splumonkeys.

Yes, there was an error with the sound export at one point which was later corrected, that mostly affected pitches.

On 10/15/2016 at 3:12 AM, voyager156 said:

It's great, that you consistently repair all those errors :) And also please, repair those caves/ruins restart --> this one is really annoying.

I agree! We're looking in to it...

On 10/15/2016 at 3:50 AM, Xyangy87 said:

Update is so GREAT!

In addition, I see the Hotfix 193234. But my friends and I can't update to it.We still keep in 193193. Is there something wrong?

Could you post a picture of what you mean? @oCrapaCreeper is correct that floods are supposed to come from the ocean as well, but I'd still like to see what problem you're having to make sure. :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Could you post a picture of what you mean? @oCrapaCreeper is correct that floods are supposed to come from the ocean as well, but I'd still like to see what problem you're having to make sure.

Sorry, I can't upload a picture now. So I just explain more exactly again.

First I didn't mean the tides which appear obviously during the full moon. I mean the "puddles".
Sometimes the puddles will appear in the sea and not on the land, so it causes that I can't use the sandbag to block it.

I haven't played in a bit, but I've been playing the past few days and some trees don't seem to be regrowing. I hadn't revisited an island in about fifteen days and there were several stumps when I returned. Also this might not be a bug, but the slot machine isn't really mixing it up as much as it used to. I put in about 8 doubloons and got three logs 3 times and three skeletons with a hammer twice. 

And that's pretty much all I've noticed so far. I love the update on planted turf blocking the tide. If I could request one thing from DST it'd be the gates! 

ETA: Also some of my trawl nets won't sink. And then these Jesus monkeys crossing over water to get to me, but not really making it on my island.

jesus monkeys.JPG

Edited by Lysh
adding more bugs instead of making another post about them