PC Split Screen

On 11/19/2016 at 8:41 PM, Electroely said:

Y'all better realize that Klei's team that's working on DST is actually pretty small. Currently they're working on adding new stuff to the game (A New Reign). They have all their people working on it just to keep up with the 2-week timeframe that's between every update. I'd say we should wait for Klei's DST team to be done with A New Reign, and THEN you can email them about it. I'm sure they will be putting it on their To-Do List since ALOT of people (including me) want Splitscreen. I have 3 controllers at home, a giant flat TV and 3 friends I'd like to introduce DS to. I can't just buy them all the game. Soooooo i'll just be sitting here, playing DST with people I don't know in person, waiting for ANR to be done...

Fair enough I guess, but I don't see any harm in letting Klei know we really want it. Their reply to someone in this thread was pretty non-specific, i.e. "we'll consider it". If they gave a direct answer saying "we will definitely implement it when we get the time" then that would be a different story. 

I too registered on this forum just to say that I really want split screen on PC.  I, and many PC gamers like me, use Steam Link to stream PC games to a big TV for gaming purposes.  The PC split screen experience is improving, but the dearth of couch coop games on PC indicates developers' support is lagging behind the customers' desire for such games.  Adding split screen to DST would be a distinguishing feature for Don't starve, boosting its sales.  

My wife really loves Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together.  We even bought and installed two copies of DST on different computers in the house, but it would improve the experience if we could sit side by side staring at the same screen.  She doesn't like many games, but this is one that we really want to play together.  It would be infinitely easier if we could play on a single split screen.

Thanks for your attention, developers! 

Don't Starve is basically my favorite game. I recently got into the couch co-op scene for PC, and have to say it sucks that I can't play Don't Starve together locally co-op with a friend. PS4 already has split screen, why can't we have this for PC?

Sorry for the rant, but:

I don't remember where, but I'm fairly certain that somewhere on this forum in a different thread, someone from Klei responded to another bunch of people asking for this functionality and said that it would be implemented alongside the PS4 release. If I'm mistaken then my apologies, but the fact remains that this is exactly what should have happened. Many people have been requesting this politely and have been waiting patiently.

The longer this goes on, it starts to feel less like an oversight, and more like a smokescreen by developers to get users to buy a PC version of a game, only to have to buy the console version as well just to get proper functionality which should be present across all platforms to begin with. The devs of Diablo III did this. The controller functionality was showed off by the D3 devs on PC. They demoed it before the D3 PC version even released, and they themselves stated that it was the best way to play the game, even on PC. But did they release that functionality on PC? No. Why? To have a bunch of people go and buy the game a second time when they eventually released the console versions. And it worked, many people who already owned it on PC went and bought it again just to use a controller. Many devs lately have lied about bringing controller functionality to PC, so we go and buy it now to support them, then they pull the rug out from under us and bail on providing it, even if they have it done and working, just to get a few more sales from us possibly buying it a second time. I hope it costs them more sales in the long run from people who are sick of this and decide not to buy the game for any platform period.

Also new one here giving this a BUMP! PS4 is very similiar to PC unlike PS3 how much you want to bet that if the Xbox One version gets approved it will have couch co-op but PC will be left behind! SAD!

With Steambox to remote display my computer to TV without plugging in anything and a Xbox wireless USB remote connectivity hub that can connect 4+ remotes this feature would be great to import to PC!

Personally I've not bought DS:T because I'd much rather play by myself then some randoms and as I actually have 4 friends who couch co-op on mostly old titles because nobody makes couch co-op anymore (HALO)..

If it's a simple fix Klei then please do it!,

..I don't think it's going to happen but at least we tried guys..

8 hours ago, zythros said:

Also new one here giving this a BUMP! PS4 is very similiar to PC unlike PS3 how much you want to bet that if the Xbox One version gets approved it will have couch co-op but PC will be left behind! SAD!

This is to old to be a numb this is necroing a thread 

On 12.10.2016 at 2:18 AM, Donke60 said:

To tell you the truth I don't know but spilt screen coming to PS4 sounds awesome since I always enjoyed local mutiplayier. But my guess is its not going to happen for the reason that it wouldn't make a lot of sense for a console it makes sense people have done local on them before and its a console a lot more chance that people who live in the same house have a console and muti controllers so no hassle just sit and play. 

However unless you had a link like a cable long corded controllers it seems like it woud not happen. Because the common person does not have access to that though long before DST someone did make a mode for co-op DS play I don't know if the mod is still up and running but it in the future might be modded into the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=172291214

Well, it shows well you'r opinion on the subject : "It wouldn't make a lot of sense"
But there are others to. Many, many others like me for example. I also just registered account specificly for this thread.
I have three XBOX 360 controlers with the adapter and i play a lot of split or shared screen games with my friends ^^
There are many games offering split screen on PC, more than you can think of to be honest.
It makes a lot of sense cause it's even called Dont Starve TOGETHER. Dah ? 
Only thing i would love to see more (and i'm not the only one) is cross platform multiplayer.

However, I believe the problem of bring the splitscreen to PC is how the PC allow multiple steam account login for each account to be used. 

For example, if you want to make a pc to run 2 account split screen means you need to login 2 steam account for the 2 account name. 

Not sure about how the PS4 console split screen works cause i dont think player need to own multiple PS4 dst game to play multiplayer splitscreen.

Correct me if i am wrong about the ps4. i need more information about hiw ps4 dst works. 

On 23/07/2017 at 9:50 AM, vampireknight said:

However, I believe the problem of bring the splitscreen to PC is how the PC allow multiple steam account login for each account to be used. 

For example, if you want to make a pc to run 2 account split screen means you need to login 2 steam account for the 2 account name. 

Not sure about how the PS4 console split screen works cause i dont think player need to own multiple PS4 dst game to play multiplayer splitscreen.

Correct me if i am wrong about the ps4. i need more information about hiw ps4 dst works. 

It's complete nonsense ! How did you come up with that idea ? We basically meant offline multiplayer. Why would u need Multiple steam accounts for that anyway ? That's how most games use a split screen actually but haven't you play rocket league ? You don't need to have several accounts to play it with you'r friends. Even to play it together online. Second player is displayed as "usernsme.2" Moreover it's crossplatform multiplayer and that feature would be a brilliant addition to Dst to btw. Sadly it's not going to happen. Beside if i'd like to play DST with someone else, online, out of a single pc i'd just use virtualisation or some sandboxing software or similar trickery. There is no real reason for hasitation to bring this feature on PC. Just take a look how many views that topic has and compare it to any other topic on that forum.

Hello :)

some people register to ask for split, I registered to give you a working solution 

Check this 

It's basically starting multiple instance of the game and map controllers to it, and allows you to host/join using lan. In finae, it perfectly look like it is a game feature split screen. I've played with 3 other friends last night and we had a good time. No bugs, nothing, 60fps..

enjoy :)

Archived