[Don't Starve Together] Connection to Klei failed!

It's been two days that I'm not able to log in to the game and I constantly recieve this message: "Could not connect to Klei servers..." 

I've compeletly read this article and did what it says; I also tried turning off windows and modem/router firewall to see if it fixes the problem but it had no effect on it. so is anything that I'm missing about this issue? This is so frustrating, one day you wake up and you see the game is not working anymore on the same system with exactly same config that it was running on it fluently 2 days ago. I would be so glad if anyone can help me on this one.

With regards, UPRiSER.

Untitled.jpg

Ok after I went deeper into the problem I found out my computer opens a port (ex. 58772) every time to connect to 104.154.85.165 which seems to be the server that is called Klei's server in the in-game message. netstat command shows every time I press the "Play!" button a connection is trying to establish but it remains in SYN_SENT status which means packet is being sent by my computer but there is no response from the server, although server is currently running and I have stable ping of 200ms to it. (high but stable, no packet loss or anything)

I also tried to remove all mods, unsubscribe from them, delete mods folder, but no change, then I removed the game completely,deleted Klei folder in Documents folder and reinstalled the game but again no change...

This is so strange I cant think of any other possibilities or potential issue on my computer to block the connection, I believe this might not be a client side problem.

• Developer
3 hours ago, UPRiSER said:

Ok here's the solution, I can login simply using a VPN. why the hell Klei would restrict my access to the server?!?!?! :o

Hi, sorry for all the trouble logging in. We are not intentionally blocking you. Could you please try and connect again without the VPN and then post your log file?

On 10/5/2016 at 5:34 AM, ScottHansen said:

Hi, sorry for all the trouble logging in. We are not intentionally blocking you. Could you please try and connect again without the VPN and then post your log file?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Here is the log file.

client_log.txt

On 10/6/2016 at 9:04 PM, ScottHansen said:

@darkhero @Refrectos and anyone else having this issue, could you please attach a log file when you are experiencing this issue, also if you could let us know what country you are in it would help (or pm me if you don't want to post your country)

hi

here, this is my log file. and im from iran.

client_log.txt

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

@darkhero @Refrectos and anyone else having this issue, could you please attach a log file when you are experiencing this issue, also if you could let us know what country you are in it would help (or pm me if you don't want to post your country)

Hello, i'm from Russia, Sevastopol. Here is my log file

client_log.txt

1 hour ago, kapam6ojiuk said:

does not work,I did as you wrote,but it gives something strange.How can I find out differently?

You need to do that outside of the game interface, if you are a Windows user, type CMD in the search programs area, or look for the command prompt. It looks like a tiny DOS interface.
Over there you need to type ping login.kleientertainment.com and you will get a reply with the IP number Nome needs.

16 minutes ago, kapam6ojiuk said:

23 hours ago, nome said:

If you're still having problems, please send me what IP login.kleientertainment.com resolves to for you. You can do this with "ping login.kleientertainment.com" from a command line.

• Developer

OK, that means you're still hitting a google cloud services IP instead of an amazon IP - so either you've got the old version cached, or the GeoDNS change I made didn't affect you.

• Can you get to the google search engine or gmail?
  • Can you give me your IP address? A site like whatsmyip.net is a good way to get this.

Archived