Eliminating Problem Players

This game's largest problem, imo, is the playebase.

there are thousands of those that want to play this game and just have a good time, but then there are butt nuggets like junior over here:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198317995653/

who intentionally come online to troll.  This user specifically joined a game, shoutted out 3 ppl that "stole his gear" (he had no gear it was a completely new world 7 days old and he just joined) then called a vote and got several people kicked.

Afterwards, a friend told me he laughed and left the game himself after starting several fires.

Now what I'm suggesting isn't too much of a stretch but instead of putting more semi-effective treatments like a "kick" system which clearly backfired in this case, and burn control.  I'm suggesting something similar.  Logic Puzzles.

anyone who isn't smart enough to solve a grade-school puzzle shouldn't be allowed to play the game.  Could let the owner of said servers decide what type of puzzle and how long the wait is before the person has to try again to get into the server.

This will massively deter trolls, as they don't like to think.

Thinking makes them realize the sad truth about their life, and thus it not only boosts player continuity, but deters one of the main factors that's hurting this game.

Additionally, "making an example" of players such as this one would definitely strike some fear into said trolls.

That's my 2 cents on the matter.

edit: I'd also like to give a huge shoutout to klei for actually having a recent encounters list installed in the game. People like this shouldn't be able to hide behind the wall of their computer screen.

Archived