Ambarina's Artsy Stuff

Ambarina

Hi there, I'm a friend of Minespatch and he suggested me to make a thread here to show my art. I'm mainly a fanartist of the talking animal sort, but I also have my own characters and stories. 

Here's some of my more recent work:

grupogems.jpg

My characters as Steven Universe Gems. Their names are Marina, Jonas, Valeria, Esteban. Damien, Alex and Jose. 

badgems.jpg

The bad guys as Gems: Ludovico, Gil, Ursula, Betty and Azariel. 

12342917_10208290929368462_1708526616_o.jpg

My Bunny character and her human friend.

002.jpg

a pair of LPS cuties

panda.jpeg

A red panda OC

rolycute.jpeg

My current OTP: Rocket Raccoon and his GF Lylla the otter

001.jpg

Lylla again. 

I've only done 2 commissions, all for the same person. Once I improve more, I'll start making more commissions and sell stickers. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, CandySweet said:

Gotta love how Klei doesn't count off-topic posts as actual posts. Great artwork, although you joined like two months ago?

Thank you. Yeah...sorry, I mainly joined because of a friend, but I had been procrastinating making a post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well my bunny character is white with pink ears and nose. (She also wears a bow for extra girliness but that's irrelevant).

Do you wanna change the colour entirely or just the shade?

Maybe just the shade. I already have a white cat (though I could change her color too).

• Like 1

Here are some variations I drew. My scanner made them all look the same though....Now that I look at it, maybe I should change the palette, not just the pink tone. Maybe use a different tone of blue and purple, or different colors altogether.

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

• Like 4

I'm conflicted with the last two. They're all great but the techniques in the last two make me wonder which parts you should focus more on.

The gentle marker one works but so does the ink outline piece. Though if you combined both, working with combining the ink and the shading of the marker while using color pencils to emphasize shading, you'll have a nice piece. Though the eyes in the marker piece really work! I would keep the technique you did for the eyes alone while emphasizing the rest in the second piece will work in your favor.

Also, to master color pencils, try this technique:

art tutorial18.pngart tutorial19.pngart tutorial20.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'm conflicted with the last two. They're all great but the techniques in the last two make me wonder which parts you should focus more on.

The gentle marker one works but so does the ink outline piece. Though if you combined both, working with combining the ink and the shading of the marker while using color pencils to emphasize shading, you'll have a nice piece. Though the eyes in the marker piece really work! I would keep the technique you did for the eyes alone while emphasizing the rest in the second piece will work in your favor.

Also, to master color pencils, try this technique:

art tutorial18.pngart tutorial19.pngart tutorial20.png

Thank you! The second-to-last one with marker was done rather carelessly, that's why it looks like that. I usually don't do shading in pictures unless I want it to look really finished instead of just doodles. And yes, I agree the eyes look the best. c:

Thanks for the images, I'll try the techniques. Crosshatching was the one that captured my interest the most.

• Like 1