How will keys be distributed?

thefox1998

Hey

I was wondering if there is any information about how they will distribute the beta-keys. Like if they hand out the keys in order of signups or if it will be random and if streamers will be privileged. Also if certain communities or players will get invited because of there experience with movement-based games like surfers in source engine or mirror's edge speedrunners which are more likely to push the gamephysics to it's limits with there knowledge.

Thanks for any answers in advance

12 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Pretty sure it will be distributed through the email people used in the sign-up thread.

Yes, this has been posted before. But the fox asked if theres a specific order and if the candidates' other games or popularity affect the likelyhood of getting a key.

• Developer

Hey!  The details aren't all settled yet, but this is the current plan:

• Keys will be (most likely) assigned randomly.  We did not take enough details from those signing up required to do a more targeted distribution.
  • Keys will be given out in waves, similar to DST.  We will start with a small pool of people and grow from that as we need more to test.
  • A small group of hardcore 'KZ' players have already been given keys, it's possible a few more will get advanced keys as they have the background required to critique the depth of our character controller.
  • We currently have no plans to give any more advanced keys to streamers / media, I want to focus on finishing the game before drawing too much attention to the nitty gritty.

I'll share some time tables and more details as they become available. 

2 hours ago, MarkL said:
  • Keys will be (most likely) assigned randomly.  We did not take enough details from those signing up required to do a more targeted distribution.
  • Keys will be given out in waves, similar to DST.  We will start with a small pool of people and grow from that as we need more to test.

Oh...

I thought your plan to distribute the keys would also involve taking the strongest person at Klei and having them throw them really far towards their intended destinations.

Oh well.

Archived