Don't Starve Together: Console Edition FAQ (PS4)

JanH

I am confused about the information on split-screen play. I want to buy DST for PS4 to play together with my wife. But we only have one PS4 account. Will we be able to play or not? Also: is a PSN subscription required to play offline split-screen? I am not interested in online play at all - I only want to buy the game once, fire up the PS4, and play it with my wife.

Thanks in advance.

• Developer
On 11/25/2016 at 9:53 AM, Ruin_fall said:

I am having this same issue...can someone please look into this or let us know a work around. Trying to play a local match with splitscreen on 2 ps4s. Keep getting duplicate login error when trying to join the second ps4 to the local game.

@Ruin_fall @AdamHernandez

The duplicate login problem when playing offline mode has been fixed in the latest patch (1.09)

I forgot to include it in the notes.

On the PS4 version of DST where you enter a redeemable code is there a submit button to press after entering the code or does it auto submit? I have two codes to use and typed them both in and after I press R2 for "done" the code just sits there on the screen and does nothing. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

2 hours ago, KyleH said:

On the PS4 version of DST where you enter a redeemable code is there a submit button to press after entering the code or does it auto submit? I have two codes to use and typed them both in and after I press R2 for "done" the code just sits there on the screen and does nothing. Is it a bug or am I missing something?

you just enter the code (20 digits plus the dashes) and it will auto submit or tell you the code is not correct.

• Like 3

• Developer
5 hours ago, Mr Death said:

The redeem gift code where can I find the code itself on the PS4? Please help

Don't quote me on that, but I don't think that and the pirate birdcage are available skins for the PS4..

@CharlesB knows more than me, though.

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 1

My boyfriend has a secondary PSP account and bought the game there. The primary PSP is on an account of a friend of yours on another PS4, so I had to buy the PSP apart to be able to play online with my boyfriend on his PS4. He can recycle skins because the game was bought into his account. I would like to know if there is any way I can recycle skins in my account without having the game. I'm sorry if you do not understand my question well, I do not speak English.

On 6/10/2017 at 2:12 AM, LuxuryHeart said:

Is there a way to report a server/player.  I just saw an offensive server name, and I want to report it.  Unfortunately, I don't see that option.  How do I report this person?

what may be offensive to you may not be offensive to others. don't take gaming too seriously....

I see funny server titles/or descriptions in the ps4 platform all the time, try to not get triggered just laugh it off and move on.

I have friends who put funny server titles all the time, it's only meant as a joke...

4 hours ago, djbubbles said:

what may be offensive to you may not be offensive to others. don't take gaming too seriously....

I see funny server titles/or descriptions in the ps4 platform all the time, try to not get triggered just laugh it off and move on.

I have friends who put funny server titles all the time, it's only meant as a joke...

The only thing the N-word isn't offensive to is racists.  That's it.  

I also don't have to laugh things off.  I can report something that I find offensive, try not to get triggered by my posts. ;)

On 3/19/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ryanthewolf9461 said:

So the year of the vast update just dropped and I have a great idea! Since console can't really buy/trade skins can you make it so we can make anything with spools? Just a nice little compromise!

YES I REALLY LIKE THAT IDEA ILL START A NEW THREAD ABOUT IT

I dont know if this should be asked cua its kind of explained. Is there any way to fix the combat or input lag i guess? I can have lag compensation on and not attack on time and pick things up slowly or have it off and attack on time with some slight delay but not be able to run away fast enough and sometimes get large lag spikes. I heard an ethernet cable could help, is it true?

On 7/7/2018 at 11:37 PM, dylanware said:

I dont know if this should be asked cua its kind of explained. Is there any way to fix the combat or input lag i guess? I can have lag compensation on and not attack on time and pick things up slowly or have it off and attack on time with some slight delay but not be able to run away fast enough and sometimes get large lag spikes. I heard an ethernet cable could help, is it true?

@dylanware Nope. Don’t waste your money on a cable. Their game is just coded poorly. It’s broke the same way in offline mode with no network connection. Also don’t waste your time expecting a dev to offer any actual advice either. Look at every other forum that mentions lag. Every forum that asks about lag is in return greeted by lag from the devs. Time after time the devs have shown just how little they care about your issue. Why would they fix something when you’ve already paid them? If connecting an Xbox and doing basic tests is too complex for them already, they will certainly never figure out your problem.

Horrible company. Best advice I can give you is to abandon all hope for an actual fix to your issue. 

• Developer
2 hours ago, Gagebertzzz said:

I have a question. And it would help greatly if you could answer.

Can you do commands on DST: Console Ed.? Someone answer this please.

If you mean console commands, like on PC, then no PS4 and XB1 don't support those.

2 hours ago, wjlsg88 said:

Can ps4 dst players get the Twitch stream skins too? If so, after linking our Klei account to Twitch, how do we know when we get them and/or how do we redeem them?

I can actually answer you this one .

yes, yes you can. You can already link your accounts and start earning the skins, but you won’t get them in game yet. You will probably get them after the new update.(and you should get the skins automatically after you open the game when the skins are available) you also get a notification from twich when you earned a skin after connecting your accounts so you always know how many you have or if your missing any.

Edited by NoscopeFelix