Don't Starve Together Journals

DSJ Banner.png

After surviving a rather terrifying experience, Wilson P. Higgsbury finds himself once more in the wilderness of the Shadow World trying to cope with the conditions being thrown at him. Though what he didn't count on was the arrival of a new ruler... and someone he isn't sure he can call an ally.

---------

Been putting this for awhile now since I was trying to get Survive the Shadows done and now that the main arc is finished, I can finally begin this alternate timeline to it, the Don't Starve Together Journals. A series of shorts and mini comics following more adventures in the Shadow World. While still following some of the lore from Survive the Shadows, the Journals will also be following some of the game lore as well. It's basically a hybrid of the two. So yeah, I hope you enjoy what I have to offer in this thread of mine.

To note, the comics will not be done digitally. They will be done traditionally in ink and pencil so... just keep that in mind. (It's kind of an experimental thing.)

• Like 6

Traumatic Memory.png

Traumatic Memories

“AUGH!!! MERCY! MERCY PLEASE!”

"AUGH! MERCY! MERCY PLEASE!"

The feeling of electricity stopped flowing through Wilson as looked back down at the monster below him… or woman. He wasn't sure which to call her at this point. She met his gaze, a look of guilt and sorrow in her amber eyes.

"Please…" He choked. "Please don't do this. Mercy… Mercy…"

"... I'm sorry." She whispered.

"AUUUUGAAAAH!"

Wilson's eyes snapped open, a gasp escaping his mouth as he sat up. He brought a hand over his chest, trying to calm himself down as he looked around, seeing he wasn't in the throne room. He was in his temporary camp, the woman nowhere to be seen.

It's okay. He thought to himself, trying to slow his breathing. I'm alive. I'm okay. I'm in the light. She can't reach me here.

He lowered his head, running a hand through his hair.

I really messed up this time. I should've never gone off by myself. Heavens above please let the others be okay.

"Trouble sleeping, Higgsbury?"

Wilson had to keep himself from groaning at the sound of that voice. He looked towards the source, seeing Maxwell coming in with logs in his arms, feeding them to the fire.

"What's it to you?" Wilson asked, giving an unamused look. "Last I checked, you liked seeing me suffer, so why give you the pleasure of telling you what's wrong?"

"Hmph." Maxwell shook his head, sitting down by the fire pit, picking up his book. "It was an honest question, Higgsbury. Don't need to be so uptight. We're stuck working together, remember?"

"Yeah, didn't need a reminder, Maxwell." Wilson grumbled, lying back down on his straw roll, still somewhat clenching his chest.

Maxwell took note of this, the gears in his head turning before it clicked.

"You were dreaming about what happened with Charlie, weren't you?"

"Give the man a prize." Wilson rolled his eyes, turning over. "So what if I was?"

"Just figured that was the case since you nearly died because of it and it's recent so it wouldn't be too shocking that it would still be on your mind."

"Heh… Yeah. Because you just know EVERYTHING, don't you?"

"I'll just cut to the point. Don't think about it. You'll just drive yourself insane doing so."

"Easier said than done."

"I'm aware, trust me."

"Oh really?" Wilson turned back over, giving a glare to Maxwell. "Since when does anything on your mind drive you insane, oh great and powerful Maxwell?"

Maxwell returned the glare.

"Things that are none of your business, Higgsbury. Now, just focus on other things. Like your companions we're looking for. Think about finding them... That is if Charlie hasn't done anything that has gotten them killed."

"Gee, you're SO helpful. Way to be a ray of sunshine, Maxwell." Wilson turned over again, hiding the fear in his eyes.

"I'm just being honest, Higgsbury." Maxwell sighed. "Look, I didn't say they were actually dead, but with how things are rapidly changing by Charlie's will, things might not be working out well for them as it is for us. You've seen what she's capable of."

Wilson shuddered at the thought.

"You can be quiet now. You're really not helping."

"Sorry, I'm not exactly one to look for comfort as it were."

"Emotionless demon."

"Eh, I've heard worse… and honestly that's a compliment."

"Does anything even bother you?"

"Plenty. I'm just not telling you."

"Right." Wilson closed his eyes. "And I'm stuck with you regardless."

"I don't like this anymore than you do, Higgsbury." Maxwell leaned back against a rolled up straw roll, settling into his book. "But we don't really have a choice."

"No… and I hate that."

"Something we can agree on. Now, try to sleep. We got ground to cover and you best have a clear mind rather than a clouded one."

Wilson nodded a little, muttering something under his breath as he started to drift. He tried to keep his mind off Charlie…

Yet… He could still see her eyes, staring back at him.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

“Just figured that was the case since you nearly died because of it and it’s recent so it wouldn’t be too shocking that it would still be on your mind.”

No pun intended :p

Also I could say how Maxwell's straw roll disappeared in your last post... but I'll refrain.

• Like 2

No pun intended

:p

Also I could say how Maxwell's straw roll disappeared in your last post... but I'll refrain.

There are some words mixed up too, like "cause" and "'cause" as the usus abbreviation of "because", or "anymore" versus "any more" (in both cases the latter are what the OP wants), but I will watch this thread closely.

Totally not because I sense the new but developing Willie ship :D.

PS This Wilson on the banner is nicely done, my good sir/my lady!

Edited by Arlesienne
  • Like 2