Aileen Rose's Don't Starve Stash

Wittle Will and Shadow Max.png

More Magic Friends AU. (The AU where William and Maxwell actually get along and are friends. That’s what I’m calling it now. Might change it again but who knows. For now it’s Magic Friends.)

Unlike Survive the Shadows/Don’t Starve Together Journals, William met Maxwell when he was fairly young. Reason that happened, well...

William’s father, Milo Carter, who is an author and book collector, came across the Codex Umbra during a trip to one of his book trade posts. The book apparently had popped out of nowhere according to the trade dealer and they’re not even sure what was in it. Milo found himself drawn to the book for some odd reason and was willing to take the book off the trade person’s hands. They agreed and Milo brought it home with his other books to his study.

Enter a very curious young William Carter who is always excited when his father brings home new books to read. While Milo had to tend to something, William opens the book and starts flipping through it, finding pictures of odd creatures and text of a different language. Before he knows it, out falls a person made of shadows who finds himself baffled at his surroundings. He’s caught off guard by William who is fascinated with the being before him.

The being asks where he is and William answers promptly they’re in his father’s study to which the being also asks if this is Earth. William confirms this and the shadow being becomes distraught saying he’s far from home. William offers to help but the being chuckles, telling him that his home is a world far far from this place and sadly there isn’t much either can do. He explains he’s tied to the tome and sadly can’t do anything about that.

William frowns at this and offers that he could stay here if he wanted since he has no place to go. The shadow being is caught off guard by this and asks if the boy is certain since he’s not the most pleasant thing to look at. William grins at him and says it’s fine and that he’s not that scary looking. The being chuckles at this and takes up his offer finding he doesn’t really have other options is quite amused with the boy.

William introduces himself and the shadow being tells him his name is Maxwell.

And thus the friendship begins.

More details later. I just wanted an excuse to draw Wittle William and bring back Shadow Max since it’s been forever since he showed his face. He’s gotten some upgrades since that time due to some things but I’ll talk about that later. In the mean time, I present this. Ah AUs are fun. So many possibilities.

Enjoy~

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wait a sec, I guess Milo is a new character?

Yep, he's new. William and Jack's father. Haven't really felt the need to bring him up much since he's a very minor character in all the stories Storm and I have.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Variety is the spice of life as some say. Wouldn't be fun if I always stuck to one thing.

True.

2 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

William introduces himself and the shadow being tells him his name is Maxwell.

And thus the friendship begins.

I wonder if Maxwell is the same age as William. That would be rather cute ^_^

He's Old.png

"Snrk! Really? He's THAT old?"

"Yes. He's... kind of insecure about it sometimes."

"AM NOT! So what if I'm just a bit over five thousand years old!? That's not THAT old!"

Considering Maxwell has been around to see the Egyptians and has existed before they came around I think five thousand might be a smidge off in regards to his actual age.

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 6

Charlie and Jack.png

“Charlie, this whole thing is getting out of hand. I get it, you’re mad at him. I am too, to a certain extent, but isn’t this a bit much?“

“Are you questioning my authority, Jack?”

“No. I’m questioning your sanity.”

Warm up drawing, though it got more detailed than expected. I think I’m getting the hang of Queen Charlie. Also, been awhile since I drew Reaper Jack so it was nice to bring him back.

• Like 5

(That moment when you wish you had access to the emoticons you have on dA to express your feelings =.= Oh well, I'll try without)

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! HE LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!! : DDDDDD I did not expect this! >W< 

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!! *hugs* Thank you so much!!! :biggrin-new: Just... GAH! I love it!!! <3 <3 This is so cute and wonderful!! OwO 

Wayne: "I'm not cute!" >H<

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, NightWonder7 said:

(That moment when you wish you had access to the emoticons you have on dA to express your feelings =.= Oh well, I'll try without)

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! HE LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!! : DDDDDD I did not expect this! >W< 

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!! *hugs* Thank you so much!!! :biggrin-new: Just... GAH! I love it!!! <3 <3 This is so cute and wonderful!! OwO 

Wayne: "I'm not cute!" >H<

>w< You are very welcome! *hugs*

Yes you are cute, precious cinnamon roll. *pokes his cheek*

• Like 3

On 5/24/2017 at 0:03 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

Repo Jack and Max.png

“Jack, stop, please! This isn’t like you!”

“Funny, I think I remember saying something like that to you a few years back.”

“Brother…”

“Now, hold still. I promise this will only hurt for a minute.”

Like I said, if Jack completely lost it and was angry enough, he would go this far with his insane escapades as a Repo Man. Emphasis on insane because this would only get this bad if his sanity was non existent and he was under Their influence and considering if he was going on a rampage with Shadow Weavers, it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if they were messing with his head. Including making him forget his oath to do no harm.

So yeah… Maxwell could use some help right about now.

on a time like this i just nope it on out of there 

14 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Charlie and Jack.png

He's upset since she's holding the rose skin stash back until the Steam summer sale happens.

11 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Poke.png

Wayne's internal thoughts are the sounds of a desert frog squealing with anger.

• Like 3