Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JanH

How to Opt-In to "A New Reign Beta" for Don't Starve Together

KiraSempai1    0

Do I need to create a new world for A New Reign changes to take effect, or they'll be implemented in already running world (with caves)?

ScottHansen    626
7 hours ago, KiraSempai1 said:

Do I need to create a new world for A New Reign changes to take effect, or they'll be implemented in already running world (with caves)?

ANR will create a separate save directory called DontStarveTogetherANewReign. You can run the game then copy all you original DST save files into it if you would like to continue an existing world. Also, all the content we add will be retrofitted into your worlds so you don't have to create new worlds every update.

fimmatek    699

@ScottHansen Is it possible to copy only one world from the old DST directory into the Beta? I tried it with one, I copied the Cluster_2 directory and verified the steam game cache, but it seems not to work.

I had a really good world before the ANR beta but I'd also like to keep some from the beta-worlds. Is it possible?

ScottHansen    626
4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

@ScottHansen Is it possible to copy only one world from the old DST directory into the Beta? I tried it with one, I copied the Cluster_2 directory, but it seems not to work.

I had a really good world before the ANR beta but I'd also like to keep some from the beta-worlds. Is it possible?

For a single world, its fairly complicated and requires modifying a number of files by hand, and is different if you are using caves or not. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to write a tutorial and verify it works. Maybe someone in the community has had some success duplicating worlds.

fimmatek    699
13 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

For a single world, its fairly complicated and requires modifying a number of files by hand, and is different if you are using caves or not. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to write a tutorial and verify it works. Maybe someone in the community has had some success duplicating worlds.

Thank you for your answer! 

I'll work than on my beta worlds. It'll be only question of time, to reach the same level again :) 

necroelf    0
On 10/23/2016 at 0:58 AM, MeAndTheHousewife said:

I did all the above but i'm still unable to play on the beta servers.Do i miss something?

i have the same problem....

delfie8    0

I would like to be included too please.  How would I go about testing it?  I can see it in the Browse Online Game servers.

ImDaMisterL    17,334
6 hours ago, delfie8 said:

I would like to be included too please.  How would I go about testing it?  I can see it in the Browse Online Game servers.

Just read and follow the instructions on the first post of this thread :)

2636128279    0
On 8/15/2016 at 2:49 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

Yes, your older maps will stay stored in the save folders in DoNotStarveTogether while your A New Reign maps will remain saved in the DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta folder :)

Tuxe    49

When the beta it's over, the worlds in the beta will vanish? Or it will be in the full game? Because I would like to not lost this map...

filipsperl    338
11 hours ago, Tuxe said:

When the beta it's over, the worlds in the beta will vanish? Or it will be in the full game? Because I would like to not lost this map...

at the end of beta, both branches should be running on same versions, so your world will be fine

Aeglefire    24

We don't have to opt-out of the beta now that the beta has concluded right? The two branches are now the same?

DarkKingBoo    169
On 12/25/2016 at 9:55 PM, Aeglefire said:

We don't have to opt-out of the beta now that the beta has concluded right? The two branches are now the same?

I don't know if this is counted as bumping or not, but the beta is not over. Right now the branches are the same but A New Reigns still have a couple of updates left to go before its finished. When the beta is over, they will remove the beta branch entirely.

Aeglefire    24

You can consider "A New Reign" as an "expansion" for Don't Starve Together, adding lots of useful and cool new features to the game. :)

Chris1488    11,033
6 hours ago, TheSoupRunner said:

What will be added to A New Reign? What is the point of it?

It's considered Charlie's Reign over the world, adding in tons of new items, enemies, events, etc. that have already been added into the base game without needing to opt into the beta. The main branch and beta branch are both at the same level of content at the moment, but there's still more updates to come, so stay tuned!

FC_M    0

I have been trying to join any klei server let alone the beta testing ones and honestly they are all gone! Every time I log on to browse the servers they are all regular users and the Klei dedicated ones are no where to be found. When I try to log on to the only Beta one I can find, it wants a password, but I was not given one when I opted in. I have plaid on a beta server, but now I can't seem to find any!