SW hurricane campfire suggestion

I'm loving Shipwrecked, thank you to Klei and Capy for bringing it to us! I'm playing on the ps4 at the moment, and I haven't been able to make it very long, I think day 46 is my best effort right now. The struggle is joy though!

There is so much in the SW world to explore and find, but some of the seasons make exploration very difficult, and rightfully so, to some extent. I am really missing a campfire that can withstand the wind during hurricane season a bit better. A portable campfire, I mean. There is the chiminea that has replaced the fire pit in my camp, but I frequently hop to nearby islands for different resources, but doing this in hurricane season without 2 stacks of wood is suicide. I was thinking a 'Banked campfire' would make it a little less expensive to leave camp during this season.

It would be like the normal standard campfire, but maybe add 4 or so rocks as ingredients to make, and voila! A mini fire pit with high stones surrounding it. designed to keep some of the wind at bay. I was thinking it could decrease  the rate of decay of light by maybe half or a third? Not eliminate it completely, because that would make it too easy again.. Anyone get what I'm saying? :)

I don't mind the hurricane season really, it just gets a little boring to stay by my camp for all of it when there are treasures to  find and gear boats to hunt down and all that good stuff.

Chimanae is your best bet or the Obsidian fire pit, since it has a huge range with full fuel. In terms of campfire, idk, perhaps a good thought, but... crafting tons of torches whilst out would be your best bet when outside. Because bottle lanterns and boat lanterns are not easily renewed. In terms of light, unless you merge your world with RoG/Vanilla, you're screwed/left with crappy portable light source. Same goes for gold and dubloons :(

Edit: Perhaps camp nearby Yaarctopus and/or the Slot machine?

Archived