Gave away my entire base before logging out.

I joined a server mid-late autumn, set up a nice little base in the caves . Played for a good amount of time, survived easily to late Winter. I was set up pretty nicely to survive for a long time coming. Pigs straight up on the surface, right next to a rocky biome, rabbit stew underground, no prepping for giants, stole the Pig's berry bushes and left their flowers for emergency, got a birdcage and other essentials up, Beefalo hat ready, even a nice fur roll made. Only missing an icebox.

2:30 AM comes around, I'm tired. There was one other person on the server at the time - A Willow, and she sounded like she was struggling a bit. At first she was low on food, and by the time I was about to log off, she was low on everything and worried about Deerclops. So I asked if she wanted my base.

She was able to make it to the portal as a meeting point, with her lighter being the only thing keeping her from freezing to death. I started leading her home, setting up a spare campfire to help a little on the way. We made it back safely, I dropped my inventory, let her know there were more minerals in with the moles (I like using them as storage), shaved my silk for her and was ready to go. All while she marveled in chat that I had a great base set up. For those who noticed/are concerned that I was Webber: there was only one spider den around, and not even in the base. I dislike the civil war strategy.

I don't know what happened from there since I was asleep. But the feeling of leaving someone with improved chances for survival and happy to inherit my base was a nice way to end the night. I hope she made it.

Aww, well that's awesome!  It's so nice to hear a tale of people actually playing _nicely_ together...most of the time, I'd expect a story like this to end with:

"...and then the guy who'd saved my life from the hounds twice and played loyally by my side for three entire seasons...pulled out a hammer and destroyed the entire base.  People suck.  Never have friends."

SO nice to see something that goes the _opposite_ way of that...

...Notorious

On 8/7/2016 at 11:45 AM, Arlesienne said:

Heartwarming. Do you think you will play together again? Like through "Recently played with"?

Not likely. I'm dumb enough to like going onto random public servers and don't see the same people too often. I screenshot like crazy though, so I'm pretty sure I have their name.

On 8/10/2016 at 1:42 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

Aww, well that's awesome!  It's so nice to hear a tale of people actually playing _nicely_ together...most of the time, I'd expect a story like this to end with:

"...and then the guy who'd saved my life from the hounds twice and played loyally by my side for three entire seasons...pulled out a hammer and destroyed the entire base.  People suck.  Never have friends."

SO nice to see something that goes the _opposite_ way of that...

...Notorious

Gotta shine a light on the good sometimes!

7 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

Not likely. I'm dumb enough to like going onto random public servers and don't see the same people too often. I screenshot like crazy though, so I'm pretty sure I have their name.

Gotta shine a light on the good sometimes!

The "Recently played with" list is more reliable when it comes to finding people you played with. Just a tip ;).

Besides, it's not being dumb, it's being adventurous!

14 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

The "Recently played with" list is more reliable when it comes to finding people you played with. Just a tip ;).

Besides, it's not being dumb, it's being adventurous!

Adventurous is a nice way to put it!

The few hours I put in per world is nothing compared to a singleplayer save anyways, so I get more fun seeing what other people do than I get frustration from griefers.

6 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

Adventurous is a nice way to put it!

The few hours I put in per world is nothing compared to a singleplayer save anyways, so I get more fun seeing what other people do than I get frustration from griefers.

A very wise attitude. If you want to see ours, you are warmly welcome!

Archived