Make Don't Starve Together replace Don't Starve.

6 minutes ago, jackakerman031 said:

I did a couple amateur mods. If you really want to try it, let's collab, eh? Let's make DST: Alone together, and watch nome eat a crow on stream.

What changes are required to go from DST to DS? Mob health only?

How do you solve the problem of switching between "alone" and "together"?

The server kicks everybody out and gets closed?

Lets assume we start on an "alone" server, there is a desert, but no dragonfly arena.

We activate "together" mode, we spawn one arena in the desert, the dragonfly no longer goes after you during summer?

We go back to "alone" mode, we remove the arena?

Basically, what do we do with the inherent changes between DS "alone" mode and DST "alone" mode?

Or do we tell people to suck it in the name of balance (like when it happened when DST got RoG integrated by default, and some people complained about not being able to stack rabbits in chests anymore)?

5 minutes ago, DarkXero said:

What changes are required to go from DST to DS? Mob health only?

How do you solve the problem of switching between "alone" and "together"?

The server kicks everybody out and gets closed?

Lets assume we start on an "alone" server, there is a desert, but no dragonfly arena.

We activate "together" mode, we spawn one arena in the desert, the dragonfly no longer goes after you during summer?

We go back to "alone" mode, we remove the arena?

Basically, what do we do with the inherent changes between DS "alone" mode and DST "alone" mode?

Or do we tell people to suck it in the name of balance (like when it happened when DST got RoG integrated by default, and some people complained about not being able to stack rabbits in chests anymore)?

You don't change it back and forth. That's the point.

9 hours ago, jackakerman031 said:

And just like that, all of the fanbase is happy.

Also, I got rid of that thread I made. I was a young forum goer back then. I was frustrated with bugs at the time. The thread that you linked into this one.

Plus, seriously? Go talk to others before speaking on their behalf.

Hey look, it's a guy who has no experience or skills telling the devs what is simple and what isn't.

And of course, just to top it off, is using this amazing knowledge base to tell those devs what is and isn't viable.

Interesting.

I don't understand this, but @nome is right. What's the point of taking Don't Starve away from people who still enjoy it (which I know there still are some, including myself)? Not everyone likes or even has the means to play multiplayer. This seems like a very selfish idea...but that's just me. 
Also, if you're going to start suggestions, it's probably better you aren't impolite to the devs. It's because of them that you have the games to even enjoy in the first place. Please show a little bit of respect. They've given us too much of their time and love to be pushed around with unreasonable demands.

*sigh* Hello Danny...(or better known as @Sudura @UnionGaming @UnionGaming2 and @UnionGaming3)

What, is the entirety of Adventure Mode, character rebalances, old bell, etc. gonna be changed with the flip of a switch? Let's just face that it's not gonna happen because they are two different games. The lore and everything associated with DS can't just be ported to DST and switched on and off, so it's better to just leave it as two different games. If you wanna make a mod for it, go right ahead, but the idea of merging DS and DST is stupid. 

I honestly don't see how this suggestion would help in any of the disparity issues currently going on between DS and Together. You see, what I'm getting from this is that you want a game that prompts a player to select between one mode or the other before starting the game [please correct me if this is wrong]. However, what I don't see is what good it even does.

It changes absolutely nothing in regards to the difference of one's code to the other's. All I can see it being good for is speeding up the process of switching between modes, which now can only be done if you exit one and launch the other on Steam, but that's nothing, and I repeat, nothing compared to the big downside I see it would bring, which is that now instead of providing support at different paces for two different games, Klei would suddenly be providing support at different paces for two different parts of the same game, and sorry but I can only see that whipping up more rage and misunderstanding towards them.

So no, I'm not on board with this idea.

Fwiw, this thread was started by an alternate account from a user who has been banned multiple times to troll the forum. I should have locked it after I banned the account. Sorry about that. 

Archived