Big tentacles, ancient guardian, and other things

I've been playing the beta for a couple of weeks now consistently and I have some questions in regards to the future of the game. I'll try to split each topic up into sections.

Big Tentacles:

Are there any plans for big tentacles to drop their loot in the future again?

One of my favorite aspects of singleplayer is going down into the caves and killing the big tentacles for those sweet loot drops. I always felt like the tentacle spike filled in the gap between spear and hambat damage wise, then the next best thing would be the dark sword of course. Not only that, but big tentacles also drop things such as light bulbs, tentacle spots, marshy turf, slurtle slime, skeletons, rocks, and of course the tentacle spot. If no player is using wickerbottom, the tentacle spike and tentacle spots are no longer renewable. The tentacle spots are very useful for crafting things such as a raincoat, which is the next best thing from the eyebrella since they both give 100% protection from wetness and lightening strikes. I do love the new addition of traveling via tentacle holes (like wormholes) upon kill.

Ancient Guardian:

Will the ancient guardian have a reset timer upon kill in a later update?

Due to the fact that each server only has one cave/ruin system, there is only one ancient guardian. Ancient guardian drops his horn which can be used to craft the houndius shootius. What if you're playing with several people and someone has already killed the guardian and used the horn? He also drops the big ornate chest filled with goodies like thulecite and ancient gems (although the dragonfly drops gems too) which is technically non-renewable because we can't world hop.

Ancient Items:

The magiluminescence can be refueled by using nightmare fuel which is great. Would it be possible for the other staffs and items to be refueled too, such as the construction amulet, desconstruction amulet, lazy explorer, lazy forager, and star caller's staff?

The 6 clockwork monster setpiece:

Re-introducing the wooden thing setpiece, without the actual wooden thing in the middle for the purpose of a purple gem.

We cannot world hop, so the wooden thing surrounded by the six clockwork monsters are not present. Unless you find another random setpiece that includes a bishop (which I haven't come across yet), you may not be able to obtain a purple gem as fast as you would like to build a shadow manipulator. Maybe replace the wooden thing with a chest filled with random rare goodies or something. I know that blue hounds drop blues gems and red hounds drop red, but sometimes that can take a while to happen depending on your luck.

World Regrowth:

Are there any new changes happening with that specific world setting? As of now, I see that things like carrots, rabbit holes, trees, and flowers can grow back. Are there any plans for other things such as berry bushes, grass tufts, saplings, reeds, etc? Accidents happen, and again, since we are sharing this world with other players, things tend to accidentally get burned down by people or by natural causes from smoldering.

Item Suggestion:

One thing I've always wanted to ask is about adding an item like a cave net. The cave net can be used and setup to catch the rocks, flint, nitre, gems, marble, etc when an earthquake has occurred. It could prevent these things from breaking upon hitting the floor.

Thank you,
PosterxG1rl

I don't know if we are allowed to bump a thread up, so I apologize if I just broke a rule. With the announcement of DST coming September 13 (yay!), I don't know how long this subsection of the forum will be open.

More than anything I'm curious about the big tentacles and the world regrowth questions.

@ScottHansen

@JanH

@bizziboi

@nome

@JoeW

• Developer

Correct me I'm wrong, but those questions and suggestions would apply to the PC version on DST as well?

We don't have any plans to make PS4 specific content, but we do plan to keep it as up to date as we can with changes made on PC. I'd suggest posting these questions in the DST suggestions and feedback forum. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/76-dont-starve-together-suggestions-and-feedback/

On 8/25/2016 at 8:15 PM, ScottHansen said:

Correct me I'm wrong, but those questions and suggestions would apply to the PC version on DST as well?

We don't have any plans to make PS4 specific content, but we do plan to keep it as up to date as we can with changes made on PC. I'd suggest posting these questions in the DST suggestions and feedback forum. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/76-dont-starve-together-suggestions-and-feedback/

Thanks for responding, and yes, those questions would apply to PC as well, although I've been exclusively playing on PS4 for a while now.

I appreciate the team making an effort to try and keep the PS4 version up to date with the PC version. I'll copy and paste my original post over in the correct link you provided.

Moved over to link below in suggestions in feedback for DST: 

Archived