[RESOLVED] Game crashes almost instantly - Windows 10

HadouRide

I start up the game and it puts me into full screen mode, I hear the metalic noise for less then a second, the screen never shows any textures or into cutscene, and then it kicks me out to my desktop while the game is still "running." If I try to open the still running game the same thing as said above occurs. I have no clue as to why this is happening, I've reinstalled DirectX, checked the validity of the files, and reinstalled the game multiple times through steam. The game originally worked on my computer with no problems, so i don't know what caused it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the link, I updated my drivers but that didn't seem to do the trick. I am still having the same issue. I could attach a video of what is happening if it would help. (I would have to record it on my phone since I do not have any screen capturing programs).

Did you happen to upgrade to Windows 10 recently? If so, unfortunately upgrading to Windows 10 may cause some conflicts or issues with certain software.

First off, try installing the latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/2977003). If you are on the latest version and the issue persists, the same link will provide instructions on how to install older versions of Visual C++ to see if those fix your issue. 

Another troubleshooting step you can do is to try running the game in Windows 7 Compatibility mode.
- Go to Steam\steamapps\common\mark_of_the_ninja\bin
- Right-click on game.exe and choose "Properties"
- Choose Compatibility Tab > check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
- choose Windows 7 and check "run this program as administrator"

Archived