Survive the Shadows

*thud*

Excuse me while I go into an animation coma for about a week.

15 days later of actual work and this thing is finally finished. It wasn't supposed to be this complicated but as all my projects have taught me, always suspect the unexpected.

Anyways, I've been wanting to do something for awhile concerning Shadows and Survive the Shadows since I've always had it in my head as the main theme. It just... fits the mood. I would've done a full AMV but I just wasn't having it. So turned it into an opening. Because openings are fun. (And honestly this is the best one I've made thus far in that category.)

This video was originally supposed to be 1:22 buuuut, hey, I change my mind sometimes. Besides, it was too tempting to have something before the music started. Very special thanks to Maxwell's voice actor for taking time out of his day to do the lines. (Oh by the way, the music playing during the beginning is Awkward Meeting by Kevin Macleod.)

So yeah... if Survive the Shadows was a series, it would have an opening like this.

The trickiest thing with this opening was having zero lyrics to work with. Had to just go by the feel and beat of the music.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Now if you'll excuse me.

*falls into coma*

• Like 5

OVCE-Scene-5.gif

nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

• Like 4

Percival and Melinda.png

"Melinda, did that man come by again?"

"Which one? I see plenty of men everyday in my library."

"That school teacher. The scientist."

"Oh, you must mean Mr. Higgsbury. Yes, he's just trying to keep up on his studies."

"Rather frequent for just studying or preparing lessons.... You sure he doesn't have... you know... interests in something else at your library?"

"... Maybe."

(Yeah Percival is totally not checking out the librarian- *shot for unintentional bad pun*)

• Like 3

Reminder.png

Just nipping this in the bud right now. I've always found credit important and well... breaks my heart a little when someone doesn't get credit for something they've worked on. And this has happened a lot with collabs I've done so I'm just trying to stop this from happening again.

Also, to be quite frank, I would never have bothered delving into Don't Starve fanfic writing if Storm hadn't proposed the idea. So, you can thank her for the existence of Survive the Shadows.

So please, if you're going to reference Survive the Shadows, please put both our names.

Thank you for reading.

- Aileen Rose

• Like 5

On 21.8.2016 at 7:53 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

So please, if you're going to reference Survive the Shadows, please put both our names.

Out of curiosity, what if I'm refering to the art in particular? I know Storm keeps you sane when making big projects, but the watermarks make me unsure.

• Like 1

Updates.png

Aileen Rose here to bring another update on... things. Anyhow.

So school is about to start up again for me which means things are going to probably slow down a smidge in production since I'll be balancing school work and my job. I don't know how big of a difference it's going to be, I just know I'll have less free time. This summer has been quite the experience for me in learning animation and storyboarding. Just... phew, what a ride and I don't plan to stop. But in regards to Survive the Shadows stuff, (or rather just projects in general) here's the low down.

Otto Von Chesterfield Esquire - This sucker is next on the list to be animated. It's rather short so it shouldn't be too bad for me and I have been looking forward to this one. This will be the last rough animation for a bit since I want to get better at storyboarding. Not all will be storyboards, but do expect them. Speaking of.

The Firestarter and Ghost Flower - These will be the storyboards in question to follow after Otto Von Chesterfield Esquire is complete. Firestarter is well on its way to being ready since the audio is pretty much done, but I won't start it just yet. Ghost Flower, still waiting on voices. But they're least slowly getting ready. It would've been fun to do these as rough animations, but time constraints and my sanity... And again. Practice. I need the practice. So just letting you guys know ahead of time before you get disappointed that they aren't rough animations like Welcome to the Shadows and Otto Von Chesterfield Esquire.

Survive the Shadows - Chapters 16 - 18 - You know it's kind of hard for me and Storm to grasp the idea that the last few chapters of this story are going to be posted as soon as I get the covers done... It's just... weird. But it's going to be nice to just have it all up in the open and finished. As for what is to happen later that's for me and Storm to know, and you to find out. ;)

Secret Project - ... That's all you're getting out of me. I'm not even saying what it is. All I can say is that it is Don't Starve related. Have fun guessing.

One last thing I'm going to bring up is really off topic but it is going to be a factor in video production stuff. There's a particular AMV I've been working at bit by bit since January known as Top of the World. I've been putting it off for awhile and I would really like to get it done so it will take some priority over the other videos in terms of what I work on in free time. Reason I say it's off topic is because it's not a Don't Starve video but is relevant in regards to what I am working on. So yeah, just throwing that out there.

And that's about it. There will be more to come, but right now these are the current items of business.

Catch you all later.

- Aileen rose

• Like 6

50 Followers.png

So as some of you might know, Survive the Shadows has a tumblr. Starting out we really weren't sure how things were going to go. We thought maybe at best, we would get 5 or 10 followers, few reblogs and possibly 10 questions for the Scientific Inquiries (Ask Wilson) segments. But by June 11th, about 2-3 months after the blog was started along with the story (March 31st the blog was created, the first chapter was posted April 2nd) we hit 50 followers, which was huge for us. We celebrated by posting this image. We were pretty darn happy and kept on keeping on with the story and kept getting questions from time to time. (Which really warmed my heart a lot when we got really good ones that concerned what was going on Survive the Shadows because to us it was a sign people were reading.)

Then we come to today...

That a Big Number.png

Holy moly that's a biiiig number. While questions haven't really been coming in as of late, the follower count, likes and reblogs never really stopped growing which is pretty darn awesome. Especially for a story that is almost over. Not entirely sure what we're gonna do to celebrate but I was thinking of an art raffle of some sort or... I dunno. Either way, just want to do something special for the occasion since not even my main tumblr has 100. (Though it's pretty darn close.) Thanks for all the asks, reblogs and stuff.

We'll keep doing our absolute best.

Survive the Shadows tumblr: http://survivetheshadows.tumblr.com/

• Like 5