Survive the Shadows

Two sides of a coin.png

Something I wanted to bring up real fast since this came up in a recent post.

So usually whenever I've appeared in a drawing I've looked like the girl on the right. That's because she's my Don't Starve-sona as it were. But recent post I appeared in my normal attire so just wanted to clarify this. My cartoon self generally dresses how I do, I've just been using my Don't Starve-sona because it fit nicely with the rest of the characters and I wanted to keep a running theme. So.... Yeah. I'll still be appearing as her, though I do want to throw it out there that she is an OC of mine as well. I just haven't really touched much on her yet since I'm still working on Survive the Shadows. But I do have plans for her later.

So... Yeah. Just thought I'd just say that. I do want to work more on Wylie as a character, but for now, she just happens to be someone who speaks for me.

Enjoy!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Percy 2.png

Decided to color my interpretation of Shadow Wilson. Needed something to unwind with after yesteday’s mishaps. (Flight delays suck by the way. I didn’t get home till 3:00 AM. =A=;;; )

It's interesting how you borrowed the paper texture colors to help assist with the pallet for your redesign.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

[Weeeeeelsun]

Decided to color my interpretation of Shadow Wilson. Needed something to unwind with after yesteday’s mishaps. (Flight delays suck by the way. I didn’t get home till 3:00 AM. =A=;;; )

When I first looked at this, I thought you had drawn Wilson with a big butt... Turns out it was just the coat tails though. *cue face of disappointment*

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Daaaw, humanized Lucy. Love the farmer aesthetic in her design.

23 minutes ago, Storm137 said:

Hi everyone Stormy here today to bring you... A mini writing tip. There was a lot of things in Survive the Shadows that are the usual par for the course but I do get this question myself from time to time... So today I'm talking... Linebreaks.
Ever wonder why with fanficts or original work posted online, line breaks aren't traditional line breaks and instead are the following:

////

ooooo

------

??????

For things like Survive the Shadows, the O method is used because it's just easier then having to keep adding in a new line break or what have you since when you upload chapters to places like Fanfiction.net it already gets condensed and the line break tool is hard to find in that edit bar. (Stupid edit bar not clearly marked...)

Line breaks are your friend. Keeps things flowing and it's better than to have to constantly state what exactly is going on. "Meanwhile" gets tired of having to keep repeating every scene change. Saves time and document space. (Although it takes a lot to fill up a google doc. Trust me, there were a few docs filled to maximum capacity back in the day)

@toki-wartoothxx and me do something similar. Where you writing this due to people asking or just for advice?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Storm137 said:

Just for advice in general. :) That's mainly gonna be my thing when it comes to stuff on this thread. I'm not that good of an artist but I know my way around a storyline. (At least I like to think so)

Ey, that's fine. Thanks for helping those with tips. Was just curious.

10 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Sur la Grande Cote

Music! I love music! It's good music ^_^ It's also a stunning painting of Luce and Woodie, he looks good in uniform, she looks lovely.

4 hours ago, Storm137 said:

So today I'm talking... Linebreaks.

I have never even considered to pay any attention to those. I just made paragraphs normally up until now, and if I ever needed to show that some time passed or the scene changed, I used a brief, single sentence, such as "Night came without mercy." or if there are many scene changes, just start with something that clearly indicates the change, such as "The boiler..." or "Wilson's hound problem..."

Really, I only use them when designing flyers and such :p Even then, I prefer using extra large spacing over actual "line breaks".

• Like 2

Wilson Expressions 2.jpg

Drawings I did while I was the Disney Family Museum yesterday. Was rather inspired by the character sheets that I got to see. Decided to mess around with Wilson’s expressions and such. Felt good.

Not sure which one is my favorite...

• Like 4